It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: California massacre shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Metallicus

Why does Obama look foolish?

It says this in the OP:

The investigation has been focused on the motivation for the attack with officials including President Barack Obama and San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan saying it may have been motivated by extremist ideology.

Seems Obama was open to the idea it was radical extremists of some sort. So I fail to see your point.

Because he's been repeating the same old worn out line that ISIS poses no threat to Americans. His involvement in this case has nothing to do with the point of the story. He'd just said ISIS was no threat to us the morning this attack happened. That's why he looks foolish.

ISIS ( statistically an overwhelming fact) provides far, far less of a threat to americans than the americans already here.

They just killed 14 people in an attack. I don't care about the statistical threat. ISIS wants a war with us and have threatened us, saying they'll taste our blood after Paris. If I was in a crowded area, I'd have a much more significant feeling that if an attack happens, it'll be an ISIS attack, or an attack in the name of ISIS. I'll let you worry about other Americans.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

No I don't listen to American media, why would I subject myself to that. So he made over 20 pipe bombs, left the majority at home to come back to later? He made that many bombs to attack his old employers? ISIS felt that was the most appropriate target, or, more than likely, he had a # day and decided to attack these people regardless of orders...

To say this is an ISIS attack devalues the whole structure of ISIS. Who in there right mind would say this is what ISIS have been planning for months?
Less MSM a lil more brain plz people.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Ok... Fire all racist cops, stop the cops from picking on minorities, change the second amendment, charge cops with crimes, legalize all drugs (crime and murder will go down) and legalize prostitution. That will solve your problems that you pointed out.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank you! The beginning of his quote is:

"The threat is real. We have to be diligent."

He also said that they don't pose an existential threat, (a threat to our existence).

You'd have to distort his statement substantially to pick out the words, "ISIS is not a threat", because he didn't say that at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yep and thats exactly what isis wants.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So to all who thinks gun violence is on the rise:

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Part of it is confusion. Another part poor writing. Another part is to inject their own views and put what's important to them in the lead (because this is not really objective journalism once in gets out of the gate).

And yes, a hobby of mine it to try to find the first or source story, as written by, say, Reuters, and see how that story is spun by the myriad of online sources that pick it up.

You can get some very interesting insights that way and stash stuff away for later too, as you mentioned.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Absolutely... And just a reminder, here is the "Kill List" authorities think ISIS may look towards hitting as well.

Texas: Abilene, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Wyle, Fort Hood, Bedford, Killeen
Indiana: Michigan City, Bolivar
Michigan: Dearborn Heights, Lake Orion
Connecticut: Barkhamsted, Manchester
Nevada: Reno
Georgia: Griffin
Maryland: Upper Marlboro, Warrensburg, Lexington Park
Arizona: Phoenix
Louisiana: Shreveport, Bossier City (This is where I work)
South Carolina: Daniel Island, Charleston
North Carolina: Fayetteville, New Bern
Virginia: Burke, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Springfield, Norfolk, Chesapeake
Colorado: Colorado Springs
California: Hanford, Solvang, San Ardo, Monterrey, Newberry Park, Carlsbad
New Mexico: Farmington
North Dakota: Minot
South Dakota: Rapid City
Florida: Merritt Island, Palm Coast, Saint John, Middleburg, Saint Augustine
Washington: Colton, Cheney, Seattle, Spokane, Anacortes
Nebraska: Bellevue
Illinois: Orland Park
Rhode Island: Newport
Idaho: Bonners Ferry

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

Why does Obama look foolish?

It says this in the OP:

The investigation has been focused on the motivation for the attack with officials including President Barack Obama and San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan saying it may have been motivated by extremist ideology.

Seems Obama was open to the idea it was radical extremists of some sort. So I fail to see your point.

Because he's been repeating the same old worn out line that ISIS poses no threat to Americans. His involvement in this case has nothing to do with the point of the story. He'd just said ISIS was no threat to us the morning this attack happened. That's why he looks foolish.

ISIS ( statistically an overwhelming fact) provides far, far less of a threat to americans than the americans already here.

They just killed 14 people in an attack. I don't care about the statistical threat. ISIS wants a war with us and have threatened us, saying they'll taste our blood after Paris. If I was in a crowded area, I'd have a much more significant feeling that if an attack happens, it'll be an ISIS attack, or an attack in the name of ISIS. I'll let you worry about other Americans.

Anecdotal, therefore irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That's good info right there.
Where did you pick that up?
My mother-in-law lives in Carlsbad CA and I'd like to read into this more.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is only the beginning. You think San Bernardino was bad? More are here and ready, bet on it. We're in for a rough ride, sorry to say.
edit on 4-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Ozsheeple
a reply to: IAMTAT

How many more people have to die before isis is finally destroyed.

BETTER QUESTION: How long until Obama leaves office?

Oh come on, I don't like OBAMA and he is a consistent supply of B$ but him leaving or being in office is not the only reason for ISIS.

The Bush administration just like prior administrations along with other super powers like Russia , have done nothing in the ME but to encourage hate towards America , first world nations, and the world.

We made it easy to become their scapegoat. The worlds Military Industrial Complex has used the ME as a Tony Sparks playground to sell and use weapons on all sides of the ME.

Neither the GOP or the DNC has or will fix terrorism nor the ME crisis , there s to much money to be made by chaos.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I guess the fact that this couple was living the "American dream" blows away the theory about Jihadis being poor and out of work as a major motivation.

They had a great life, good jobs, a baby....and STILL attacked.

Belief, ideas, are stronger than the material. When you're a psychopath on a mission...what is a job?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I guess the fact that this couple was living the "American dream" blows away the theory about Jihadis being poor and out of work as a major motivation.

They had a great life, good jobs, a baby....and STILL attacked.

Belief, ideas, are stronger than the material. When you're a psychopath on a mission...what is a job?

Maybe man made climate change drove them to it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I would have thought their countries being used up as a weapons testing ground for the world super powers and their proxy wars would have been more motivation than being out of work and poor?

Having said that I hope these scumbags get there Virgins in the Form of HIllary Clinton ,Nancy Pelosi , Barbara Bush and Caitlyn Jenner style.

edit on 521231America/ChicagoFri, 04 Dec 2015 12:52:13 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

According to sources, there was a work related party that had just transitioned to the Christmas party when farook left pissed off.

WHAT sources?

I believe it was the police while they were giving details during their press conference last night.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
So, is anyone fed up with this sh*t yet? Do we just wait for the next part of the world to suffer from these deranged psychopaths? How do you win a fight against an enemy you can't see?

You take a wizz all over islamophobic and racist claims from politically correct lefties and you start profiling and watching every move the muslims make.

That's the same mindset that put Japanese Americans in camps.

I'm afraid too many people are advocating for tyranny.

Are you telling me that profiling is tyranny? Tsst...ok den. Methinks you overanalyzed my post too much.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I would have thought their countries being used up as a weapons testing ground for the world super powers and their proxy wars would have been more motivation than being out of work and poor?

Having said that I hope these scumbags get there Virgins in the Form of HIllary Clinton ,Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Bush style.

1) American citizen
2 ) Pakistani

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

No I don't listen to American media, why would I subject myself to that. So he made over 20 pipe bombs, left the majority at home to come back to later? He made that many bombs to attack his old employers? ISIS felt that was the most appropriate target, or, more than likely, he had a # day and decided to attack these people regardless of orders...

To say this is an ISIS attack devalues the whole structure of ISIS. Who in there right mind would say this is what ISIS have been planning for months?
Less MSM a lil more brain plz people.

Then why do you subject your opinion on American issues if you don't watch our news?

This isn't what ISIS' big plan was. I don't recall anyone making that claim.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Obama spends too much time being gay on political correctness and climate change issues than focusing on hard facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join