It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Open All Combat Jobs to Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Defense Secretary Ash Carter will order the military to open up all combat jobs to women.

The Associated Press reported on Thursday Carter is giving the armed services until Jan. 1 to submit plans to make the historic change.

Carter's official aonnouncement is expected later Thursday.

I think this announcement is long overdue. This is the era of 'girl power' and removes one of the final barriers to true equality. Women can kick butt as much as a man and now we will finally get to see what they can do in actual combat. I expect them to do well and match the prowess of their male counterparts.

Article

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is all so stupid. People should all be treated with respect. Male or female, Black or white this division needs to end.
I grew up in boxing gyms, learned how to fight. I taught my step daughter how to box since she was young. We all need to come together for the better of everyone.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wasn't the main issue with this in regards to women not being able to perform certain duties? Like able to carry an adult male out of harms way, hauling their pack, and just keeping up in general. Don't take this the wrong way, I feel women should be able to participate as long as they can perform all the duties that may be required.
edit on 3-12-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

please address further replies to the ongoing discussion.

thank you

closed
edit on 12/3/2015 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join