It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers found to have been planting drugs on black people for years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Documents that have been obtained by the Alabama Justice Project has uncovered that a group of at least a dozen police officers that were apart of a specialized narcotics team, were planting guns and drugs on innocent black men and getting them charged, and it went on for over ten years. The documents also show that an internal investigation into the crimes were covered up by the district attorney. One of the two supervisors of the narcotics team at the time was then Sgt. Andy Hughes, the now Asst. Director of Homeland Security for the State of Alabama.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Heya, I'm afraid somebody already beat ya to it this time!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Allow me , if you will , to expand on your title just a bit

Police officers found to have been planting drugs on people since at least the early 70s

Now , isnt that better ?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Cops have been doing this to everyone, since back then. The fact of the matter is, the minority of people (blacks) commit the majority of the crimes. Thus, it would seem as if they do it only to blacks, which is untrue.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yup, the cops have been doing this to people of all races for a long time. Not just blacks. They usually do it to troublemakers. The problem is that sometimes a few completely innocent people get tagged because of improper opinions derived by the police. Just because someone does not completely agree with you does not mean they deserve to go to prison.

Most times the people who got stuff planted on them were involved in some sort of crime or had an attitude. I am not trying to justify this action by the police, I am just trying to show why they might have been doing it some of the time.

There was definitely a lot of misuse of this practice in the past by cops. But to say it only happened to blacks is not right, maybe in a predominantly black area, a lot of blacks were framed. But a lot of white people had this happen to them in white dominated areas too.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

Cops have been doing this to everyone, since back then. The fact of the matter is, the minority of people (blacks) commit the majority of the crimes. Thus, it would seem as if they do it only to blacks, which is untrue.

Do you have any proof of what your saying? Or are you just guessing??

It doesnt matter who they do this to, its a crime against ALL humans!
edit on 3 12 2015 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is nothing new.....ole Dave Chappelle even knew.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

well no i wouldnt say thats true
it would be more accurate to say blacks are caught and prosecuted for crimes far more often
but that could also be because enforcement in those areas is higher
and logically it would follow that with more enforcement you catch more of the crime that is occurring
and if you catch more criminals logically it would follow that you would step up enforcement

you can see where this is going right

there are many other factors at play but this is the root cause of quite a few of them right here

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And if you think it's just Alabama then I've got a deed to Santa's Workshop to sell you.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So cops only plant drugs on black people?

Cool story.

As a white person who has had a cop plant an illegal item on me to get information out of me (coincidentally, all he had to do was ask. He didn't need to plant a thing), I find this extremely biased information to be disturbing and you should be ashamed for spreading it.

new topics

top topics

join