It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock Stars Get Rocked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Don't know if you've ever been through Calais recently mate but it's not a pleasant experience.

Sure, I recognise that it's far worse for those who are actually stuck there - for whatever reasons - but trying to intimidate people is NOT the way to garner support.

The FACT remains that there are many, and I mean MANY, unsavoury elements within the camp and I for one feel increasingly less inclined to feel sympathy for them the more I personally experience and hear.

Why would we want people who act like that in our country?
Surely we have enough problems as it is - and no, I don't just mean with Muslims / refugee's etc. The incompetence and gross negligence of successive governments and the dictates of the PC Brigade have ensured that we produce enough bottom feeders of our own!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The spook/fake activists can 'explain' it all for us. Seems a bit wordy, sounds like typical spook bs to me.

. . . we chose not to include footage of people throwing stones for several reasons:

Firstly, when the police fire tear gas, we are also there, getting gassed. Like the rest of the crowd, our attention is very much in the direction of the threat. This montage reflects our focus, on police violence.

Secondly, we don’t want to put anyone on film doing things that might jeopardise their safety, or be used against them. We always try to avoid filming people in the camp anyway (unless they specifically request to be filmed), because most people don’t like that intrusion. We try to avoid filming people in situations like the ones in this footage specifically because we also don’t want cameras facing the crowd to inhibit people taking action.

This video is not the whole story, but then, a lot of what makes up the struggle for the freedom of movement is invisible and remains powerful by being that way.

To those who say that the behaviour of the police in such situations is self defence, we say this is a backward logic. The idea that people throwing stones is equal to the violence backed up by the weight of the state is ridiculous. Just in the last week, several people we know of have ended up in the hospital with injuries either directly or indirectly caused by tear gas or rubber bullets. Throwing stones in these situations is self-defence.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join