It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorothy Vong Video: Another Bloody Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It is hard to see how the authorities are going to be able to avoid taking time to interpret, for the public, this video.

It does need interpretation, I think.

It seems to show the amazing coincidence of the onset of a mass shooting occurring just as a scheduled "live shooter drill" was beginning. The people looking through the window did think it was a drill. They were used to drills of this sort.

Are the first three people in this video connected? Possibly not. The first one is running, the other two briskly walking, but they are all going in the same direction. Is the first one armed? It's hard to tell.

www.latimes.com...

At first, Dorothy Vong assumed it was a drill -- just like all the others at her work.

At the Inland Regional Center, where she’s a nurse, the staff works with clients and parents of clients who are sometimes angry. They have active-shooter drills every month or so.

“Drill started,” she texted her husband, Mark, around 11 a.m.

She walked to a window nearby and filmed a video as law enforcement sprinted toward the building.

“Oh, that is scary,” a voice says calmly in the background.

“They’re all geared up!” someone else says. “Rifles and everything!”

If this was a drill, why didn't the "drillers" drill the suspects immediately?
edit on 3-12-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one. I was hoping they would comment on this during one of the few press conferences they had last night, but there wasn't a peep.

I imagine at some point they will have to address it. Until then... Speculation will likely go in a million different directions.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Like I said in the main post where you viewed it the same way the first 3 people going in look like Police to me with the 2 wave in the background being another wave of responders though at that distance you cant confirm anything on the 2 wave.

In the first 3 people going in persons 1 and 3 have a lighter top on and darker pants which to me looks like the colors of the Sherifs Department as you can see in the picture below.

Additionally the drilling that was going on was not that close to the location this started.

Finally people who are used to seeing drills probably assumed it was another drill until , like they said on the video, they realized they were geared up.
edit on 3-12-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I saw it as you did. Not sure where the concern is in the vid?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I was thinking that the first group were the actual shooters, but if I understand you correctly, there are no real shooters in this clip. The first three people are the drill "shooters" and the folks in black in the background are the responders.

It seems like an odd way to do a drill like this. It doesn't look right to me, as a drill.

I would have expected a group of SWAT types, some in civvies, standing around in the parking lot talking about Trump's hair until an officer with a clipboard started to tell them where to set up.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't think anything in your video has anything to do with the SWAT drill that was taking place at a different location. Their was no drill at the location that day is no remember the story right.

I think what you see in the video is 3 first responders and then either additonal police showing up or people running away in,the background.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

The woman who took the video seemed to be confused herself as she thought it was a drill. Turned out not to be obviously.

I can't see the people in the video clearly enough to tell what is what. By wishing for an explanation of who is who, I am not saying anything other than I would like to know who is who.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

So basically she was filming the responders as they arrived. It still looks odd to me because the incident had not yet started as far as Mrs. Vong knew. Moments later she and her friends were locking themselves in their office as the shooting started. The responders must have been right on the heels of the shooters as they started. Were these responders on a drill that suddenly went live?

It would be helpful if the authorities went into some detail explaining these matters.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

So basically she was filming the responders as they arrived. It still looks odd to me because the incident had not yet started as far as Mrs. Vong knew. Moments later she and her friends were locking themselves in their office as the shooting started. The responders must have been right on the heels of the shooters as they started. Were these responders on a drill that suddenly went live?

It would be helpful if the authorities went into some detail explaining these matters.

In the summaries of a initial encounter I think i read it took 4 minutes for the first people to get to the site.

When you look at those first 3 going in like i said persons 1 and 3 almost match up exactly to a Sheriff's uniform while the 3 could be a SWAT uniform. That tells me that they were just resources that showed up.

Hell I have been at fires where firemen from different departments were close to an building and upon hearing reports of people trapped put their gear on and tried to make a difference before the responsible companies showed up.

Again, their was no drill at this site going on .

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The responders were very quick because they seem to have been on site before the actual shooting began, I think, unless I have that wrong. I must have heard it on the Fox 10 livestream, but I was under the impression that Mrs. Vong saw one of the perps inside the building when her group became aware of what was actually happening.

Maybe I'm just mixed up, "fog of war" reporting, etc.

I wonder if the responders were tipped off that this shooting was about to happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here is an approximate timeline of the event.

www.latimes.com...

People at the party described a terrifying scene.

Everyone dropped to the floor,” Denise Peraza, 27, told her relatives. “The guys opened fired for 30 seconds, randomly, then paused to reload and began firing again.”

Peraza was hiding under a desk when she was struck in the lower back. After the attackers left, the scene was silent for about five minutes. Then the doors swung open again, and a swarm of police officers entered the room.

The first 911 call came at 11 a.m. Police responded to the scene within four minutes, Burguan said.

Police entered the room five minutes after the attackers left the room.

Was the video taken before the shooting started, or was Mrs. Vong unaware that the shooting had taken place and that the shooters had left the building?

The Police Chief said, in a press conference, that the first officers on the scene went right inside to deal with it. Maybe the shooters went out to their vehicle through a back or side door.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

At first, Dorothy Vong assumed it was a drill -- just like all the others at her work. ...

“Drill started,” she texted her husband, Mark, around 11 a.m.

She walked to a window nearby and filmed a video as law enforcement sprinted toward the building. ...

“They’re all geared up!” someone else says. “Rifles and everything!”

Did Vong say it was a drill because she saw the arrival of a SWAT team, or because she heard gunshots? Sounds like the cops "all geared up" showed up at the exact time the shooting started. That cannot be a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

It was one of those coincidental mornings.

ktla.com...

A call of multiple shots fired first came in at 10:59 a.m. from the area of 1365 S. Waterman Ave. The Police Department’s SWAT team was training nearby and was suited, “ready to roll” and responded rapidly, Lt. Richard Lawhead said.

www.latimes.com...

On Wednesday morning, she raced to find the hospital’s on-call emergency room physicians. Ambulances would be arriving soon with wounded patients. Loma Linda hospital is only three miles from the Inland Regional Center, the site of the attack.

Luckily, the on-call physicians were already in the hospital for a morning talk with doctors-in-training. “I pulled them out of the lecture hall,” Clem said.

She assembled 12 physicians -- triple the number that usually staff the ER -- and stationed trauma teams at the front entrance of the emergency room, ready to tend to patients as soon as ambulances pulled up.

. . .

As patients began arriving at the hospital, chaos descended on the community.

A manhunt for the killers unfolded close by. Loma Linda hospital received a bomb threat.

Some days are just like that, like a movie script.

edit on 7-12-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

i dont know man...

If we could make some statistical calculations...I think that statistical probability of these things occurring at the same time while the incident is occurring...and on multiple occasions is highly statistically improbable...unless planned that way.

Not that statistics can prove anything...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I agree. I was being a little ironic.

The bomb threat to the hospital, after the shooting event, is over the top for me. . . . and the K-9 unit cleared the hospital in under an hour!

Was the hospital even evacuated?

I'd like to know the details of the training exercise that SWAT was doing "nearby" just before the incident started.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is from a press release issued by Loma Linda University Medical Center:

us.vocuspr.com...

The Medical Center declared a code yellow alert at 2:30 pm in response to a bomb threat. Hospital protocols were initiated at the request of law enforcement personnel. The alert was lifted about an hour later, when experts determined the threat lacked credibility after a careful screening of the interior and exterior of the facility.

As part of the effort to ensure the safety of all students and faculty members, the University cancelled Wednesday classes in mid afternoon, and encouraged students to leave public areas of the campus.

Contrast this with the press release from a 2012 bomb threat incident:

us.vocuspr.com...

At approximately 8 a.m., Thursday, May 3, a male entered the Loma Linda University Medical Center Emergency Department (ED) requesting medical assistance. He advised staff he had an explosive device. ED doctors confirmed the patient was carrying some type of device. At that time, the patient was removed from the ED to the ED parking lot, accompanied by appropriate medical personnel where he was evaluated. The ED lobby and parking lot was immediately evacuated, and a perimeter was created.

Local police, fire and bomb squad responded to the scene. The West side of the campus was evacuated –Barton and Campus St, North to University, including the LLU School of Pharmacy and Nursing, and the Global Health Institute.

The bomb squad completed their evaluation and determined there was a suspicious device, which was recovered from the patient and deemed to be non-explosive. At approximately 11 a.m. the evacuation order was lifted and the campus was deemed clear and is in full operation. We have resumed admitting patients to the ED.

Is there a marked difference between the way these two situations were handled? It seems as if the less serious incident ("bomber" removed from building, carrying "device"/dud) was handled with greater thoroughness and diligence. I'm not really competent to judge that. It's just an impression.

new topics

top topics

join