It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms manufacturers stocks soar after UK decision to join Syria bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
SHARE PRICES of Europe’s largest weapons manufacturers have all jumped following the UK decision to join the 15 month old bombing campaign in Syria.

Stock values at BAE Systems, Airbus, Finmeccanica and Thales all soared when markets started trading this morning as EU government plough greater resources into Middle Eastern wars.

BAE Systems jumped four points at start of trading, just hours after its Tornado jets left UK bases in Cyprus to bomb Omar oilfields.

now tell me what the real motives of our so called leaders are?

It doesn't seem to matter what happens in war, someone is always making money. Be interesting to see who takes advantage of this and earns from it. And what ties they have to the same governments that are making decisions on behalf of their people who have no say in the matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642
Orwell's vision becomes a little clearer everyday.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Without a shadow of a doubt Cameron, Osborne and chums will profit from this war, just like they did with Iraq. It was bound to rise wasn't it?

If the Home Secretary's husband can offer his company's services (G4S) to replace some Police Officer's in certain roles, for less than what the U.K Government currently pay. Then I would suggest they are looking at stealing the taxpayers money in other Government Departments.

It's a Tory trait, always has been always will be. Don't get me wrong, Labour under Blair and Brown were no better, which means for the last 35 years this is the system that we have been conditioned to accept.
edit on 3/12/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How many bombs does it take to get to the center of an ISIS pop? The world just may never know....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I wonder how much it would cost to get shares in BAE Systems.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nothing has changed, the oldest economic tactic in the book is being played yet again. Arming both sides of the war, stimulate the economy by spreading fear, stabilize the current dollar. This is the beginning of WW3, the only nation that has been quiet for some time now is Isreal. How is this going to effect Isreal when a war between ISIS and NATO gets out of control, and NATO sets its eyes on Russia and Isreal gets caught in the middle or backed into a corner. I now understand Isreal's right to defend itself, in amongst a pack of wolves waiting to erase them off the map, and the battle between super-powers. They are slowly getting surrounded by hostile nations, and could become a casualty.

This is just an observation, a foreshadowing of things to come possibly.
edit on 3-12-2015 by gimphnoid because: misspelled

new topics

top topics

join