It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI now investigating SB shooting as act of terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just got an alert that an FBI spokesman has said they're investigating the shooting as an act of terrorism. There's a live press conference going right now, trying to find a source.

NBC is carrying the live conference.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming?

Guess where its leading?

Answer:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yawn... seriously.. I like how the AFT is in charge, and THE FBI, No more quesstions... questions anyone?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yea, the said they turned the crime scene over to the residents. There are two thread up with news media crawling all over the apartment, picking stuff up and touching everything. If this was a robbery, I would think the crime scene would take more than 24 hours to process?

This is odd, no?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook had contact with people from at least two terror organizations overseas, including the Nusra Front in Syria and al-Shabab in Somalia, a federal law enforcement official said Friday. The revelations came as the FBI formally announced they were investigating the shooting spree as an act of terrorism. Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, died in a police shootout on Wednesday several hours after bursting into a holiday potluck for the San Bernardino County health department and killing 14 people. As the investigation expands, the law enforcement source said, agents are trying to learn more about the couple’s contacts here and overseas, “especially those in Pakistan” where Farook visited and Malik was born. One key question, said the official, “is if they had any weapons or terror training in Pakistan.” The sources described "some kind" of contact between Farook and people from the Nusra Front and al-Shababa. It's unclear what type of contact or with whom.

San Bernardino massacre probed as act of terrorism, FBI says

It looks like this might be what a lot of people on ATS have surmised.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Alright. Trying to update as I go.

The FBI had cleared the house that journalists entered and had no control over the residence.

They know the whereabouts of the person who purchased the weapons. They have somebody in custody but won't say anything beyond that.

They don't know whether the wife influenced Farook or not.

The ATF is heading the portion of the investigation dealing with the weapons.

They know of contacts Farook had via mobile and electronic comms inside the US but aren't sure whether there was foreign contact.

A reporter is saying IS has claimed responsibility, FBI spokesman says he's unaware of it but not surprised.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
FBI also says Farook was not being actively surveilled or monitored.

Sheriff says no known credible threat currently. Reporter said "there was no known credible threat before the attack so what does that mean?"

I lol'd a little.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Some of us knew it was IS sympathisers from near the beginning...

It was only a matter of time before they made it official.

What we need now is efficiency in finding out who was linked to the planning.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Two cell phones found in a trash can that had been crushed. Forensics trying to pull information off of those devices.

Confirmed that the wife posted her support of IS during the attack.

Commentator on CNN is saying that the IS media presence is calling the two shooters supporters, not fighters or soldiers of IS. Nobody other than the one reporter at the conference seems to know anything about IS claiming responsibility.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yea, the said they turned the crime scene over to the residents. There are two thread up with news media crawling all over the apartment, picking stuff up and touching everything. If this was a robbery, I would think the crime scene would take more than 24 hours to process?

This is odd, no?

Like bulldozing the compound after the fire at the Branch Davidian siege. Nothing to see here folks.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Confirmed that the wife posted her support of IS during the attack.

Be careful who you marry.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Story to be spun as per detailed before hand...

FBI should have announced this day one.

Contaminated evidence, compartmentalized authority, a spiders web of lies this whole mess.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What miffs me off ( besides their senseless slaughter) is this woman apparently came over here on a "fiance" visa and zero background check. They ran her prints. Big whoop.
I flew recently inside the US and had all but a strip search and interrigation done...twice! Coming and going. I am fair skinned, light haired and have zero profile to warrant such treatment. I own no firearm, have zero convictions, self employed in a reputable professional business that warrants excessive background checks twice a year. Wtf?

I figured it was my ATS presence.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

See no ISIS, hear no ISIS, say no ISIS.

Gun control can proceed as planned.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

It was interesting. There was a lady who called the local morning talk program who claimed 5 years' experience training Afghan police forces. She surmised that when someone goes over and gets a bride like this, 80% of the time the bride comes with money and connections, and from what we have seen so far, the scenario seems to be baring this out.

The money needed to pull this off is way above Syed's pay grade, and the wife is the one who supposedly radicalized him.

It may not be that simple. He may actually have reached out and been hooked up with the means to make it all happen. You know, marriage of convenience.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What it means is there are a lot more terrorist cells and lone attackers in your communities that have kept a low profile and the first you will hear of them is when they act. It's the very nature of terrorism. THAT'S why you cannot fully control or eradicate it. Especially bombing Syria because the cells are already here (add any western countries name here).

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Anyone alive knows that from first glance this is an act of terror. There is no debate here, only people trying to push the alternative explanation are the PC lefts. We can assume the weakest leader of American history is still sticking to his pen, this is workplace violence or mental illness. He is such a soft conformist human being, you could practically blame him for terrorism on American soil. This whole mess is starting to effect my composure. We need an aggressive hardline president to recalibrate the American policy when dealing with the systemic cause of terror.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Story to be spun as per detailed before hand...

FBI should have announced this day one.

Contaminated evidence, compartmentalized authority, a spiders web of lies this whole mess.

Don't be silly, if we can't trust the authorities; who can we trust???

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
FBI also says Farook was not being actively surveilled or monitored.

Sheriff says no known credible threat currently. Reporter said "there was no known credible threat before the attack so what does that mean?"

I lol'd a little.

Imagine that... They monitor terrorists but missed the terrorists... They've probably been monitoring some Tea Party Org out in the sticks instead.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

What miffs me off ( besides their senseless slaughter) is this woman apparently came over here on a "fiance" visa and zero background check. They ran her prints. Big whoop.
I flew recently inside the US and had all but a strip search and interrigation done...twice! Coming and going. I am fair skinned, light haired and have zero profile to warrant such treatment. I own no firearm, have zero convictions, self employed in a reputable professional business that warrants excessive background checks twice a year. Wtf?

I figured it was my ATS presence.

White privilege... Sorry, Newz, but that's what white privilege will get you. You'll get bare minimum investigation if you're a minority.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join