It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I’m Closing My Bank Accounts While I Still Can

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: novem
Although some large cities have private vault services available, maybe that is a option.

How is that ANY different from keeping your things in a safety deposit box at the bank? I fail to see how that's a good alternative...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The problem is, paying bills, juggling financial responsibilities and unforseen life events.... these things are MUCH easier to handle using a debit card/checkbook than they are with cash.

That's the problem that I have found. I guess the ideal situation is to only keep in the bank the minimum amount you need to cover basic bills (with a little extra to cushion unforseen events), and keep the rest liquid BUT only if you can manage it and keep it in a secure place

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Banks would like to eliminate physical money to eliminate the necessity to hire physical people to handle it for them.

Same as those checkouts at stores that are automatic, they would like to eliminate the need to have someone physically remove cash from them too, making any money they take in all theirs.

It's only business, and business has always been the problem.

That is why business people always whine about how much all of the permits and fees and regulations they are required to follow cost them.

You see?, if it were not a law that they had to pay you for your labor, they would find some way around it and stiff you and steal the only thing you can't get back.

Your Time.

Thievery from top to bottom.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't like that my money doesn't seem to be 'mine'. You have to beg and explain and prove and in the end they can refuse you your own money. Why?

Ultimately it may be for a variety of reasons [that I don't agree with] but it will be done under the guise of 'terrorism prevention' or tax fraud.
However this means that we are all seen as guilty and as one of the most honest people you could ever meet, this is an insult to me.
We are generally not too well off but still get lump sums every now and then, from sales of our own things, or checks from family or other completely legal things.
It used to be that bank accounts were sacret. What you did with your money was your business and that is how it should be.

If they truly want to catch terrorists there are ways to get the info. But living in a small town where I have been for almost 10 years and an account I had over 20 years, I believe strongly that I should't be treated like someone who has something to hide.

Buying large things starts an interrogation. Friendly but persistent. Banks are up their own asses so much, we should all walk out and see how they are getting on without our money. Maybe that would put things into perspective again.

Gone are the times where they fell over backwards when you were a customer [70's and 80's], now you are just a cash-cow, ready to be milked and abused.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Hecate666 because: typo's

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You need the accts work the system play the game. I'm not concerned about minor nuisances only not reaching goals. People wanna throw hissy fits over nothing that's there deal, but I'll keep on until there's actually sonething worth complaining over.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If the goal is to remain independent of those systems......you lost a long time ago.

Says a guy who is constantly promoting bigger government and more dependency.

"resistance is futile" comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
FamCor,
The difference is that they are "PRIVATELY OWNED" and not regulated or controlled by the federal government...... here is an example.

securitprivatevaults.com...
edit on 4-12-2015 by novem because: (no reason given)

www.usprivatevaults.com...
edit on 4-12-2015 by novem because: website examples given

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: novem

this is actually a good idea - I would still read allll the fine print before I put my precious goods/cash in their vaults though

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks you so much...I really only look to purvey that kind of info...sadly I get suckered into the other stuff. You are very kind

You are an inspiration.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

Thank you, you warmed my heart
edit on 4-12-2015 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I actually like electronic banking for on line purchases. For things I can't get locally.

For local purchases I prefer cash.

Always a good Idea to carry cash because those swipers seem to go down more often than naught where I live.

Although It's never a good idea to design an economy aroiund the 'internets'.

It goes down. Your pretty much screwed.

Cash will still be king. IMO.

My bank has been around for over 50 years. Not apart of any megabank.
edit on 6-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I put my money into Bitcoin, now i have full control of my finances and can transfer funds all over the world anytime for pennies, pretty simple really.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I don't like that my money doesn't seem to be 'mine'. You have to beg and explain and prove and in the end they can refuse you your own money. Why?

Ultimately it may be for a variety of reasons [that I don't agree with] but it will be done under the guise of 'terrorism prevention' or tax fraud.
However this means that we are all seen as guilty and as one of the most honest people you could ever meet, this is an insult to me.
We are generally not too well off but still get lump sums every now and then, from sales of our own things, or checks from family or other completely legal things.
It used to be that bank accounts were sacret. What you did with your money was your business and that is how it should be.

If they truly want to catch terrorists there are ways to get the info. But living in a small town where I have been for almost 10 years and an account I had over 20 years, I believe strongly that I should't be treated like someone who has something to hide.

Buying large things starts an interrogation. Friendly but persistent. Banks are up their own asses so much, we should all walk out and see how they are getting on without our money. Maybe that would put things into perspective again.

Gone are the times where they fell over backwards when you were a customer [70's and 80's], now you are just a cash-cow, ready to be milked and abused.

here's a fun solution

ever ask a question, only to end up saying "sorry i asked?"

if the bank asks you too personal questions, give them too personal, long winded, hard to follow answers that sound plausible and entirely legal but could never be adequately explained in a memo.

"well, it all started with this cyst on my foot that was oozing pus"

OR, if you work in sales,

use it as an opening to launch into the extremely long version of your sales pitch.

"it's for business expenses. i work in the insurance industry. do you have enough life insurance to cover your funeral expenses? (don't wait for reply) the average funeral costs...."

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bitcoinforever

surprised there is only one post on this thread referencing bitcoin...

i would also suggest cryptocurrency if you are wanting to get rid of having to deal with any banks at all.

while it it new and there are some negative aspects i think that if you do your research you may find that it is a good option for keeping your money out of the governments hands.

i personally believe it is the future of money since everything is going digital anyway. and if you are into stocks then maybe you can try bitcoin trading and see how you like that to earn more money!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join