It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian su-34 destroy multiple convoys In Turkish/Syrian borders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Now THAT is better! S&F

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: romilo

There are innocent blood everywhere, we cannot save them by thinking case by case at this point right?

No, probably not.

Doesn't mean we can't want to. Or even try to, if the opportunity arises. That's the horror of what's going on over there, or in any area of conflict like this...the innocents who only want it to stop, so they can rebuild without having to worry about where the next massacre is going to occur.

Or the next bombing run. Or pissing off the guys "protecting" your family in some way.

How else you would suggest them terror groups to be stopped? As u might know that these groups are seemingly dedicated to cause much pain to civilians and use them in many brutal ways, political talks might be over their heads.
Destroying their supplies and bases might be the best thing to do here, it will bring faster end to em and rebuilding could start sooner.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Yes, yes I would.

All I'm saying here is, you don't know the motivation of these drivers. Are they believing members of Daesh? Are they just trying to feed their families? These guys have a choice, maybe not good ones, but choices nevertheless.

But the guys who are, essentially, slaves because their families will be in danger if they don't. these guys are guilty of nothing save being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yes, they're targets. Don't think I ever said otherwise. Doesn't mean I can't regret the necessity, and most fervently hope another way is found.

It's not black and white. War never is. No matter how justified it may be, there's always gray, splashed with what looks remarkably like blood.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So they arent attacking ISIS...

check...

I wonder if Turkey will up their support to Ukraine by attacking terrorists in the East. Maybe help restore ukrainian territorial integrity.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: seagull

To be clear... you are of the opinion those working for Daesh, transporting oil, for funds and weapons are somehow to be given the green light because they have families?

Daesh the same group kidnapping girls by the thousands to be raped and sold, slaughtering anyone and everyone they choose as they viciously attack and hold hostage Syrians/Iraqis for the past 5 years, lets not forget the beheadings/ burning of people alive, using the money they have to organize cells across the globe to spread their horrific acts and you find sympathy for those aiding their campaign!?

I almost forgot about their use of chemical weapons, add that to the list!

Wow!

unless you own your own business, you work for an evil bastard. its just the way of the world.

Unless we are going to say that your average billionaire/owner of capital is generally a good person with your best interest at heart (which I'd be willing to say is possible based on my own experiences).

When it comes to feeding my kids, i don't give a damn where the money comes from. Ill be happy to earn it. And if i can't earn it, then im happy to take it from someone. My kids > anyone else.

That is just sad but i guess thats pretty humane, at least that is how we humans see each other. Perhaps that is also why we simple humans keep losing time after time.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There probably isn't a better way.

Doesn't mean it's a good way, and that we shouldn't regret it.

Regret the necessity, but you do it anyway. What choice is there? That's why so many soldiers have nightmares. I can safely say, I've always regretted I wasn't able to serve in the military like most of my family did over several generations. Equally as safely, I can say that I'm glad I'm not serving today. The choices I might have to make are the stuff of nightmare.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree with your elaborations that it's not a white/black scenario and a lot of innocents are caught up/forced into this mess -

However I can't see how actively putting your family in harms way to make money to feed them makes sense - although I wouldn't be surprised if they were told by ISIS if hey didn't do it they'd be tortured and executed.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The way i see it: terrorists have repeatedly claimed that attacking civilian targets is justified because the civilians fund the government. Much to the horror of the west.

So the question being posed here is: should the west take a similar view, and begin holding the civilian population of the area accountable for supporting the authority by working for them?

I think the answer is obvious. Unless morality has become a measure of equivalency, anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Correct.

The REAL regret would happen as you sit and listen to your children sobbing and crying when all they had for supper (again) was their sadness.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think the answer is obvious. Unless morality has become a measure of equivalency, anyway.

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed...as that bridge was crossed quite some time ago.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The way i see it: terrorists have repeatedly claimed that attacking civilian targets is justified because the civilians fund the government. Much to the horror of the west.

So the question being posed here is: should the west take a similar view, and begin holding the civilian population of the area accountable for supporting the authority by working for them?

I agree that there must be effective plan to these bombings and not just random drop one here another there type of thingy, there are probably millions of Syrians around Syria and one cannot just go and bomb em all away because they are stuck middle of terrorist and bombs and what not. Destroying terror groups oil trucks is one of the very effective bombing i would say, even if the driver is one of the forced civilians.

On the west side of the question i have to say short and sweet answer, talk with Assad.
edit on 4-12-2015 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Russian su-34 destroy multiple of convoys in Turkey, with many dead and more than 40 trucks destroyed. In addition Russian jets reinforce with aid Kurdish army against ISIS and Turkish forces which they support and aid isis inside Syrian borders... (lol) All that in the last 24 hours.

The bellow link can be auto-translate by clicking your flag under the main article title and image.

link

ps: everyday we have destruction of convoys, though we have one topic with the warning Erdogan gave (www.abovetopsecret.com... ) so.. not sure if we have to post all convoy bombings inside that topic.

Obama will be sooo pissed...
Putin is wrecking Obama's ISIS operation....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Bombing the area doesn't seem to have really done much good. Not that I am surprised....we aren't weaponizing hugs in those bombs.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So they arent attacking ISIS...

check...

I wonder if Turkey will up their support to Ukraine by attacking terrorists in the East. Maybe help restore ukrainian territorial integrity.

All convoys depart from turkey. Russia also made a note to my island, because as you may know, smugglers move thousands of immigrants from turkish coasts to our Aegean islands. Now all these islands, are invaded by MKO's (save the planet and/or save human rights) and most of these mko's are the ones who hide behind these convoys! An example is ONE NATION. Here is an example (link )

and its sad to tell you that these MKO's are also cooping with the UN. We know many legal immigrants from pakistan and other countries, who live in my island, work for these MKO's as translators, etc and they get paid from the UN. This is a 100% comfirmed because I know 1 personally! He tells me all (whats going on). He works in one of these MKO's but he gets his money directly in a bank account from the UN.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Bombing the area doesn't seem to have really done much good. Not that I am surprised....we aren't weaponizing hugs in those bombs.

Bombing what area? If trucks u mean, i think it will have huge affect in whole terror games in Syria, if Russians and allies manages to destroy great number of all them trucks flowing out of Syria, or even find the fields where they are getting the oil. This can be stopped in matter of short period of time rather than years and years letting them grow and globalize their effort like they are doing it right now.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There probably isn't a better way.

Doesn't mean it's a good way, and that we shouldn't regret it.

Regret the necessity, but you do it anyway. What choice is there? That's why so many soldiers have nightmares. I can safely say, I've always regretted I wasn't able to serve in the military like most of my family did over several generations. Equally as safely, I can say that I'm glad I'm not serving today. The choices I might have to make are the stuff of nightmare.

Better way could have been to western leaders have had a allots and lots of talks with Assad government before it came to this but i guess they vent hell bent over killing and changing Syrian leadership to their own likeness, like they did in another countries in ME already.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

i think it will have huge affect in whole terror games in Syria, if Russians and allies manages to destroy great number of all them trucks flowing out of Syria, or even find the fields where they are getting the oil.

Syria knows where the oil fields are, they built them.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

i think it will have huge affect in whole terror games in Syria, if Russians and allies manages to destroy great number of all them trucks flowing out of Syria, or even find the fields where they are getting the oil.

Syria knows where the oil fields are, they built them.

I was thinking about it while i wrote it, they should also go and close down these oil fields that are on enemy hands, either take them over or bomb them shut down. No more oil trucks needed.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love how people try to paint this in different shades of gray.

You can not it is black or white.Terrorist or not terrorist.

These people will not play nice the only way to deal with them

is to plant them in the ground.If they hide in a school bomb the hell out of it.

Keep killing them till the come no more. You might say that this is inhumane.

And it is but it is playing by their rules.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Tough love but i agree with your message except that i would not consider playing it by terrorist rules, these bombs should be used inside an plan that actually seeks effective ending to terrorism, bombing whole country and areas where there are great number of civilians are not effective bombing, they will create more chaos and chaos create more terrorism and so on, bombing a convoys that are running oil business in another hand is very effective bombing, shoulda bomb those oil fields too if they cannot retake the areas fast.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join