It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There are alternatives to meat from walmart. There is no doubt that MANY large corporations (say for instance, Tyson) do not treat their animals in a way I would want seen.

We buy half a cow each year and freeze the cuts. The cattle are raised on a field, fed some hay in the winter, and grain when needed. They are truly just free range cattle. There is a different taste to the meat. They are butchered humanely.

I spend a freakin fortune on free range chicken. Chicken are fairly nasty creatures to begin with, and add in small enclosed areas and yeah, amazingly nasty.

I also only buy locally produced milk. It is just so much smaller a scale than something like flavOrich. The cattle ARE treated more humanely and with no hormones, though possibly antibiotics if a cow gets sick. It happens, animals get sick, even very well cared for animals. Just like people.

I cannot give up eating meat. I cannot stand the taste of most vegetables, so I would just starve eating only green beans. Sad, but true!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It would be good if our food was treated with more respect before we ate it. I believe the mad cow disease is due in part if not in total because cattle were eating the meat of other animals instead of naturally grazing on grass or natural products. Perhaps it would be good if our animals were strictly vegetarian. I would feel better and feel safer about our food supply. I know someone who is actually afraid to eat beef because of mad cow threats. He certainly isn't avoiding the food because he wants to be more spiritual. I suppose we could all eat more spiritual food if all of our food was treated better before consumption. Our food would probably be alot safer to eat as well.

pao

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
There are alternatives to meat from walmart. There is no doubt that MANY large corporations (say for instance, Tyson) do not treat their animals in a way I would want seen.

We buy half a cow each year and freeze the cuts. The cattle are raised on a field, fed some hay in the winter, and grain when needed. They are truly just free range cattle. There is a different taste to the meat. They are butchered humanely.

whats the running price on a half cow?

pao

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Pao

good source of omega-3 acids.

--Marine sources: Atlantic salmon and other fatty, preferably cold-water fish, including herring (both Atlantic and Pacific), sardines, Atlantic halibut, bluefish, tuna, and Atlantic mackerel. The American Heart Association recommends that people eat tuna or salmon at least twice a week.

As a reasonable substitute (or even an occasional alternative) for fresh fish, commercial fish oil capsules are available containingomega-3s such as DHA and EPA.

Taken from this interesting article.
www.wholehealthmd.com...

thx buddy, i gotta eat more of that stuff

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I buy it for $1 a pound and get to choose how it is butchered(what cuts I want it made into) great deal and only because it is my cleaning lady that I get a greatl price. They are a wonderful family. I am offerred this every fall when they take a few cattle to slaughter.

Flax oil is also a very good source of Omega threes with alot less iodine in it. I take 2-4 capsules a day. The refrigerated oil is better, but I don't really have anything I want to mix it into.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
vegetarianism and spirituality:
first off let me just set the record clear, I am not a full fledge vegetarian. I do not eat beef or pork, but I still eat poultry on occassions. Most days when I fast, I do not eat any poultry or fish and limit myself to fruits and vegetables. It's not that I never ate beef or pork, I tried everything, but after learning how my food gets to my table, I found the ethics of the meat market to be more than I can handle and me choosing to avoid beef and pork is more an ethics issue than anything else.

Great post, worldwatcher.
While I am happy eating meat, I can see the value in doing without occasionally, especially when trying to get in touch with your inner self.
Of course, fruits and veggies are most important.
I would also like to mention avoiding all processed food---as much as possible. They contain lots of chemicals and very little real food. Pepsi, Pringles, twinkies, McDonalds and Chef boyardee are not good for your body.

I would think taking supplements for optimum health would aid in spritiual matters. A healthy body would aid a healthy mind?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Try this site for your natural good spiritual food you will live to be a 100+ www.hacres.com... But i prefer stuffed olives with a bit of amber fluid....

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you don't need to eat special herbs or glowing vegetables to help with your quest for spirituality.

Simply start by eliminating meats such as beef, pork, poultry from your diet
and highly processed foods including junk foods, chips, cookies, etc.

you can still have good stuff, but homemade from scratch, with quality ingredients is always better than the stuff we buy in the grocery stores.

But mainly being meat free is the key to enhanced stpirtituality.

How exactly do you gain a higher spiritual awareness if you don't enjoy the food you are eating? I think this is all a campaign to make everyone vegetarians. IMO anyways.

I agree there. just make everyone vegetariens

heck no i want decent food, i aint a rabbit that eats green food all day.

Here is a small description of what i been doing for the past 6-7 months or so. I was very overweight (112,5kg where 80kg is my ideal weight). All i started doing was work on my physical health, clense my body and make it strong again.

I drank, and still do, nothing but water. you have to make loads of bathroom visits till the junk left your body. then my diet started to consist of 4 slices of bread with my normal stuff on it for breakfast. then 2-3 hours later during lunch a little bit of yoghurt and then for dinner 2 slices of meat and vegetables. any kind of meat will do. you basicly have a low-med carb diet with no fats and egg whites/proteins. your body will be thankfull.

when my body was back into shape and back where it should be i started to experience a lot more then usual. from a nightly visit to certain energy patterns. and i start seeing more each day that passes

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
when my body was back into shape and back where it should be i started to experience a lot more then usual. from a nightly visit to certain energy patterns. and i start seeing more each day that passes

That's a wonderful feeling! Keep your powers in balance, so that you can use them the proper way !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join