It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger, sounding like a candidate, calls for voter revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I guess Jesse Ventura has some competition now...

LOS ANGELES - Despite persistent rumors he's considering running as a Republican candidate for governor, actor Arnold Schwarzenegger insists the only thing he's campaigning for at the moment is his forthcoming film "Terminator 3."

The 55-year old star of the "Terminator" movies, who spoke to a taxpayer advocacy group Tuesday night at a Century City hotel, brushed off questions about his political ambitions.

"I'm telling you right now that I'm just thinking about `Terminator' and not about anything else," he told The Associated Press.

But he delivered a campaign-style speech to the conservative Washington anti-tax group Club for Growth to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Proposition 13. He extolled the voter-approved property tax-slashing measure authored by Howard Jarvis and Paul Gann that launched a nationwide tax revolt, adding that the time is right for another revolution at California's voting booths.

www.bayarea.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
A republican ? I was thinking he was a democrat.

Gee...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nope, he's a conservative and thus, doesn't have a right to his opinion. I'm on the horn to the ACLU right now to see about filing charges against him.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just after elections, a new version of Commando is released:

(Arnie hangs Bush over the edge of a cliff)

"Remember Bush when I promised to kill you last?
"Thats right Arnold, you did!"
"I lied!!!"

(Arnie lets go)

"Aaaargh!!!"

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Arnie is certainly of the right but as he is Austrian born he can not run for President.
Though other rightwing Austrians have had often spectacular political carreers outside of their native land.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
hey JB - Do you mean like Adolf? Sorry, but i am not too clued up on Austrian politics

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Arnie is certainly of the right but as he is Austrian born he can not run for President.

He's american, not an Austrian anymore.So I don't understand why he couldn't be running for the Presidential as a candidate.

Yes Daystar, he was Austrian as Hitler was.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
One must have been born in America to become president but I think the office in question is governor..still I'm not sure he would live up to the image of Grey "grey out" Davis.

I think Arnold would probably realize that one needs power companies to produce power....but then again, he's not as swift as these career politicians who seem to become experts on whatever subject is at hand. Could you imagine being the aid that has to tell that guy bad news?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
California needs Arnie for Govonor badly. I really think hed do a great job.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Little Arnie surely has more important things to achieve than a stint as Governor. That would distract him from the more important stuff, of saving the world from time-travelling or alien nemeses, and kindergartens from no-good thugs.

This has been on the cards for nearly a decade, but you ought to leave Arnie where he is. Mr Universes should be untainted superheroes and not corrupt politicians.

Favourite Arnie quote:

Oprah Winfrey, some years back: "How does it feel to be worth $48 million?"

Arnie: "Not much different to when I had $47 million."

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Where have I heard that name Howard Jarvis before???

Can you help me out???

By the way, I don't know of any laws saying that foreigners can't run for office. Everyone in America is foreign. Only the Native Americans are really American.

Remember??????????????????????????????????

You See?????

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm also interested in dispelling this myth, if it is a myth.

My understanding is since the US Constitution was drafted in order to be eligible for the office of the President of the United States, you had to be 'Born In The USA'.

Not a citizen. Not a long-term resident. But a human being born within the political borders of the US.

Often wondered why that was the case, unusual.

The fact that there have been no foreign born Presidents was written in some obscure but unchallenged document at the time of the Constitution.

Wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The native Americans are foreign too, Abraham. They came from somewhere. And they werent the only people in North America. Caucasian bodies from eons ago were found too, remeber kennwewick man?

The constituion states that the presodent must be at least 35 years old and born in the United states, and be a United states citizen.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
just confirming that you must be 35 and born in the united states to be president. here's the link.

www.ss.ca.gov...

top topics

join