It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Lawmaker Proposes Making Guns As Difficult To Get As Abortions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

But what is your interpretation of the 9th? You said it was different from mine.
edit on 12/4/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Let me let Mr Carlin straighten you out.

edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

It's only that simple if you dumb it down to politics.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

well duh there was no isis when he was alive,it's still funny. and using Carlin which when you try to use a comedian who was high and or drunk when on stage as political commentary is about as smart as putting a loaded gun to your head.

substance abuse does not make for rational thought, plus he was playing for the crowds. ever heard of giveing them what they want.

he was a drug addict most of his life and used coc aine for much of it, i'm sorry for those that put stock in someone like that. would you praise the average joe or suzie blow on the street for their insight knowing that they were snorting coke before they spoke. nah i didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

But you still haven't said why abortion isn't a right. Have you realized that you were mistaken?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: misskat1

i like that, that's the first time i ever saw anyone use Carlin in a conservative way. i dig it.

well duh there was no isis when he was alive,it's still funny. and using Carlin which when you try to use a comedian who was high and or drunk when on stage as political commentary is about as smart as putting a loaded gun to your head.

substance abuse does not make for rational thought, plus he was playing for the crowds. ever heard of giveing them what they want.

he was a drug addict most of his life and used coc aine for much of it, i'm sorry for those that put stock in someone like that. would you praise the average joe or suzie blow on the street for their insight knowing that they were snorting coke before they spoke. nah i didn't think so.

Dig it when you think he agrees with you?

Hate on him when it turns out he doesn't?

Nice.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

never said that, go back and look at my posts on carlin before that meme was even posted i've said the same things.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So, just a few minutes ago, you said this:

i like that, that's the first time i ever saw anyone use Carlin in a conservative way. i dig it.

And now you're saying that he was high or drunk, irrational, a drug addict most of his life, and you question the validity of of his insight. LOL! ok.

I don't think I've ever seen someone so obviously spin their position around so quickly. I dig it! LOL!
edit on 12/4/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This doesn't prove that it is a right...just that it has the potential to be as a means to bring about lawsuits and see what the court's opinion is on the matter.

Just because SCOTUS thought in 1976 that it should be considered a right doesn't mean that information and knowledge hasn't progressed beyond that year that shows the opinion to be based on ignorance.

I'm sure you're going to take this any way that you want to, but I feel like this is getting off topic, so I'm going to stop discussing it. Start yet another abortion thread, and maybe I'll pick it up from there.

You and I just differ on this topic--all human beings have a right to life, but it's what is done with that life that determines whether or not you have the freedom to keep living it. Regardless of what Roe v. Wade says, I refuse to condemn an individual to death just because its mother doesn't want it. That's about as uncivilized as I think an "enlightened" society can be.

I tend to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. Just because a developing fetus may not have the knowledge that it is (a) alive or (b) dying doesn't mean that the act of killing isn't the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

here is just one from last year

and for those that use carlin, as enlightened political and social commentator, he was a known alcoholic and prescription drug addict that was high or dunk most of the time on and off the stage. a brunt out old hippie that never came out of the sixties. how could anyone take him seriously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

here is just one from last year

and for those that use carlin, as enlightened political and social commentator, he was a known alcoholic and prescription drug addict that was high or dunk most of the time on and off the stage. a brunt out old hippie that never came out of the sixties. how could anyone take him seriously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet that applied only when you realized...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

again you didn't even look at what was said, did i say using carlin quotes or using carlin in a conseritive way.
stop putting words in my my mouth and take the advise that i gave the op.

look at my past posts.

edit on 4-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

wrong, i found it amusing that someone would use carlin that way, again your trying to win at a argument that where you know your wrong.

edit on 4-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to cite science that wasn't available at the time of the Roe v. Wade decision that contributes into making my "opinion" equate to something that might go against the court's "opinion" on the matter at the time that they were ignorant to my reasons.

And just to be realistic, court precedent gets ruled against all the time. Just because the SCOTUS configuration in 1976 voted one was doesn't mean that the SCOTUS of today would rule the same. A SCOTUS ruling does not a law make...it's only an opinion.

But my biggest concern with your initial response to me is this:

Of course you disagree with a true freedom agenda.

You and I differ on what freedom really means, apparently.

But like I said in my other post to you right before this one--I feel that this is getting off topic, so I'm done discussing my opinion and views on the "right" to kill a human being just because its in the womb of a lady...err, woman.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

No, just like I'm not mistaken that the penalty for not having coverage under the ACA is not a tax, even if the SCOTUS tried to rationalize that away with a court ruling.

I don't blindly trust the SCOTUS opinions, and in my research into modern biological science, I realize that it renders the spirit of the opinion of the 1976 SCOTUS both inappropriate and illogical.

But you're not interested in my opinions, so disregard, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Abortion isn't a constitutional right that "shall not be infringed," so comparing this to the hoops through which one may need to jump in order to get an abortion is pointless and inappropriate.

Not only, but most people don't throw the gun away after they buy it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
You and I differ on what freedom really means, apparently.

Just answer one question.

Who should decide whether or not men should be allowed to have a vasectomy? Because those sperm are ALIVE and they are the beginning of human life. If not allowed to develop, that's millions of babies that will never be born.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's not the SCOTUS opinion I trust. It's the knowledge that my body belongs to me and what I do with it should not be put up for a vote.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's not the SCOTUS opinion I trust. It's the knowledge that my body belongs to me and what I do with it should not be put up for a vote.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

wrong, i found it amusing that someone would use carlin that way, again your trying to win at a argument that where you know your wrong.

And we were supposed to know that by what you typed. I see.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join