It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo in old movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is such a KEWL find! I am grinning from ear to ear!

Yes RIO GRANDE was filmed entirely in Utah.....using the Colorado River......and all the filming locations were VERY close...within 100 miles, of the white sands missle test range...the location of the NEW area 51 FYI.

I know White Sands missle test range is MORE commonly known to be in New Mexico....but New Mexico was the TARGET SITE of the missles launched from Green River Utah. New Mexico played 'catch' to Utah's 'throws'.....and Utah was a VERY big part of the white sands operation. It was fully operational at the time of the filming of Rio Grande.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
haaah!
Intresting, very intresting!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
This is such a KEWL find! I am grinning from ear to ear!

Yes RIO GRANDE was filmed entirely in Utah.....using the Colorado River......and all the filming locations were VERY close...within 100 miles, of the white sands missle test range...the location of the NEW area 51 FYI.

I know White Sands missle test range is MORE commonly known to be in New Mexico....but New Mexico was the TARGET SITE of the missles launched from Green River Utah. New Mexico played 'catch' to Utah's 'throws'.....and Utah was a VERY big part of the white sands operation. It was fully operational at the time of the filming of Rio Grande.

Thanks for the info.

More evidence pointing to this actually being a real craft flying about in the background.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
has no one gotten a copy of this DVD yet, who can confirm that the objects are in the original, and if the movie was shot on location or in a studio?

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
has no one gotten a copy of this DVD yet, who can confirm that the objects are in the original, and if the movie was shot on location or in a studio?

Sincerely

Cade

Hey Cade,
I downloaded several dvdrips from p2p, and the ufo was present on all versions. So i'm pretty sure this is genuine. Concerning where it was shot for this scene, i dunno, maybe we should try to contact directly the movie director.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Great, so it's there in the original. I think it's a great idea to contact the movie studio, a very hands on approach. I only wish I could be in the same room with them when they see these objects...

This is truely a very interesting case, as we can rule out the "experimental aircraft" arguement so often used by some.

"Ridicule and laughter is the oasis for mind challenging subjectmatters"
-- Brian Zebeaune

Sinerely

Cade

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
this is just so kewl.........

Thanks again for this tidbit.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
ehh that is hard to tell the movie is black and white and its just hard to see in pictures

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, if that is a genuine UFO that's really incredible. Great Post!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i am sure this cant be a bugs its 2 big and tis not light it was filmed outdoors so great ufo find!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just because it was filmed "on location" doesnt mean all scenes were. To anyone who has the slightest knoledge in film production this is obviously filmed on a set. Watch the entire movie and the scenes filmed outdoors have a totally different look and feel to the ones filmed on a set (like this one). Good try but no cigar.

[edit on 6/3/05 by The Block]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Originally posted by instar
probably a glow bug/s in the background if it was indeed filmed outdoors on location. very intresting though, who can say for sure.

I can say for sure it is not a glow bug, a light reflection, film grain or a bird. If this this is genuine - it's a real UFO. It's just that it amazes me the film crew did not publish it. I am definite they noticed it.

You can? Were you there on-site at the time of filming? I find it funny that everyone jumps at the thought that it's a UFO, when there's no evidence to say either way what it was. Yes, it looks odd back there, but it could be ANYTHING!! If you notice with the film, as the apparent object moves across the background, the film distorts. This suggests to me that this has been added in at a later time.

Also, let us not forget how unreliable Rense is.

Edit: Thanks Block for mentioning that as well. I also got the feeling that that particular scene was filmed on a set, with a backdrop, as the tree that the object supposedly passes behind is too still for my comfort. Also, the props seem to be too close to the actors to be out in the middle of someplace. On a filmset, there's limited space with which to get everything and the actors into, and I think this is one of those scenes, since everything looks cramped in there pretty tight.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
People come on anyone can see this isn't a ufo, it just looks like some kind of light reflection; yeah there are definitely no aliens in this movie.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You all want to believe this so badly you're convincing yourselves it can't be anything except proof of alien life.

Big sigh..

It's a bug. It's a bug in the camera lights. It flies in front of the tree, it flies behind the tree, it flies off with it's bug buddies.

They're in the desert, they have lights, there's lots of bugs.

Sorry.. I feel like an a ss for saying it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
And they brought the light....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I mean, no offense to anyone but how the hell could you honestly believe that that light in the background was an alien spaceship? Hahaha!! Filmed on location, probably true, but even sets are sometimes used on location.

People are so quick to jump the gun. That light? Oh god that's proof right there folks call NASA we got a Santa Claus.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
still a fascinating litle thing.. not often do u see extras like that in movies.. usually someone wud hav noticed a lite reflection and re done the take,, or maybe he thout no lets leave it in!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevastra
I mean, no offense to anyone but how the hell could you honestly believe that that light in the background was an alien spaceship? Hahaha!! Filmed on location, probably true, but even sets are sometimes used on location.

People are so quick to jump the gun. That light? Oh god that's proof right there folks call NASA we got a Santa Claus.

It would not surprise me one bit if there were several sound stages in the Moab, Utah area, considering the number of cowboy movies filmed in the area in the time frame. Hundreds of films and tv shows have been filmed in Utah since the 1920s, don't you think there are a few soundstages there?

My guess is that the particular scene was shot in a studio and the UFO is more than likely a reflection off of the backdrop.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Mystery solved...... or disinfo ?

www.rense.com...

[edit on 5/4/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Mystery solved...... or disinfo ?

www.rense.com...

[edit on 5/4/2005 by Musclor]

That link was already posted.
If one reads it all, they never solved the mystery.

We are now attempting to get the original black & white 35mm film to run it in our screening room.

Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the good work.

That's how it ends after the looooong page of words.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join