It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Attacked, Or Put In Place?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Why do we have to rehash this again?

And again?

Please make this crap stop.

edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
I kept noticing the guy on the right who kept looking away and smiling. What was up with him. Seemed amused by it all.

As for the woman speaking...a fully american response.

that guy was acting weird before the girls question.
The whole thing seemed a bit fake to me, but these days I can't really tell if anything on tv is real or not

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Most Americans are peaceful people as well but how many innocents have been droned, air striked, sanctioned to death in the name of our foreign interest? Hey all that she said was true but when you start calling everyone out like that remember we are not 100% innocent either, we have a ton of blood on our hands as well.
edit on 4-12-2015 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

if i could contact her - i would have a counter question for the student :

radical islamists are attempting to further thier ideology through weapons and violence - have you asked them the same question ?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Hahaha! That lady answered with facts and made some good points! I didn't know that 15-25% of Muslims are considered to be radical, that is quite a lot. Edit: apparently that fact has been called into question. After doing some research, I have discovered that polls have indeed found this to be true, but their definitions of radical are a bit in question.
edit on 04amFri, 04 Dec 2015 10:17:53 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Hahaha! That lady answered with facts and made some good points! I didn't know that 15-25% of Muslims are considered to be radical, that is quite a lot. Edit: apparently that fact has been called into question.

This was one of the statistics that jumped out at me as well. She said that is as many people as the population of the U.S. Think about that!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Muslim Woman Attacked, Or Put In Place?

I don't think it was either one. The woman on the panel didn't even answer the question, which was about the practicality and efficacy of fighting an ideology with weapons. She dodged the actual question asked and answered the question she wanted to answer... just like any dirty rotten politician.

I get the feeling that the issue was Benghazi, but I don't know in what context, so maybe the lady's question was not appropriate for this particular discussion, but her question is definitely valid in the context of the national discussion. There is an ideology motivating radical Islam that must be addressed and dealt with, and it seems to me that the best way to do so is to promote and encourage and respect the peaceful Muslim ideology.

My dad used to say that weapons may win the war, but only friendship can win the peace. Right now, we're doing a piss poor job at both, and the woman on the panel's tirade proves the validity of the lady in the audience's question.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Hahaha! That lady answered with facts and made some good points! I didn't know that 15-25% of Muslims are considered to be radical, that is quite a lot. Edit: apparently that fact has been called into question. After doing some research, I have discovered that polls have indeed found this to be true, but their definitions of radical are a bit in question.

lol, that 15-25 percent is made up. ISIS is estimated to have 30k people.

It is well under 1 percent radicals, not just including ISIS.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It's a shame this woman isn't running for president. I like the way she thinks.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I've seen this video before and she does rip her a good one. However, playing devil's advocate, I don't believe she actually answered her question. Her questions was, "How do we fight an ideology". Instead, she got a different response. A good one, but not the correct one.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
burqua lady got served and rightly so

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Star and Flag, Good post.

Keep it civil as can be expected.

We were attacked and continuously so. Its human nature to beware the associates of enemies

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I've never heard of Brigitte Gabriel before, but damn, I like her.

I cannot blame her at all for being a bit fed up with the tired refrain of "oh but not all Muslims are extremists". Everybody knows.

I mean, you'd have to be a special breed of idiot to actually think that all Muslims are terrorists. I don't think anyone believes that. At least not in my country, neither my home country or my current country of residence. Maybe there a couple of lunatics here and there who are that deluded, but anyone with half a brain will know to write them off as fringe fanatics who don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Gabriel says it best - the peaceful majority are irrelevant.

One thing I particularly loathe is Muslim people who live in Western countries, and complain about being discriminated against, and expect the Westerners (whose country it is) to bend over backwards to accommodate them, rather than lifting a finger for themselves. In an unfortunately high number of Western cities with large Muslim populations, what happens is the Muslim immigrants stick together and take over entire suburbs. They raise their children amongst fellow Muslims, and do not encourage them to integrate. So when a Westerner misunderstands Muslims or feels animosity towards them, can you really blame them? I'm not saying discrimination is a good thing, of course it isn't, but Muslims living in Western countries need to make more of an effort to build positive relationships with Western people, instead of sequestering themselves away. If they truly want to become more accepted in Western countries, they need to put in a bit of effort too. Complaining gets nobody anywhere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join