It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Wants Gun Owners To 'Take Down' Mass Shooters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yup.

Now a bunch of macho Rambo wannabes with insecurity issues will be running around Arizona thinking they are a super hero.
They will either take someone else by mistake thinking there a shooter when there not , miss and hit a bystander or get themselves killed.

Dont get me wrong I have no issure with those with concealed carry permits that have some training and not out to try and play hero and just happen to be there when a shooting starts.

But come on 50% of the public are below IQ 100 and the thought of them running around with guns is scary.

No doubt the knee jerk derp derp crowd will flame me, so FLAME ON BITCHS!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I find the most appropriate time to use a gun is if I were to go hunting or go to a gun range. Americans rarely ever use a gun they've purchased (or acquired) to defend themselves. Well non-criminal Americans that is.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Gun culture is not the cause.
Mental health is the cause.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am SO conflicted on this issue...for me, my decision is evolving...
As a lifelomg Texan I have always had tended towards towards being for the rights of gun owners.....but the idea that Joe blow could take a 6 hour class and be allowed to carry a concealed handgun was/is terrifying...

Anyhow, cut to yesterday and I was at academy buying a .357mg which I plan on carrying after taking the concealed handgun 6 hour class next Saturday(followed by a shooting test Wednesday)...
I will only take it to the movies because if some idiot comes in shooting I want a fighting chance....

It is completely heartbreaking that living in what I thought to be the greatest manifestation of western ideals has now devolved into me needing a 357 magnum to go watch a movie to feel safe...

-Christosterone

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: beansidhe

Hang on though. If it's ok to own a gun and if you say you have one for protection, then wouldn't it be a good idea to use it on someone who's shooting other people? Otherwise, why would you have one?
Because that would surely be the best and most appropriate time to use one?
Aargh, Americans, I find you so confusing.

Thats OK . I am a natural born US citizen and I find this whole ordeal confusing. People do not want try to protect themselves and others ? You certainly dont want to bring a face slap to a gun fight...Or better yet. Talk him into submission.

I would love to protect myself with a gun if I was in the middle of a shooting, but I also don't want to have to worry about some untrained gun owner shooting wildly into a crowd just because he thinks he is Rambo or something.

Not everyone is well trained in gun usage, and many SUCK at reacting under pressure.

link   

I thought we were talking about responsible concealed weapons carriers that want to stop the violence. You cant bring a shovel to a gun fight. lol

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'd say it's a little from column A and a little from column B.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'm not telling you that its a perfect solution. As I said, its a double-edged sword and mistakes can potentially happen. Still, I'd rather people have a chance to defend themselves in these situations as opposed to what we're seeing now, which is quite obviously not working.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Or it has multiple causes and reasons.

Nothing wrong in owning a gun. It when one idolizes them and views violence as a first line solution to any problem that gets people into warped mental thinking. Couple that with mental health issues and a number of other factors and you get problems.

I have two guns myself (yes you can own them legally in the UK). To me they are just tools. But what get me is how some people seem to worship them or even seem to dream of useing them on another human being. Thats the side of gun that cultire needs looking at. Not gun owner ship itself but the mental attitudes of those behind the gun.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yup.

Now a bunch of macho Rambo wannabes with insecurity issues will be running around Arizona thinking they are a super hero.
They will either take someone else by mistake thinking there a shooter when there not , miss and hit a bystander or get themselves killed.

Dont get me wrong I have no issure with those with concealed carry permits that have some training and not out to try and play hero and just happen to be there when a shooting starts.

But come on 50% of the public are below IQ 100 and the thought of them running around with guns is scary.

No one is going to flame you. You only see the "bad stuff" on TV. But I can say , for the most of us , you are very very wrong about us.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

My bad, sorry. It is obvious that the Sheriffs words are being taken out of context, but it probably should have never been said.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yup.

No one is going to flame you. You only see the "bad stuff" on TV. But I can say , for the most of us , you are very very wrong about us.

Actually I am sure your right.

The majority likley are responsible and I see no issue with them carrying.

Its the small number of tards that scare me, it only takes one idiot

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If the person intent on hurting the innocent thought they might in fact be the one shot at they might think twice about shooting. if they care about their own life, that is. And if they don't then they are clearly in lack of emotion and/or driven by an irrational cause. Thats scary.

Honestly, if I was in a situation where someone was hell bent on killing innocent people and I or someone else had the ability to stop them and it was obvious that the only way to do that was to shoot back... You can bet your ass thats what I'd do.

Let me ask you this.... have you ever been in a mass shooting situation? if you or your child was in that situation and an innocent person pulled out a pistol to defend your live would you tell him/ her to "put that gun away!" " my child and I will take our chances with this crazy person who has no regard for human life, thank you"

answer me that.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I thought we were talking about responsible concealed weapons carriers that want to stop the violence. You cant bring a shovel to a gun fight. lol

No, I'm talking about concealed weapons carriers in general. I'm saying that not all of them are responsible. Don't add that adjective, because we both know that the gun owner shooting back may NOT be a responsible ccw owner at all. And THAT is the problem. The reason we are supposed to trust the police to do these jobs is because they are TRAINED to handle these things. We know they have to go through training because it is a requirement.

Meanwhile, Bubba down the street with his armory in his basement may just shoot at cans all day in his backyard then takes his gun to the mall so he can "protect" others from mass shooters. He's NEVER been in a combat situation before, has NEVER had to fire at a target firing back, and may not even know muzzle discipline.

Like I said in the OP, while in Iraq our ROE prevented us from shooting into crowds of people. Yet nothing there for these situations. Reality doesn't always work out like Hollywood. Not every gun owner is the next John McClane.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Hang on though. If it's ok to own a gun and if you say you have one for protection, then wouldn't it be a good idea to use it on someone who's shooting other people? Otherwise, why would you have one?
Because that would surely be the best and most appropriate time to use one?
Aargh, Americans, I find you so confusing.

Thats OK . I am a natural born US citizen and I find this whole ordeal confusing. People do not want try to protect themselves and others ? You certainly dont want to bring a face slap to a gun fight...Or better yet. Talk him into submission.

Dunno. Once I start on the Picts, I can pretty much bore anyone into submission.

But thanks for getting what I mean. If you're walking about with a gun and if that's ok in the state you live in, then if you saw someone open fire onto innocent people wouldn't it be reasonable to blast his kneecaps out?

Don't get me wrong, I hate guns and I don't think anyone should be walking around with one in a town or city. But if the laws are that they are allowed then...? Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

As it stands... we have become a nation of folks who don't. Stand up that is.

Because we are conditioned to call for (police) help instead.

And spy on each other, phone in anything 'suspicious'.

"Man with a gun, man with a gun!" is our new mantra. People are obese and shop all day because advertising tells them to in between the daily "Goebbels" that tells us to just let the authorities handle it.

Every time one of these incidents happens they reinforce the sheep mentality. Hide and wait for the police to lead you out of the danger zone with hands up.

Every crime show is a repeat of the basic message, hands up and drop your gun, or else.

Think of it though. In an "active shooter, lock down, everyone stay indoors" scenario, you'd be the only other person with a gun for them to shoot at, too.

There ee is, open fire!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

So what happens when a poorly trained gun owner fires back and ends up killing and wounding a BUNCH of people?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Just because a person is responsible doesn't mean they are properly trained to deal with that type of situation. If the good Samaritan starts popping off shots at the bad guy and kills other people then what? If this were to be allowed then the wanna be Rambo's should at least be charged with a crime if they hurt innocent bystanders.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
Funny that you never hear of a successful mass shooting at a gun range, gun store or anywhere the majority of citizens present are carrying.

They don't attack a police station or military base either. Because they want to kill as many people as quickly as possible.

Anywhere public will do, these days.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We all need to be responsible to take matters into our hands if the need arises.

My ex-military nephew has guns and was put on depression meds a few months ago, so I went over and took all his weapons home with me, his sister locked him in the bathroom lol. I safely locked them in my safe, and he wont be getting them back until he proves he is off the meds.

He didnt call the police, what is he going to say, my ancient Aunt grandma (he has no parents, so Im the only mom) took them away from me? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join