It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freudian slip? News Anchor Says the "ACTORS" have been caught instead of suspects.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

its only a hand full of wingnuts who bleat " crisis actors "

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: EA006

the narrator of the vid - this SHOULD have been obvious

I didn't watch it.

My bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

I wonder if he is following station policy based on legal advice. Do they have to use neutral terms until the perpetrator has been found guilty by the courts?

Yes. To avoid libel, or the possibility that the defense will accuse them of prejudicing a case, responsible media will use terms like "alleged," "suspect," "person of interest," and so forth.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

its only a hand full of wingnuts who bleat " crisis actors "

Crisis actors do actually exist. They play an important role in exercises for the police or the army.

I don't agree in most cases that crisis actors are used as they are very probably real occurrences, but sometimes people are right to at least question the official narrative. For me Sandy Hook is the most outstanding evidence for CA. One scene did it for me and that was when the same people came out of one door, chatting casually and entered another door round the corner, just to reemerge in different clothes.
I am not a 'wing nut'. I am a scientist and before I say anything I need all the info I can get.

In this case I agree that he did NOT mean crisis actors. But throwing around insults like 'wingnut' or 'tinfoil hat' always irks me, especially when you don't seem to know much about the issue.
It is cheap and doesn't add anything.

Oh and we are on a 'Conspiracy' website. If it's full of loonies, why bother being here if you can't add anything constructive?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The people committing the act are actors

I don't understand what the issue is

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
About actors-- Afterwards, people also say, It was like a hollywood movie.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That is a peculiar choice of words.

Of course it just means some one who is carrying out an act, but stage actors aside, it is mostly used in conjunction a political aspect - "the international actors on the political scene", "the political actors in the U.S.", "the foreign actors in Iraq", "the role of Non-state actors in international relations", "the global actors in modern terrorism" (especially if you accept that there is something inherently political about terrorism) and so on.

This is the first time I have heard it used in a scenario like this, and it is the ONLY usable pronoun I can think of, that has no real negative connotations.

Perpetrators - negatively laden
Gunmen - negative laden
Suspects - negatively laden
Shooters - negatively laden
Actors - slightly positively laden

As I said, peculiar choice of words..

It could be a Freudian slip even though the anchor is not using the word in the meaning of "stage actors" . It could signal either sympathy or the believe that they are promoting a course.

IF it really is a Freudian slip, though, it is more likely to just reflect the anchors views than anything else. Why would he be privy to secret information?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Full Definition of ACTOR
1 one that acts : doer

2 a : one who represents a character in a dramatic production
b : a theatrical performer
c : one who behaves as if acting a part

3 : one that takes part in any affair

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
The people committing the act are actors

I don't understand what the issue is

Perpetrators, Criminals, Assassins, Culprits, Killers..... Nah we'll roll with actors.......

There are other more effective words to describe the shooters.

(post by Foderalover removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
I know there is always a lot of talk about "Crisis Actors" during these situations, so maybe this news anchor had it in the back of his mind too. Who knows. But I think that would be very unprofessional to say the least. But hey, we never know I guess. The following video is from the San Bernadino mass shooting.

In fact, the news anchor says "Actors" more than once.

You be the judge.

In some jurisdictions, "actor" is used to mean a person alleged to have taken some part or action in the offence. The exact definition and usage might vary from place to place.

A quick google pulls up the following example from a piece of Cali law (not sure if new, old, superseded, etc, just introducing it to show that the term is used in legislation):

(c) Every person, not the actual killer, who, with the intent to
kill, aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces, solicits, requests,
or assists any actor in the commission of murder in the first degree
shall be punished by death or imprisonment...

www.leginfo.ca.gov... n&group=00001-01000&file=187-199

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

'Actors' is just an synonym for perpetrators.

This. In criminal investigations, each person taking part in a conspiratorial crime is called an 'actor.'

It's more like irony than a slip up.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What a boring, two dimensional world where everyone has to speak the same.

In my life, due to my work, I often refer to people doing things as "actors". It is another word for people involved in a "thing".

The endless-over analysis of news and current events, just shows that some people spend far too much time staring at TV's and YouTube and this is turning their brains to crap, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was watching live and I had taken notice of the term "actors" but there wasn't much else to go on. What I found to be the most absurd aspect of the reporting aside from the constant unsubstantiated "theories" they threw around was the term "Long Guns" . I found this to be some really strange terminology. On multiple channels they were using this term as a quote but kept repeating it. I just found it strange because most people would just say rifle or assault rifle. It almost seemed like a European description I have heard before for rifles. It just did not sit right with me during the reporting . It was like a talking point being reiterated over and over trying to drive in some deeper meaning or concept.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Watching it on TV, it looked very much like "actors" to me.

The media were story tellers, NOT journalists. This looks like a staged event to me, advancing several agenda.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
I was watching live and I had taken notice of the term "actors" but there wasn't much else to go on. What I found to be the most absurd aspect of the reporting aside from the constant unsubstantiated "theories" they threw around was the term "Long Guns" . I found this to be some really strange terminology. On multiple channels they were using this term as a quote but kept repeating it. I just found it strange because most people would just say rifle or assault rifle. It almost seemed like a European description I have heard before for rifles. It just did not sit right with me during the reporting . It was like a talking point being reiterated over and over trying to drive in some deeper meaning or concept.

Bingo! Your "ears" are "hearing" the same things many of us are hearing. Now, we need to understand what it's all about.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: stargatetravels

Yep.
I hear them calling people attackers quite often on the Emmy awards.
Only natural to confuse the two words.

Btw: There have been 140 some mass shootings under Obama.
There were 14 under Dubya.
Something's not right here.

I do believe you have finally begun to catch on....now run with it...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

The term "long guns" is being used to distinguish assault weapons from handguns without using terms that might incline people to favor banning military grade weapons, ie; assault rifles. "Long guns" sounds quaint. Muzzle loading muskets are "long guns." See? They're practically harmless!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't think that anything a news person says has any deeper meaning.

The news people that we have today are just there for the ratings.

I often think that they are not the best and brightest but rather just good looking people to read the news

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join