It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo in old movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Check this out : www.rense.com...
Very schemer. You can see a disc shaped bright object doing awesome manoeuvers and accelerations. This could be another solid proof of ufo existence. Your thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's pretty incredible. I'm surprised the editors of the film didn't notice that considering they had to have seen that scene countless times.

As far as I can tell, that is a genuine UFO and clear evidence of them. However, I will admit a small amount of concern.

EBE's shouldn't let EBE's fly drunk.

Seriously though, I do wonder why in all footage of that type (and testimonies of the same) we see and hear about the UFOs flying so erratically. Granted, considering the fact that that movie was shot in 1950's Utah, perhaps it's true that we were reverse-engineering their craft at that time and still getting the hang of how to fly them.

Great find, in any case.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would have thought that they recorded this one in a studio? Does anyone have the original movie on a DVD or something who can confirm it's in there also?

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That is interesting...

If this was in a studio, I can't think of much that could move that erretically unless it's like an insect or something.

If it was an outside shot, it COULD be a bird like a hawk or perhaps a bug.

I wonder if the camera man saw it, probably not since he was focussing on the actors.

If this is indeed a genuine UFO, wow...first UFO I can think of captured in a motion picture!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Me and my mother are very big john wayne fans and im pretty sure she has the tape and ill watch it and see...ill get back to you guys.

EDIT: I just asked her and she says she has it so.. ill check it out and get back to yahs

[edit on 5-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow thats really incredible! Seems possibly genuine to me, but I really would have thought they would film that in a studio

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
was that movie filmed at a real location or is those mountains a fake background putup in a studio.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
if you watch the first milliseconds when John Wayne just enters the screen...look to the left of his head...replay it a few times...you'll see whatever it is moves onto the background simultaneiously to his movement...this lead me to believe that it was filmed in a studio and that this may have been a spot light reflecting off the background

also, if you pause it at 4 seconds +/- you can see the object is actually overlapping that branch on the tree...meaning that this could not have been a craft but perhaps a bug?

[edit on 1/6/2005 by UnMature]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I�ve seen the video, and I have almost no doubt that it was film in a studio, with a fake background.

It is a light reflection, nothing more...

jra

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I agree, it's probably in a studio. It just has the feeling of a studio shot. Plus it went overtop of the tree partly that was behind the fence. My guess would be that it had to do with the studio lights or something. Perhaps some one was adjusting one a bit while filming.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
if you watch the first milliseconds when John Wayne just enters the screen...look to the left of his head...replay it a few times...you'll see whatever it is moves onto the background simultaneiously to his movement...this lead me to believe that it was filmed in a studio and that this may have been a spot light reflecting off the background

also, if you pause it at 4 seconds +/- you can see the object is actually overlapping that branch on the tree...meaning that this could not have been a craft but perhaps a bug?

[edit on 1/6/2005 by UnMature]

I see what you're saying. It looks like a film artifact to me.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by joepits]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

I�ve seen the video, and I have almost no doubt that it was film in a studio, with a fake background.

It is a light reflection, nothing more...

Hmmm i wouldn't be that sure. On the web site the author is convinced that it has been fully filmed in Moabe, Utah, as the making of says it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just checked it out and I would have to agree that the background does look like a set with some pretty impressive lighting. Notice how vivid, clean and surreal the background looks. It nearly matches the clarity of the actors. Maybe someone can get the info of the cameras used to make this movie and do a little comparison.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow, nice find.

Guys, the article on Rense points out that the Collector's Edition DVD of the movie has a "making of" documentary hosted by Leonard Maltin that explains that it was filmed on location in Moabe, Utah. Dont you guys read?

As for the object passing over the tree branch, that visual effect can happen with a blurred glowing object. Because of the brightness of the object, the thin branch of the tree gets washed out when the bright glow of the object passes behind it. Here's another example of that visual effect appearing with a tree branch.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Um, didnt anyone read the article?

The movie was filmed entirely on location in Utah, not a hollywood set. The sureal background could be an effect of a lens filter.

And I highly doubt it was a bug or a bird, since the movements and size rule it out.

This is a very fascinating find.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Um, didnt anyone read the article?

The movie was filmed entirely on location in Utah, not a hollywood set.

Is there an echo in here?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
She cant find it so i cant see it on a bigger screen so i have no idea.. but between both suggestions of the bug and the light i would have to say it was a light...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

As for the object passing over the tree branch, that visual effect can happen with a blurred glowing object. Because of the brightness of the object, the thin branch of the tree gets washed out when the bright glow of the object passes behind it. Here's another example of that visual effect appearing with a tree branch.

Yes, that's totally true. Another perfect exemple is the beijing video in february 1995, where u can believe that the ufo passes in front of an antenna, but in fact the intensity of the light emitted by the phenomenon "delete" slightly the part of antenna being in front of it. The video sensor of the camera "saturates" and creates this optical effect thus.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I showed this vid to a few friends of mine and the most popular explanation they came up with is that it's an insect flying around behind The Duke. For some reason, it's movements dont look like the movements of an insect to me not to mention the object appears to be far behind the actors in the background. The light reflection theory is possible though, but there's really nothing we can reference to back up that theory.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yup, it's shot on location. It's most certainly not an insect or light reflection. However, I am finding it extremely hard to believe that the none of the crew noticed it, especially the editor, or even the audience.

I think that it has been added recently. Is there any proof that this genuinely was part of the original footage?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join