It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shootings are poor tools of terrorism but support the gun control agenda perfectly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: radarloveguy

Your freedom has lead to 'anything goes'

No, criminals and radicals have the "anything goes" attitude, the majority of us are law abiding citizens. This continued wish to punish everyone for the crimes of a few is a strange attitude from someone who lives "where the light shines strong".

Nobody is punishing anyone .
Your insistence on gun rights is a privilege
that comes with responsibility.
It's obvious that nobody outside the guvmint
can be trusted with lethal force.
Your circular logic is illogical.

There are tens of millions of gun owners who would quite vehemently disagree with you on pretty much all of that, except that part about the RIGHT to own firearms coming with responsibility.

edit on 4-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That is a joke. You cannot unite Muslims because they disagree about who is following the correct version of Islam. What you are saying is total BS. As for this nonsense about guns. Tools have a purpose and the SB shooters showed what that purpose is. The thing about CCW and shootings like this, IF you are not killed in the initial firing by the attackers you are their biggest threat. A unforseen complication that throws their plan into chaos.These attacks are planned out and hitting areas with no guns allowed is part of that calculation. No guns = easy execution. That one person with a gun forces them to respond on their feet and react as opposed to following a plan. It's not about being a "hero" it's about disrupting a planned attack and maybe giving others time to escape by diverting attention. Lets face it if people want guns out in CA they can get them IF they have the connections and $$$. The cartels operate out that way and they have the type of weapons used in the attack and then some. Like everything the US gov't makes illegal, making guns illegal will just create a larger underground market like with drugs. Then the only people who will have guns will be criminals and gov't agencies [oh and those rich enough to afford making themselves a loop hole for their own protection]. Just the fact that the first reaction by the politicians on the left was gun control to lump the attack in their agenda, but as soon as the names of the shooters is made public we can't assume terrorism? The narrative being pushed is craven. Maybe if this crap stopped being PC'ed to death it could be dealt with. If not all Muslims are terrorist then legitimate gun owners are mass shooters waiting to happen. Only one of those statements makes certain people feel good about themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thanks for that.

I thought maybe if what i thought was the case then could the population not be disarmed as they are not a militia.

I dont know the answer....but yesterday i thought the quotes of god not fixing the problem were very apt.

I think what is happening is showing your elected representatives to be nothing but fools.

I have previously stated and firmly believe.....if nothing happened after Sandy Hook...then nothing will ever happen.
edit on 4122015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Your country leads the world in decadence

If you're saying that Godlessness makes everything permissable?

I agree and further more, it in turn is ilogical and causes an entire
people to fail. Miserably

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

You're right, sort of. The population, as a collective and as individuals, can't be legally disarmed due to the 2nd Amendment. You're just a bit off on the reasons why 2A does that.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

looks like some Egyptians made my point for me, and not long after I posted this thread. Weird coincidence?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I have really tried to understand...but i just can't.

I hear people on here screaming about their right to have guns.

What about the right of people to live without fear. Kindergarten age kids right to go to school and be safe. Peoples right to go to a movie and not get shot. The right of workers to go to a christmas party and not be shot. And before anyone says but wait that was a terrorist act....have a look at the amount of guns and ammo he had amassed without coming under notice.

Yes we have shootings here. yes we have crime here. But nothing like the U.S has. How can you go to Walmart (kmart here) and buy some towels for the bathroom....some socks and jocks...oh yes and a new gun and ammo. You can buy a gun of "guntv" and have it mailed.

I cant debate this any more. I have been on ATS many years. I have participated in gun conversations after many mass shootings trying to understand the mindset but it is just beyond me anymore.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Amen to that,

And that is all I will say.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Rights are not privileges. Inalienable rights means secured by law, unable to be bought, unable to be disposed of, unforfeitable, untouchable. The right to keep and bear arms when it is violated sets up situations where people are gunned down like sheep to the slaughter.

Banning gun free zones would have more impact in the reduction of mass shootings, terrorism, and all other criminal behavior than any law restricting firearms ownership.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

A great point.

There are a multitude of means to generate "terror" in the US populace or generate "political" change.

Most are far more effective than shooting up someplace.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Creating terror is pretty easy given the fact that herds of any species are panicky. Loud noise for instance create chaos. This can be done with gun fire of course as in a mass shooting but it can also be done with a well crafted fireworks deployment. Pepper balls for instance can be added to the setup to add to the panic and confusion. It is not difficult to cause terror with low tech methods requiring no firearms at all. When low cost, low tech methods are not utilized in a terrorist attack and expensive guns are instead used I wonder immediately if this is a false flag event. Who does it serve and what is their real agenda?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Banning gun free zones would have more impact in the reduction of mass shootings, terrorism, and all other criminal behavior than any law restricting firearms ownership.

So you want to ban the rights of others so you can support another set of rights? The owners of private property have every right to ban weapons if they want them banned don't like it don't go there. You must be one of those pick and choose supporters of the Constitution. You support what what fits your feelings but the hell with the rest because it doesn't fit your agenda.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think you missed the point about inalienable rights. The right to own a business does not give someone the right to erode my inalienable rights. If you want to restrict my rights to self defense you should provide for my defense.

edit on 12pm2015-12-05T22:45:46-06:00104512America/Chicago451231 by machineintelligence because: proof read fail

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join