It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino Atrocity, an Attempt by Radical Islamists to Push for Gun Control?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Lol. What about the other non-muslim christian caucasian gun toating savages who shoot up churches,schools and abortion clinics ? What's their agenda ?

Maybe you should research their agendas.

You might want to begin with their drug prescriptions.

Well,the "baby parts" christian far right fanatic that shot people last week did not use any prescripted drugs,did he ? Dylan Roof dint use any aswell.
edit on 4-12-2015 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
actual economic cost of guns. The answer: $229 billion.

CO.EXIST The Staggering Costs Of Gun Violence In The U.S. Every Year If you're the kind of person who needs an economic argument: each murder costs society almost half a million dollars. When nine people were murdered in Charleston on June 17, they were among 5,793 Americans to die by gun so far this year. In an average year, the death toll from guns, including suicides, is a staggering 33,000 lives. In a recent investigation, Mother Jones looked at how much gun violence costs the country—not the deeper emotional costs, or the societal scars from the kind of racial terrorism that happened in Charleston—but the actual economic cost of guns. The answer: $229 billion. A single murder has average direct costs of almost $450,000, from the police and ambulance at the scene, to the hospital, courts, and prison for the murderer. In an average day, the country pays for 32 gun homicides. Indirect costs are much higher—in total, the Mother Jones investigation calculated that the country pays about $169 billion for lost quality of life for gun victims, and $49 billion for lost wages. And the real total is likely even more. Medical costs, for example, are hard to fully account for, and are often astonishingly high, as one example in the story from an ER nurse demonstrates: One of her patients was shot as a teenager: "He was paralyzed from the neck down and could not feed himself, toilet himself, dress himself, or turn over in bed. He will live the rest of his life in a nursing home, all paid for by the taxpayers, as he is a Medicaid patient." She estimates that over the last two decades the price tag for this patient's skilled nursing care alone has been upwards of $1.7 million Mental health care after gun violence costs an estimated $410 million a year but would be higher if everyone who wanted or needed it could afford it. Then there are the costs of beefed-up security, as in Columbine, where the federal government spent at least $811 million to help schools pay for security guards. Ninety percent of American schools also spent money on security after Columbine; by 2017, schools may spend $5 billion a year on security.

m.fastcompany.com...
edit on 4-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Close your eyes and imagine what a completely disarmed America would look like accounting for the ever-steady morphing of Law enforcement into the full-on militarization monster that has surely been planned.

I'm closing my eyes and you know what I see? A giant stinking cow turd.

Look at all the mass shootings and tell me how the current gun laws are making citizens safer. In all these mass shootings how often did a good guy with a gun take down the bad guy with a gun?

Look at how your government is slowly eroding your rights away. Look at how your political system has been hijacked by the top 0.1%. When exactly is the time when US citizens rise up with their guns and take back their country?

Never.

Why would the US government come for everyone's guns when they already have full control? They know the US population will never rise up as long as they have their latest Iphone. They know the US population will never rise up as they are too busy bickering with each other for the scraps left by the 0.1%.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but America has been divided. America has been conquered.

Enjoy your guns. They are in no danger.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There's no excuse to hear anything about gun control over the San Bernadino shooting.
The guns came from the police dept.
You read that right.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I read about a possible motive for the shooting here:
arti cle

Well here’s a possible motive: a strongly pro-Israel, anti-Islamic, politically conservative Evangelical Christian was one of the victims of the mass murder in San Bernardino. Not only that, but the man posted on social media the day before the attack that he had recently received threats, including a death threat.

But here’s the kicker: The USA Today report, which buried this detail 31 paragraphs down in a 54 paragraph story about some of the victims, on Tuesday, the day before the massacre, Thalasinos posted on social media that he had received threats in recent days, including one stating he “will die.” An Associated Press report revealed that a co-worker said that Thalasinos and Farook had argued recently about religion, and Thalasinos complained to her that Farook “doesn’t agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion.”

Be warned people: if you argue with a muslim that islam is not a peaceful religion, they will prove the point by killing you and your family, and everyone else nearby at the time. This is how islam operates.

Of course the authorities will be trying to hide this. It disagrees with the politically correct interpretation of islam and undermines the effort to resettle the syrian refugees into the United States.

I am glad that Thalasinos spoke his mind in his last days. Being pro-Israel is not a crime and we must not allow islamic terrorism to silence our right to free speech. Let everyone who is Christian, who is Jewish, who is pro-Israel continue to stand up and speak their mind without fear of terrorism! The more violent these muslism get, the more they prove the fact that islam is a religion of war.

Jihad in the koran:
article
edit on 12/4/15 by peskyhumans because: formatting

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The formatting in my last post is screwed up. I looked through it and can't seem to fix it.

*I fixed it. ATS just doesn't like hyperlinks for some reason.
edit on 12/4/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Lol. What about the other non-muslim christian caucasian gun toating savages who shoot up churches,schools and abortion clinics ? What's their agenda ?

Maybe you should research their agendas.

You might want to begin with their drug prescriptions.

Well,the "baby parts" christian far right fanatic that shot people last week did not use any prescripted drugs,did he ? Dylan Roof dint use any aswell.

That doesnt mean they arent mentally ill!

You obviously dont get it, you simply have tunnel-vision on your belief, and are set on infringing on the rights of law-adibing citizens based on the acts of a few. Thankfully people of your mindset havent been completely successful with YOUR AGENDA!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yeah, get the stupid government to disregard the constitution that was placed there to keep them in their place to safeguard our liberties from their naturally occurring tyranny in order to remove our weapons to defend ourselves from that exact same thing, while simultaneously causing the need to expand the police state to protect us from things we are expected to deal with ourselves.

Ref: " when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. "

Airbags don't work either if you drive like an asshole.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Yeah, get the stupid government to disregard the constitution that was placed there to keep them in their place to safeguard our liberties from their naturally occurring tyranny in order to remove our weapons to defend ourselves from that exact same thing, while simultaneously causing the need to expand the police state to protect us from things we are expected to deal with ourselves.

Ref: " when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. "

Airbags don't work either if you drive like an asshole.

BINGO!

Some people believe the government can or should be able to protect us from everything -- which is a terribly dangerous mindset if you love and understand the true liberty we enjoy in this great country!

And as you stated, we have a responsibilty, BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS AND SHOULD BE LIMITED IN THEIR SCOPE, to protect each other. And when we look at the neighbor who noticed odd activity at Syed Farooks home, but didnt say anything in fear of being called a bigot or racist, we have a potentially more dangerous threat to our liberty than terrorists themselves. If we are silenced or frozen due to politically correctness, everyone should be concerned!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.) said she and other progressives had “proven it in California” that “sensible gun laws work” during a press conference one day after the mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, that left 14 dead.

Boxer: ‘Sensible Gun Laws Work, We’ve Proven It in California’

Absolutely delusional.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My only problem with the OP, is the "attack en mass" comments. ISIS or terrorists in general would never be able to attack America en mass. Maybe Lone Wolf scenarios and to another extent, something similar to Paris. But not all out warfare like some fantasy proned people picture.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Lest we forget..

Any extremist and or nut job doesn't want a legal gun. They want a machine gun like this JB weld special.
www.gunbroker.com...

These are special because they come with no checks whatsoever, delivered to your front door. JB weld because that's all your need to have a full auto UZI.

The favorite of all nut bags is the good ole Full Auto Chopper (AK-47). AK kits poured in during the Clinton ban era as those affected just cut their guns and shipped twice as many. Most come with Full Auto Sear and Rate Reducer.
www.gunbroker.com...

Counting kits I have heard that AK-47/74's alone outnumber the populous here. P.S. You never see machine gun mentioned on the news just assault rifle. Incidents happen all of the time. Oh, and nut jobs can be creative. I am more than certain that snapping and killing a mass of folks does not require a gun, just imagination. What if this had been diversion, to steal a couple tanks from the closest Nation Guard Armory etc.. You know road side bomb the # out of the arriving emergency responders.

Seems a little short sighted if your laying it all down. Nitric Acid does after all starts from good ole fashion compost, and sulfur abounds in the Iron Pyrite found all about. You know the best explosives we have are fertilizers. I'm surprised we don't see things blow up more.

Dangerous FN world that's all I can say
Lets just hope to god we never see open war here at home. Today we have two nut jobs and for years we have been poking the hornets nest. I think we are very lucky these folks were only packing legal weapons. It could have been worse.

In this time of war all US citizens who can carry should. The best defense is a good offense. The threat of instant death is a powerful deterrent. I would feel much better for my babies. American = Bad Ass Cowboy Mother #er or have we forgotten? We need to kick some ass and set the families affected up with donations that will create a constant wave of easy living throughout their lives. WTF?

You few in Syria/Iraq, please kill a few head chopping butt raping murders in honor of our countrymen lost today!
edit on 4-12-2015 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Also, gun and ammo sales sky rocket every single time Obama or some higher up starts discussing Gun Control. That in itself is a tell tale sign that lots of people will not hand over their weapons so easily. Especially in Texas and all along the South. If people think that Texas will give up its guns without a massive fight, you're crazy. You'd have to take the guns away from a red blooded Texans cold dead hands. Texas is the last state that people want to mess with when it comes to these subjects.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Spider879

You mean "suspected extremists" such as those claimed by the Obama administration?...

You know...These "suspected extremists"?

Napolitano is Lying to Americans About Her Department’s Rightwing Extremism Report; TMLC Files Suit
The Report specifically mentions the following political beliefs that law enforcement should use to determine whether someone is arightwing extremist”:

Opposes abortion
Opposes restrictions on firearms
Opposes lax immigration
Opposes the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship, and the expansion of social programs
Opposes continuation of free trade agreements
Opposes same-sex marriage
Has paranoia of foreign regimes
Fear of Communist regimes
Opposes one world government
Bemoans the decline of U.S. stature in the world.
Upset with loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India
. . . and the list goes on
The lawsuit further claims that the Department of Homeland Security encourages law enforcement officers throughout the nation to target and report citizens to federal officials as suspicious rightwing extremists and potential terrorists because of their political beliefs.

www.thomasmore.org...

Those you mean?...

Well you called that one right! Obama and gang do nothing for the people, and only for themselves. That is how you discover the truth behind every lie they tell...ask how it benefits them in the long run and you got it nailed. The liberals know that they can call anyone they want a suspected, potential, etc. terrorist or extremist. If they got that law, they would simply call all of white America racist...therefore mentally disturbed...therefore a threat.

Isn't this common knowledge? It is in my neck of the woods. The liberal want gun confiscation and laws NOT to protect the public...but for some other reason. Remember...nothing is done for us. So, why do they want guns gone? What do they have to gain? Answer that question and you have your answer.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It's funny, (tragic), that some people will NEVER admit, EVER, that allowing basically anyone with a pulse to obtain weapons originally designed to be used in combat, may not be a very good idea. Instead, those folks with bend, twist, fold reality into so many lies. Innocent people all over the country are being killed because people who should not be able to get guns can. Yes, I know, guns don't kill, people kill. People kill a hell of a lot easier/faster with guns. You think 17 people would have died if the 2 psychos who attacked in San Bernardino had done so with knives?

It doesn't matter. The vast majority of Americans are sick of it. Most Americans are not paid by the NRA to bury their heads in the sand. Change is coming. Because the NRA won't bend, it will be broken. It's just a matter of time, which is why the extreme right's warnings are getting more and more rabid. It's a very good sign....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Why are you there so obsessed with guns and have fear of losing them? Don't you have police that can do everything for you as they have all the means to stop whoever? If you think that owning a gun is good for self-defense or for hunting, it will bring more harm than without them. And also these kind of thoughts that someone's crazy action is almost instructed by the government to do, so as to have gun control - arent you thinking this is a bit wild claim? As if there arent sick people and as if there arent terrorist sleeping cells in America? Some are probably not even 'cells' they become so because 'BAD LIFE -> have to go kill somebody' logic?

This cry against gun control is worrying, I would not trust people who want to have guns in their house unless they are maybe hunters but I dont like killing animals for fun either!

And this is a message to all conspirators regardless of the conspiracy you are trying to prove

1- Here are people who believe everything the media says and won't look for anything alternative, and since there is lots of media propaganda will never get to the truth as they wont dig deeper

(1-----sheeple-----------1)-------------( T R U T H )--------------(2-----conspirators--------------------2)>

2 - Conspirators are digging into the problem so deep that are just missing the truth, in either case you both sides are wrong.

The claim in the OP is of the 2nd type, and this fear of gun control - they can do everything to you if they are licensed to do (authorities), even if you have a gun, so thinking that by all means you need a gun... is troubling. However, with the age most people start thinking more into conspiracies and should always beware of not becoming too paranoid.
edit on 4-12-2015 by CollisioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CollisioN

See my post above: Machine Guns are illegal in the USA but available as kits. Its illegal to assemble but you can have them delivered to your front door. The media screams for restrictions on legal gun owners. Here our gang members are the best armed on the planet etc.. WE CRY FOUL!!

Giving a group a monopoly on violence is a very bad idea! The cat is already out of the bag. You should not walk unarmed in the wild west, sir. It could kill ya! I never travel unarmed and I think only fools do. Course here in Arkansas you can carry anyway you like as long its not in commission of some criminal activity. We is ah all packin down hera!

Here anyone convicted of a Felony cannot posses a firearm. Counting kits I have heard that AK-47/74's alone outnumber the populous here. So there in, lies the dilemma. Some folks prefer to carry a big stick, and the number of armed individuals here likely constitutes the largest armed force on the planet.

P.S. The weapons used were not legal in California and have not been for more than a decade. A California complaint version is available, but the clips require tools to detach and are limited to ten rounds. The guns used would have been seized if discovered etc..
edit on 4-12-2015 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It's funny, (tragic), that some people will NEVER admit, EVER, that allowing basically anyone with a pulse to obtain weapons originally designed to be used in combat, may not be a very good idea. Instead, those folks with bend, twist, fold reality into so many lies. Innocent people all over the country are being killed because people who should not be able to get guns can. Yes, I know, guns don't kill, people kill. People kill a hell of a lot easier/faster with guns. You think 17 people would have died if the 2 psychos who attacked in San Bernardino had done so with knives?

It doesn't matter. The vast majority of Americans are sick of it. Most Americans are not paid by the NRA to bury their heads in the sand. Change is coming. Because the NRA won't bend, it will be broken. It's just a matter of time, which is why the extreme right's warnings are getting more and more rabid. It's a very good sign....

Let me tell you what the vast majority of Americans I speak with are tired of: threats to take away our means of self-defense. Period.

Did you miss the part of this story that told of the bombs these folks built? Did you miss the pictures of the toy cars with bombs attached? Do you not realize that these people will use anything to cause death and destruction? Perhaps you will next advocate the control of remotely-controlled toy cars or airplanes?

My guns have never, ever shot at any person. But the sight of one of them drove away a guy who was about to attack my Beloved with a chain saw. That is why nobody will ever take mine. My Daddy taught me to protect myself with firearms. He told me it was my duty to be able to protect myself because the law is always a few minutes away when you need them.

Perhaps all of you folks who are terrified of guns can get together and go live one of those "FEMA camps" where only the guards have guns and you can feel safe from those of us who aren't terrified.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logman

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Close your eyes and imagine what a completely disarmed America would look like accounting for the ever-steady morphing of Law enforcement into the full-on militarization monster that has surely been planned.

I'm closing my eyes and you know what I see? A giant stinking cow turd.

Look at all the mass shootings and tell me how the current gun laws are making citizens safer. In all these mass shootings how often did a good guy with a gun take down the bad guy with a gun?

The shooting occurred in a gun-free zone.

You need to do more research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join