It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Appears On Alex Jones' Radio Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would have thought there was a thread on this by now but I can't find one. My apologies if there is already.

And why, exactly, did Donald Trump go on this man’s show? According to Jones, Roger Stone, a political pundit, opposition researcher, and mutual acquaintance, recommended that Trump appear on Jones’s show to promote his new book, Crippled America. Trump also took the airtime to talk about his own theories on how the world works, brag about how he predicted the rise of Osama bin Laden, and again double down on his claims that he saw Muslims celebrate the 9/11 attacks—which, according to Jones, was a government-plotted false-flag operation involving the U.S. planting explosives around the World Trade Center. (Trump had already been a fan of Jones's site, Infowars, once tweeting a link to an article supporting his claim about Muslims celebrating 9/11.)

www.vanityfair.com...

I'm not sure what more I can add other than that I've been suspecting for a while that both Trump and Carson might be getting a lot of their material from surfing the web or listening to people who are. The debunked graphic on crime statistics tweeted by Trump would be just one example. It's also not surprising that Roger Stone is a mutual acquaintance of Jones and Trump.

Reporting of this is being overshadowed by San Bernardino though it probably would mean little to most people and wouldn't affect his support regardless.

I think the Salon article more or less expresses my opinion on the subject:

None of this is at all surprising. This is where the modern Republican Party has been headed for some time now — slowly converging with far-right conspiracy theorists, as well as nullificationists and right-wing extremists, to create a party which Barry Goldwater or Ronald Reagan would hardly recognize. Trump represents the first serious presidential contender to wrap his puffy arms around Jones and his hypertensive gaggle of weirdos. It represents a massive shift in the GOP toward the paranoid fringe and away from the mainstream. While there’s always been a libertarian strain inside the GOP, featuring a basic distrust of government, Trump has blown right on by the libertarian right and gone further, embracing the fringiest of the fringe.

www.salon.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Article from Salon.

Disregard

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Article from Salon.

Disregard

All right, disregard it.

Irrefutable facts: Polls are showing that 30 some percent of Republicans want Trump to be their nominee. 45 or so percent think he's the best one to handle ISIS. And he's having a love fest on the air with Alex Jones.

You don't need Salon to tell you what to think about that.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I listened to this on AJ's site, ENJOYED it thoroughly.

Afterwards it occured to me that the interview was just a short time before the SanBernadino tragedy. I really wish the news would have come out live during the AJ show, would have loved to witness both Trump and Ajs reactions to the news.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Edit to say, no need to debate if the interview is true or not, it happened and there is video to prove it...
edit on pm1231pmFri, 04 Dec 2015 13:55:53 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
NO open discussion OP? Ok off to chase butterflies then...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Smart move on Trump's part, as Alex Jones has a giant base of listeners.

Love all the name calling in the Salon article.

hypertensive gaggle of weirdos

paranoid fringe

the fringiest of the fringe.

Salon's fear peddling working on ya, Op? LOL!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
NO open discussion OP? Ok off to chase butterflies then...

Not sure I follow. Where am I discouraging open discussion? I apologize if I gave that impression.

originally posted by: raedar

Salon's fear peddling working on ya, Op? LOL!

I came to this conclusion long before I saw the Salon piece. Yes, I admit, I do find the idea of someone who listens to Alex Jones being the Commander in Chief of the U.S. military/industrial complex very disturbing.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Appearing on a talk show during a political campaign is a lot different than being a listener.

Have you ever actually listened to Alex Jones? If so, what is your issue/concern?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They run out of feel good pieces about pedophiles?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Salon . . .

Your source for serious journalism about group-sex, white privilege, oppression of women, cultural appropriation, . . . .

and serious no non-sense, hard hitting political analysis.

Lol.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Interesting cross promotion: A man that fleeced the public for millions with pyramid schemes and a man that fleeces the public for millions by selling novelty pseudo medicine. Can't wait to see the new line of monoatomic gold laced toupees on the infowars store.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Everything Trump does has a clear motive up to him showing up to Adele concerts because the 'business' numbers indicate she has a large fanbase. I find it all very amusing though, i'm glad he's in this just because it adds some entertainment to all of this. The AI # theyre working on over at facebook can get him the most votes just by racking up the stats and showing him. I don't even think he's actually racist, I just think he'll say whatever and do whatever to appeal to as many large groups of people as possible, illogical people being an easy target as most of them wont look too deep into any of it anyway other than the articles they scroll past on twitter and facebook. Him and Alex Jones seem like they would get along well; high energy, both pretty nuts, im surprised he didnt call him out for being in the illuminati or something lmao

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli
Salon . . .

Your source for serious journalism about group-sex, white privilege, oppression of women, cultural appropriation, . . . .

and serious no non-sense, hard hitting political analysis.

Lol.

-FBB

I stand corrected on Salon. I actually haven't read it much lately or ever at all-- I just liked the rant. Thank you for pointing out that it is not considered a good source by ATS community.

There is still solid journalism elsewhere on Trump's appearance on Jone's show. I imagine a recording of it is even available online.

top topics

join