It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So very tired of this type of behavior

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: THEatsking

When the christians did it. Period. Until they stop, no one should stop.

WOW really
I am stunned by your response. If everyone jumps off a cliff and all that..........

So by that logic it is ok to murder people in Saudi Arabia because of what was done in America yesterday?

I think there is a precedent ....remember Afghanastan and Iraq? Now Syria and soon Iran?

Where were the prayers for the innocents that died in those countries?
edit on 3-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

But it wasn't an article about muslims.

God (whatever your God happens to be - and the Christian one and Muslim one are the same) isn't going to magically fix gun violence, or global warming, or any other stupid human behavior. If prayer worked in this manner - there would be no poor people or handicapped children or war of any sort. (well perhaps some do pray for war - sick - but possible).

There's an old (prior to corporate backed evangelilism wherein corporations financially 'encourage' the 'ministry' to propagandize their congregations for private greed) protestant saying that goes something like this "God helps those who help themselves.

Praying for the 'well-being' of those effected by this or any other terrorist incident is all well and good - but doesn't solve the problem.

If your faith is so fragile as to be offended by an imagined insult (the insult was towards republican candidates lack of possible solutions) to your religion or your god then you'd better look harder and perhaps emulate the behavior of it's alleged founder.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think there is a precedent ....remember Afghanastan and Iraq? Now Syria and soon Iran?

Where were the prayers for the innocents that died in those countries?

Precedent
I don't think there is ever any precedent for killing civilians.

And glad to know that prayers for those are ok but prayers for Americans should be met with shame and insults.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

But it wasn't an article about muslims.

God (whatever your God happens to be - and the Christian one and Muslim one are the same) isn't going to magically fix gun violence, or global warming, or any other stupid human behavior. If prayer worked in this manner - there would be no poor people or handicapped children or war of any sort. (well perhaps some do pray for war - sick - but possible).

There's an old (prior to corporate backed evangelilism wherein corporations financially 'encourage' the 'ministry' to propagandize their congregations for private greed) protestant saying that goes something like this "God helps those who help themselves.

Praying for the 'well-being' of those effected by this or any other terrorist incident is all well and good - but doesn't solve the problem.

If your faith is so fragile as to be offended by an imagined insult (the insult was towards republican candidates lack of possible solutions) to your religion or your god then you'd better look harder and perhaps emulate the behavior of it's alleged founder.

You are correct it was not an article about Muslims. It was an article to insult and shame Christians who offer condolences and prayers.

God does help those who help themselves, but that has nothing to do with the fact that a major mainstream newspaper sees fit to insult people for practicing their religion. I don't think those prayers were in anyway to be meant a substitute for a solution to the attack that occurred in Ca.

How dare you lecture someone on their faith. I am sick and tired of people like you telling Christian people where and when they can be offended. I am sick of the double standard that exists that it is ok to insult Christians but no others for religious beliefs. MANY Muslim leaders have been on the current news cycle and offered the same prayers and condolences and if any publication had the stones to print a story about them like this one there would be hell to pay from the PC left.

I get that the media does not like conservatives I guess I failed to realize how many agree with them. Insulting someone for praying is disgusting and apologists like yourself are just as disgusting.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I never 'insult' people for their religious beliefs only for their hypocritical speech and behavoir and I apply that to any fanatic of whatever variety.

Something about 'turning the other cheek' when someone offends you? How about praying for people who offend you complaining uselessly in public to get attention.

I think the point of the article was simply that 'god isn't going to fix this' - we have to fix it. You are offended by that how? Do you seriously think your god is going to do away with mass killings? Or is it just you want your god only to stop mass killings by non-christians? Just WTF are you offended about?

Insanity (and lack of impluse control and reason).

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Prayers aren’t working.

White House hopefuls on the Democratic side of the aisle called for stricter gun laws in the wake of the shooting in San Bernardino that left at least 14 dead.

But after yet another mass shooting in America, GOP presidential contenders were conspicuously silent on the issue of gun control.

Instead, the Republicans were preaching about prayer.

www.nydailynews.com...

i.imgur.com...

If this were an article ridiculing Muslims for prayer there would be a media outrage. I have not seen any mainstream media coverage of this at all. This is disgusting every "official" I have seen on news coverage has offered condolences and prayers to the victims and families, including the President just this morning, but on the cover of the paper in question only republicans are pointed out.

So instead of inteligently debating about gun control laws vs more guns, Republicans were praying. That is an issue, is it not?

OK, even if that isn't an issue. Let's stop with the 'Woe is me' christian attitude. Christians are at the top of the totem pole. To even suggest otherwise is ignorant.

I was unaware offering Prayers and debating the issue were mutually exclusive?

Maybe Conservatives and Christians are simply more willing to allow time for grieving and giving time to absorb the gravity of the situation before flying off an emotional handle. That is how people get hurt, and given Politicians jobs, how rights aretrampled.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yeah.

I might have a little more sympathy for them but for the fact that they pray with one eye on the check they're receiving from the NRA and the arms dealers.

And why were their prayers out there so much faster for SB than for CS? No hypocrisy there at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The progressive faction just keep alienating people from the democratic party.

The backlash is already starting and it is going to be brutal.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Its a classic example of why there's no middle ground on this issue. Its more about scoring cheap shots, partisan politics and shaming those you disagree with than it is about trying to unify disagreeing parties who certainly feel they have valid reasons for the positions they've taken on the issue.

Yes it is, and it's exactly the same today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join