It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Won't someone think of the Polar Bears!! Distortion of facts by Global Warming industry!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Really!?

Excuse my statement then Maine, it sounds as if you need to enlighten me as to your 35 years of research that has shown that it is not possible, the reason I am so skeptical is that there are a variety of research papers proving the opposite.

Example

Hemp as an agricultural commodity for congress

Cultivated plants become a tall stalky crop that usually reaches between 6 and 15 feet, and generally consist of a single main stalk with few leaves and branches. Hemp plants grown for fiber or oilseed are planted densely (about 35-50 plants per square foot) 10 to discourage branching and flowering. The period of seeding to harvest ranges from 70 to 140 days, depending on the purpose, cultivar or variety, and climatic conditions. The stalk and seed is the harvested product. The stalk of the plant provides two types of fibers: the outer portion of the stem contains the bast fibers, and the interior or core fiber (or hurds).

Industrial hemp production statistics for Canada indicate that one acre of hemp yields an average of about 700 pounds of grain, which can be pressed into about 50 gallons of oil and 530 pounds of meal. 11 That same acre will also produce an average of 5,300 pounds of straw, which can be transformed into about 1,300 pounds of fibe

BTW did you have anything to say about the video about the endangered polar bears

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Growing our way out of climate change by building with hemp and wood fibre

Hemp can help curb global warming. It's interesting, op, that you are touting the benefits of hemp but are an AGW denier...

How can buildings help with climate change? It’s all about renewables and “sequestered carbon”.

The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills’ 2010 report on Low Carbon Construction concluded that construction was responsible for around 300m tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions, which is almost 47% of the UK’s total. Of this, around 50m tonnes is embedded in the fabric of buildings.

Making one tonne of steel emits 1.46 tonnes of CO2 and 198kg of CO2 is emitted make one tonne of reinforced concrete. One square metre of timber framed, hemp-lime wall (weighing 120kg), after allowing for the energy cost of transporting and assembling the materials actually stores 35.5kg of CO2.

If we can convert plants into building materials, we are in a win-win situation. Plants use the energy of the sun to convert atmospheric CO2 and water into hydrocarbons – the material from which plants are made.

The plant acts as a carbon store, sequestering (absorbing) atmospheric CO2 for as long as the plant continues to exist. This CO2 is only re-released when the material is composted or burnt, and the great thing is that through replanting it you can re-absorb this CO2 annually, in the case of straw or hemp, or every decade or so in the case of timber, rather than the 300m years that it takes to recycle coal or oil.

Secondly, plant based materials can be used to make high performing building envelopes, protecting against external weather and making a building more comfortable, healthy and energy efficient to live in.

Not only can they be used as insulation materials, displacing oil-based alternatives such as polyurethane foam, but they also interact with the internal environment in a way that inorganic materials just can’t do.

This is because they are “vapour active”. Insulating materials such as hemp-lime, hemp fibre and wood fibre are capable of absorbing and releasing water vapour. This is doubly effective, because not only can they act as a buffer to humidity (taking moisture out of the air), but they also stabilise a building’s internal temperature much better through latent heat effects (energy consumed and released during evaporation and condensation within the pores of the material).

SCORE!
edit on 4-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yes it is a fine plant with tons of benefits, but others have the same or equal benefits and are more economical doable as it is now, plastic, cotton, wood or various oils to name a few, so a change would not do anything massive.

No i have nothing to say about the polar bears, they are fine for now i guess.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First thank you for sharing that!

I simply believe that the industries that have destroyed the environment, are the same industries attempting to capitalize upon that destruction. While conveniently blaming the peasants. I mean there are simply too many of us right.

It really should not be that surprising though, I have a strong distrust of globalists and the reality they spin. Take for example...Maurice Strong

He is touted as a champion of the environment, he was the founding executive of the UN Environment Programme which led to the IPCC, now the funny thing about this is when you examine who is Maurice Strong and where did he get his money from??

a tad bit hypercritical no?

Strong made his fortune in the oil and energy business running companies such as Petro Canada, Power Corporation, CalTex Africa, Hydro Canada, the Colorado Land and Cattle Company, Ajax Petroleum, Canadian Industrial Oil and Gas— to name just a few.His private interests always seemed to be in conflict with his public persona and his work on the world stage. Strong’s extensive range of contacts within the power brokers of the world was exceptional

And I am to believe he and his cohorts have benevolent intentions!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I like pretty pictures.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

obviously there are industries that are destroying our environment at an incredible rate, oh take for example the chemical companies saturating our soil with pesticides/herbicides. You know Dow, Dupont, Monsanto, Syngenta etc. Where is the campaign from all of these concerned global warming scientists, surely they should be able to see this as an issue?

Stop right there…. only discussions about the weather and contrails in the stratosphere are allowable on the web net.

Kind of telling, either we're stupid or conditioned…

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Or my personal favorite, the way they convince people, usually "educated" people about how they are simply the problem. There are too many peasants running around, that is the reason the earth is being destroyed!

The elite really do view the masses as zombies and with the level of people who can not see through to the agenda, they may not be far off. The church of science has been a wonderful tool for them to use!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: 727Sky

Scandinavia has become ice free, 25 years ago the seas were frozen every year with temp's below freezing most of the winter season, ice breakers were in constant movement to secure the ships routes, today the icebreakers are sold as there is no need for them anymore.

Today we are very lucky if we get a little cold to freeze the lakes for ice skating, snow is a past, maybe a little sleed, but tons of rain.

The warming is definitely visible here, it's just not moving as "fast as predicted".

What about this place?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I would like to visit, just for a cold drink

It's very far north in mountains and inland, so i guess the ice hotel will live for years still.

Though i have heard that one or two years they actually struggled to get the hotel done in time because of warm weather and lack of snow.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Great video. Definitely eye-opening on the case of the 'endangered' polar bears.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Great video. Definitely eye-opening on the case of the 'endangered' polar bears.

Thank you Rukia!

It is good to know someone watched the video, the clever manipulation of the masses via psychology/statistics appears to be quite common in the global warming community, I recommend James Corbetts work time and time again!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

No, thank you! Never heard of Corbetts till now. It was very well-done. I really enjoyed watching it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join