It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bust in Capitol Building Honors Dick Cheney for Ending Terrorism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.slate.com...

A bust of Dick Cheney was unveiled at the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, a customary honor for former vice presidents that had the ancillary benefit of celebrating the ex-veep's achievement of ending radical Islamic terrorism via the invasion of Iraq.

The logic of the Cheney-advocated 2003 Iraqi invasion was widely questioned at the time given that the horrific murders of Sept. 11, 2001, were perpetrated not by the Iraqi government but by al-Qaida terrorists of mostly Saudi origin working for an organization based in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Some observers also wondered whether the U.S.'s security interests would be served by overthrowing the government of a heavily armed, factionally and religiously divided country without any subsequent plan in place to provide its citizens with security or basic services.

I think it's now official. The US has slipped into a surreal state of schizophrenia; a total break from reality.

Especially in light of what just transpired in Paris and SB. Terrorism isn't just confined to the ME, it's now everywhere. Thanks Dick!

imo the neocon Cheney/Rumsfeld corporate war machine is in total control. Next up.... Jeb and Iran.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

See? You just know the statues of rulers from antiquity were the biggest assholes on the planet. Ever see the one of Geroge Bush Sr. in Texas?

OMG, they've added his son, standing next to him!

images

If they get their way, one day they'll add Jeb, too… gulp!
edit on 4-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

mo the neocon Cheney/Rumsfeld corporate war machine is in total control. Next up.... Jeb and Iran.

Well that was hilarious.

Because everyone knows the VP and Sec Defense have no real power.

The push policy set forth by the Potus.

A policy CONGRESS voted on.

A policy set in motion long before ole GW,Cheney,Rumsfeld.

I particularly like the Neocons in the beginning of that video.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Did you miss this disclaimer at the end of the article?

*Everything in this article is a grim, rueful joke except for the part about the traditional vice presidential bust being unveiled at the Capitol on Thursday. That actually did happen.

The article was satire.

edit on 12 4 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Dick by name......

Yeah thanks dude, we're a lot safer now.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Edit:Whoops sorry, thats not Hillary…

images
edit on 4-12-2015 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Dick by name......

Yeah thanks dude, we're a lot safer now.

Yah, written history (written by the victors) will reflect he stopped terrorism, when he helped make it the biggest conflagration on the Planet. He's the head terrorist.

Do they have to change the battery on the statue? Maybe they should hang a clock around his neck like the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz.

Or put a pump lump under his jacket.
edit on 4-12-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Because everyone knows the VP and Sec Defense have no real power.

The push policy set forth by the Potus.

A policy CONGRESS voted on.

A policy set in motion long before ole GW,Cheney,Rumsfeld.

Whaaat? Are you kidding? Its basically been proven the Bush Administration - specifically, Powell - Rice - Rumsfield - Bush and most importantly, most of ALL Cheney, were responsible for everything that happened during their tenure.

They lied, they took information and crossed it out, or demanded as much, intelligence reports that said nothing, they puffed up and presented to congress and others to get their way.

They were bullies. Even Bush Sr is trying to blame it on Rumsfield and Cheney, to try and save his Son as history remembers him.

I am totally shocked as well, because pretty much anything Obama or Clinton or whoever, if there was a policy they so much signed their name on, you'd be blaming them 100% with total responsibility. Well, Im not shocked actually. That's partisan politics isn't it?

former CIA director George Tenet has become the latest former official to admit publicly that the Bush administration launched its war against Iraq based upon false pretenses and manipulated intelligence.

... torturers and assassins that he headed for seven years, passed over the horrific death toll in the Iraq war with mild tut-tutting, and reserved his real passion for complaints about backstabbing against himself by former partners in crime like Vice President Cheney and Condoleezza Rice.

Both legs of this construct were false, as Tenet now admits, although he claimed that only the second, the Iraq-Al Qaeda “connection” was deliberately fabricated. He writes in the memoir, “Let me say it again. CIA found absolutely no linkage between Saddam and 9/11.”

www.wsws.org...
edit on 4-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

*Everything in this article is a grim, rueful joke except for the part about the traditional vice presidential bust being unveiled at the Capitol on Thursday. That actually did happen.

The article was satire.

Based on reality. It says at the end of the article

"except for the part about the traditional vice presidential bust being unveiled at the Capitol on Thursday. That actually did happen."

As for the rest, just because its satire doesn't mean it isn't true.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a TRAVESTY

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm just gonna leave this here

edit on 4-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well Cheney DID have a pen and a phone. . . . .

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Edit:Whoops sorry, thats not Hillary…

images

That's his wife.

Seems like the only Dick that could be erected is the statue.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

As usual, you beat me to it. My first impulse was to think it was The Onion.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: stosh64

The article was satire.

Based on reality. It says at the end of the article

"except for the part about the traditional vice presidential bust being unveiled at the Capitol on Thursday. That actually did happen."

As for the rest, just because its satire doesn't mean it isn't true.

They unveil a bust for all VP's.
Here is the real article about it.

https ://www.washingtonpost.com/

Honoring the VP with a bust is a tradition that dates back to 1886.

The part about it being dedicated to 'ending terrorism' is satire by the Slate.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Wow, just wow....well Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize....is everyone on crazy pills?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Cheney...what a horrible excuse for a human being. Horrible, horrible man.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I mean, this is the kind of stuff that makes me question what the government is doing, and how they could possibly know what's "right" for any of its ~301 million citizens.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Um... it's not that long of an article. Think you could bother reading the whole thing? If you did you would know that it's satire.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that every VP gets one of these busts. Cheney may be a, well, a dick, but he WAS the VP. Getting the same things that other VP's get shouldn't be a cause for outrage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join