It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Named Most Powerful Man in Britain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The British edition of GQ magazine has listed U.S. President George Bush as tied with British Prime Minister Tony Blair as the most powerful influences on British society. Despite not making the top 100 in last years poll, the magazine stated that Bushs reelection has changed that. Blair has long faced criticism as being Bushs lapdog.

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON - The most powerful man in Britain is American President Bush, while soccer star David Beckham's sway over British society is in free fall, a men's magazine said Wednesday.

Bush tied with Prime Minister Tony Blair for first place in the list drawn up by the British edition of GQ magazine.

Blair has long faced criticism that he simply follows Bush's orders as his "poodle," but GQ claimed that re-election has given Bush an even bigger say in British life. Last year, the U.S. president didn't make the top 100.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is interesting but not all that surprising. The U.S. and Britain have a long standing relationship and work closely together on almost everything. This relationship extends beyond defense and political issues as well. I am surprised that they feel that Bush has that much influence over their society though.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He might have equal sway with Blair over the British Government but Bush certainly doesnt hold any influence over "British society". Take that from a Brit!

He'd have to be the most unpopular US President ever amongst British citizens

[edit on 5-1-2005 by subz]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree subz. I'm another Brit. I absolutely cant stand Bush and from most of the people I've talked too, they all think the same as well. The only exception being those who serve in the Military. Just about anyone in a position of power has influence over Blair as he is nothing but a poodle for hire.

Good riddens! to the both of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Believe it or not he is probably one of the most unpopular over here to. At least you can one thing about him most either think he is great or the Anti-Christ

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I cant believe all the praises these Luciferians are getting lately. Its almost as if to be a monster is great stuff. Keep handing praises and titles to the wicked. Give 'em more power.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That's all cool and all.

Goes with when Dennis Thatcher was the UK's most powerful woman.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That's all cool and all.

Goes with when Dennis Thatcher was the UK's most powerful woman.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I tell you what people, if I was a Britain I will feel very ashamed of this, taking in consideration that the power comes from Mr. Bush influences on the UK prime minister.

It may look like Mr. Bush is telling UK leaders how to rule on their country.

(No offense intended) after all the views of the magazine does not show the views of the people in Britain.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Just about anyone in a position of power has influence over Blair as he is nothing but a poodle for hire.

Though Bush is a Texas Oil Billionaire, I would venture a guess that as long as his Dad is around, George W. is being lead by a leash as well. BTW, as an american I have no respect for the man and think he is just another tool being used to insure the status-quo, I mean as far as his decision-making skills go I believe he is better described as a figure head.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First he's Time's Person of the Year for 2004 and now this. What next.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
First he's Time's Person of the Year for 2004 and now this. What next.

Well, Dubya may well have influence over Blair, but we all know the reaction of the British public when Blair dragged us into what may well end up being an unending war.
I think its time the poodle went 'walkies' - Hopefully that will happen in May.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

He'd have to be the most unpopular US President ever amongst British citizens

Oddly enough, he's second maybe to only Nixon here in the US, hehe....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I think its time the poodle went 'walkies' - Hopefully that will happen in May.

I hear you totally. Watching from Canada I'm shocked that Bush won again when he should just be charged with crimes against humanity. But who is there to replace Blair effectively? Sorry for my ignorance of Brit politics.

AL

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Watching from Canada I'm shocked that Bush won again when he should just be charged with crimes against humanity.

Why, it's almost as if we base our voting decisions on facts instead of the asinine blather constantly being pushed by well-paid international propaganda mills. Go figure.

With all due respect to GQ, it's not the first place I would go to find out what the political situation in Britain is.

But please don't let my opinion stand between anyone and a jump to a foregone conclusion.

[edit on 1/6/2005 by Majic]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Though Bush is a Texas Oil Billionaire, I would venture a guess that as long as his Dad is around, George W. is being lead by a leash as well. BTW, as an american I have no respect for the man and think he is just another tool being used to insure the status-quo, I mean as far as his decision-making skills go I believe he is better described as a figure head.

Please! Get some facts! Mr. Bush is not a billionaire. He's worth a few million dollars. Out of the pool of Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates in 2004, he was the poorest. John Kerry, John Edwards and Dick Cheney are all worth more than George.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I hear you totally. Watching from Canada I'm shocked that Bush won again when he should just be charged with crimes against humanity.

Hmmm, Considering how vilified Bush was and add into the fact that Howard won as well, Blair may very well win again. This would no doubt cement thier positions and policies.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT]

Hmmm, Considering how vilified Bush was and add into the fact that Howard won as well, Blair may very well win again. This would no doubt cement thier positions and policies.

Perish the thought! I'm hoping the Brits have more smarts and are more willing to look at the facts than those who voted for Bush and Howard.

I actually cried when BushCo won...and its not even my country! But the US is our neighbour - and all of us have friends and relatives on both sides of the border so it matters. What the U.S. does affects the world. And a scary world it is indeed and getting scarier all the time.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT]

Perish the thought! I'm hoping the Brits have more smarts and are more willing to look at the facts than those who voted for Bush and Howard.

I actually cried when BushCo won...and its not even my country! But the US is our neighbour - and all of us have friends and relatives on both sides of the border so it matters. What the U.S. does affects the world. And a scary world it is indeed and getting scarier all the time.

What's the alternative? Isn't Blair really the left-wing-nut already? Isn't the alternative a Margaret Thatcher? I like that alternative! And Britain isn't even my country!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
What's the alternative? Isn't Blair really the left-wing-nut already? Isn't the alternative a Margaret Thatcher? I like that alternative! And Britain isn't even my country!

Good point - who knew a American right-wing nut and a British left-wing nut would get along like a house on fire, to the detriment of the world. Just kind of leads me to believe there's something bigger going on here that has yet to show its face. Scary times indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I tell you what people, if I was a Britain I will feel very ashamed of this, taking in consideration that the power comes from Mr. Bush influences on the UK prime minister.

It may look like Mr. Bush is telling UK leaders how to rule on their country.

(No offense intended) after all the views of the magazine does not show the views of the people in Britain.

Well... im a brit, and i am very ashamed of this... But this shame is nothing to the shame the USA people should feel electing bush.... The blood of thousands are on your hands for electing such a criminal.... So casting shame really isnt the best thing here i think...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join