It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: California massacre shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: snypwsd

In canada we have strict laws when it comes to guns and it works. We do not have mass shootings EVERYDAY because of that fact. We have millions of guns but only a handful of people die every year because of them. Unlike the states where you have at least 80 people a day being murdured by guns.

No. You do not have mass shootings every day because you don't have the gang problems the USA has.
Canada has a black population of 2.5% and a hispanic population of 1.2%.
The USA black population is 13.2% and the hispanic population is 17%.
Most of our mass murders are commited by gangbangers of primarily these two races.

harvestdog...I point this out every chance I get when people insist on comparing the US with Canada (30 million) or Britain (60 million). America has a huge gang problem, inner city problem, and illegal immigrant problem.

Mass killings stats are thrown out there like America has people shooting each other in the streets all day every day. Yes, they do, but it is gang on gang and thug on thug mostly and drug-related. Let 'em kill each other off, imo. We would be much better off without these dregs of humanity.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Have they shown a picture of that twit yet?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Kukri
I get the impression they had something bigger planned but for whatever reason Farook lost it at the party and went off half-cocked not getting a chance to complete the original operation(s). At least this would explain the failed detonation of the pipe bombs at the event and the ones found in the apartment (untested for reliability).

I have had interest in this theory for a couple days now. The SUV was rented 3 days previously, though... That tells me that he had planned THIS attack. Perhaps these terrorists were part of a cell and so they had all the eqpt, but he got mad at someone at work last week and decided to go rogue and teach them a lesson.

I like the cell idea. Very well could be that your premise is the correct one but as much as I hate to say it it seems somewhat ineffectual. If so thank heavens that this is the level they can hope to reach and not some truly horrific act that I've been dreading to hear. Guess my imagination is far worse than the reality (too many action movies I guess). Hopefully if so the 3 letter boys can actually do due diligence and round them all up before there's another incident.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Metallicus

Why does Obama look foolish?

It says this in the OP:

The investigation has been focused on the motivation for the attack with officials including President Barack Obama and San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan saying it may have been motivated by extremist ideology.

Seems Obama was open to the idea it was radical extremists of some sort. So I fail to see your point.

Because he's been repeating the same old worn out line that ISIS poses no threat to Americans. His involvement in this case has nothing to do with the point of the story. He'd just said ISIS was no threat to us the morning this attack happened. That's why he looks foolish.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: introvert

Why does Obama look foolish?

It says this in the OP:

The investigation has been focused on the motivation for the attack with officials including President Barack Obama and San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan saying it may have been motivated by extremist ideology.

Seems Obama was open to the idea it was radical extremists of some sort. So I fail to see your point.

Because he's been repeating the same old worn out line that ISIS poses no threat to Americans. His involvement in this case has nothing to do with the point of the story. He'd just said ISIS was no threat to us the morning this attack happened. That's why he looks foolish.

ISIS ( statistically an overwhelming fact) provides far, far less of a threat to americans than the americans already here.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Anyone watching the absurd circus on msnbc?

They took down the boards on the doors of the 'terrorist' apartment and are going through stuff like old chip bags and kids toys.

Now pictures.

SMH
How is this BS legal?

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think we might be taking the word "terrorist" a lil far. Like who the Fook cares what we call them

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I believe there is a big difference in Islamic terrorism and these few crazy pharmaceutical-crazed loners. If you can't see the differences, then I am convinced some people are hopelessly stuck with their heads in the sand.

Of course there are differences in all of them. Different ages, different states, different motivations, different religions... But the victims are still dead. The country is still terrorized.

Robert Dear was backed by the Christian extremists and CMP.
Dylann Roof was backed by racists.
They're probably all mentally disturbed to an extent.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Your kidding me right? That is a pretty racist comment. We are a nation of immagrants too, we are just smarter when it comes to gun control than the states.

We have big problems with gangs here. They just cant get their hands on guns. So........ Less people get killed by guns.

How is that hard to understand?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Why does obama look foolish? Introvert clearly posted a segment of the article where obama doesnt rule out the possibility of extremism.. The only one looking foolish is you my friend.

Nothing to do what obama said after the attack. It's what he said before the attack. JUST before the attack, and what's been repeated by him over and over since we first heard about ISIS.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Like who the Fook cares what we call them

I don't. But apparently a LOT of people care what Obama calls them.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is interesting too.

"At this point we believe they were more self-radicalised and inspired by the group than actually told to do the shooting," the newspaper quoted an official as saying. [Source]

How do you nip that?

And how do you differentiate it from someone who is inspired by whatever other kind of hate, jingoist, what have you rhetoric that is out there?
edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
So this guy made multiple pipe bombs and explosives, endorsed by ISIS, but chose not to use them when doing this ISIS motivated attack? Does that not sound strange to you. This seemed a very personal attack, regardless of what you wish to believe. The person is allowed to have his own issues outside of radicalism.

You believe this to be ISIS related? If so why waste thousands on a unfulfilled objective? Unless you feel they wanted the bombs for display purposes only to strike fear in america once discovered? Clutching at straws to me.....

The detonation devices for his pipe bombs malfunctioned. Haven't you guys been watching or paying attention? Try it, instead of being ISIS apologists.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yeah, these gangs take over entire blocks of neighborhoods.
Put in place a do not cooperate with police or you and your family die policy.
Then they run roughshod invading homes, slanging drugs, and turning prostitutes out onto the streets with no fear of retaliation in their turf from the victimized citizens.
The sad part is they are literally terrorizing innocent people that just happened to be born there or moved in when the place was actually and well running community.
Dare I call these gang bangers domestic terrorists.? Fact is the vast majority of mass shootings in the USA are done by gangbangers. Not mentally ill people.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Of course there are differences in all of them. Different ages, different states, different motivations, different religions... But the victims are still dead. The country is still terrorized.

Robert Dear was backed by the Christian extremists and CMP.
Dylann Roof was backed by racists.
They're probably all mentally disturbed to an extent.

No s*** they're mentally disturbed. They butcher people. I believe the poster was referring to peoples head in the media sand. Terrifying, terror, terrorism. If its a crime in the states its domestic terrorism and abroad, international terrorism.

The difference being how long it takes to point the finger back to Assad.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd
a reply to: harvestdog

Your kidding me right? That is a pretty racist comment. We are a nation of immagrants too, we are just smarter when it comes to gun control than the states.

We have big problems with gangs here. They just cant get their hands on guns. So........ Less people get killed by guns.

How is that hard to understand?

LOL...maybe we could manage this hugely diverse population if we only had 30 million people, or even 65 million. If you count all the illegals, this country is probably close to 400,000,000 people. If we eliminated Washington DC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Detroit, and throw in Chicago for good measure......problem solved. Not even a need to take away nor infringe on one iota of our 2A.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

originally posted by: IAMTAT

BETTER QUESTION: How long until Obama leaves office?

and you think the next president will be any better.

Can't be any worse.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Duuuude...wait.

TASHFEEN Malik, the female shooter in the San Bernardino massacre, pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook during the mass shooting that killed 14, US media reports.

During???

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.news.com.au... eca43301ed2a62

You shoulda led with that....

And the Australian paper also says:

Lawyers for the family of Farook said colleagues had made disparaging remarks about his beard, but that he had “brushed off” the criticism.
The lawyers’ claims came after it emerged that Farook had had heated arguments about his faith with one of his fellow restaurant inspector, Nicholas Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew, who died in the mass shooting.

Thalasinos’ Facebook page is littered with anti-Muslim rants. His friend, Kuuleme Stephens, told The Associated Press that she called him while he was working with Farook, and that he brought her into their debate, loudly declaring that Farook “doesn’t agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion.” She said she heard Farook reply that Americans don’t understand Islam, and Thalasinos say, “I don’t know how to talk with him.”

I know that's been discussed some in the other thread...but interesting stuff.
edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: intrptr

I said, "Regular people".

I sure as hell have no need to make pipe bomb.

I'm sure many others have no need to make a pipe bomb either.

Big difference between those that make boom for fun and those making boom to kill others.

One is a private citizen and the other, a military industrial complex.

"Regular people", lulz.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No surprise that it was a terrorist attack.

I'm getting tired of the media and government determining and naming things just to lessen the impact.

If they called the killers "My Pretty Ponies" it wouldn't the 14 any less dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join