It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny House Town, Calais, France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
With brew in hand, appreciative residents watch the action. 1:06.

All this activity is needed to provide the bare essentials for 6,000 people.

After a long day receiving help, the residents show their appreciation.

Lied to by the people traffickers and robbed of their savings, desperate migrants have been led into a morass. They need windows or a transparent wall in those tiny houses or cabin fever's going to drive them crazy.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I'm not sure about your slant on the refugees here as it is not the way I look at it, but your post was good education.

Those people helping them to this degree is well honourable. It made me feel like a right lazy arse. How kind they are to got to all that trouble building those shelters.

If I was one of those refugees I would be so thankful. For that reason I expect I would be one of those who does not try to get to England. I would want to cause minimal fuss and would have only been too grateful if France had taken me in from the cold.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
wow ... just wow

some ppl absolutely sicken me ... and am sometimes ashamed to be the same species as them ...
but other times .. other ppls sincere and unconditional help, kindness or compassion, leaves me with tears of joy and inspiration streaming down my face ...

thanks for sharing ....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

What's with the rock throwing and seeming lack of helping by the residents? Of course those two things could be taken out of context, so I'm not going to put much stock in those actions (or lack of action, as half of the case may be).

But as for the shelters, I've wanted to do something like for a while for a homeless guy that lives outside of my neighborhood in some woods, but I think city codes prohibit that, plus there's not really a place to put it that would be acceptable by the city. It kinda sucks, really.

Something similar even to what this guy did...nothing huge, but just something.

Or this:

edit on 3-12-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

That's lovely. I love true human compassion. I would show it anyone if I possibly could. They only have to ask. As long as they do not endanger me or abuse me, I am an open door to anyone who will have core human respect.

top topics

join