It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS in America?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm just wondering what others think - is it possible the couple who perpetrated the San Bernandino attacks were working as part of ISIS? I noticed the news made no mention of this, but considering the names and the fact that the male had gone to Saudi Arabia, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess they were Muslims. Putting 2 and 2 together, Muslim+mass shooting = ISIS? I know it hasn't been confirmed and I'm not jumping to that conclusion, but is it out of the realm of possibility?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Even if , you will not hear that spoken by the current administration of the US. You will get more gun control and mass shooting speeches from an irrelevant President , probably in the early am .And it will be full of I ,I , I and me ,me ,me....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Imagine that - more gun control rhetoric after a mass shooting. It amazes me that the MSM isn't talking about this one statisic:

In mass shootings, how many people had guns?

Why does it not dawn on Americans that disarming makes people vulnerable to attack. Furthermore, pay attention to the history of gun control:

Hitler in Nazi Germany
the British in India
etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

the British in India

Gandhi actually stated , the darkest day was when the British took their guns.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

In mass shootings, how many people had guns?

Why does it not dawn on Americans that disarming makes people vulnerable to attack. Furthermore, pay attention to the history of gun control:

Because it doesn't. Japan has super, super strict gun control, and look at their mass shootings. Number of mass shootings in the US stopped by armed citizens? Ive read the odd urban legend on a mom who shot down a raving lunatic, and Im sure there are a couple documented cases, but whats the ratio? It sure as hell isn't that high.

Also, gun control in Nazi Germany was very specific, they took guns away from Jews and made it easier for Germans of proper rank to own/acquire them. So you could say stopping 'discrimination' is as useful as giving people more guns, since more guns didnt encourage Germans to help out Jews.

The point, is the argument is kind of moot. If you want to argue these points, at least back them with stats.

Though I don't care for a gun control argument either way, just wanted to point out the weakness in yours. I have argued both for and against, so don't take this as an invitation. I really don't care that much.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

the British in India

Gandhi actually stated , the darkest day was when the British took their guns.

Not really. Taken out of context in the manner you are implying:

This includes Mohandas Gandhi himself, whose words appear on countless pro-gun websites as follows: “Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.”

Pro-gun activists frequently use those words to suggest that Gandhi supported individual gun ownership both as a means of defending oneself and as a tool to violently resist government tyranny. But are these assertions true?

In that passage, Gandhi references India’s Arms Act of 1878, which gave Europeans in India the right to carry firearms but prevented Indians from doing so, unless they were granted a license by the British colonial government. The full text of what he wrote is: “Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest. If we want the Arms Act to be repealed, if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity. If the middle classes render voluntary help to Government in the hour of its trial, distrust will disappear, and the ban on possessing arms will be withdrawn.”

These words come from a World War I recruitment pamphlet that Gandhi published in 1918, urging Indians to fight with their British colonial oppressors in the war, not against them

wagingnonviolence.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho
No way to misinterpret the statement

“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.”

unless you are a gun control advocate. Nice try though.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

We haven't heard anything from ISIS them self, taking responsibility for the "attack". so i doubt there is a connection.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.”

Way to cherry pick your text. In comparison... Essentially you are mad you can't join the US Army?

Also, an anti gun control advocate can still think cherry picking and dishonesty about quotes taken out of context is bull. You have an actual argument besides 'they is want to take mer guns!'

edit on 3-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Way to cherry pick your text. In comparison... Essentially you are mad you can't join the US Army?

Also, an anti gun control advocate can still think cherry picking and dishonesty about quotes taken out of context is bull. You have an actual argument besides 'they is want to take mer guns!'

You may want to rethink and repost at least some of that.
1) No cherry pickin there , friend. That was straight from the source , not from some swayed website.
2) Just what the hell and where did the following come from ????

Essentially you are mad you can't join the US Army?

I was a member in good standing of the USAF SAC for 16 years.....

This shows a high level of ignorance (and mods , I am using the dictionary version , not the derogatory version)
Without knowing me , at all, you post tripe and rhetoric about me .(and confusing tripe at that)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So the sheep are actually eating this s*** up aren't they?

No it's not ISIS, and no it's not an act of terrorism. The only reason people are suspicious is the MSM is portraying it that way, when they don't even know what they are taking about.

And as a former hunter/marksman, I've come to the conclusion that people that want everybody to have a gun in this country are the ones with mental health issues.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

It's very easy to misinterpret a statement when you use only one sentence from a longer quote, as you have done. It's the very definition of cherry picking.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

No it's not ISIS, and no it's not an act of terrorism. The only reason people are suspicious is the MSM is portraying it that way, when they don't even know what they are taking about.

Aye,

It's part of a huge conspiracy by the Trilateral Commission, working in Cahoots with their bosses in the Vatican to take over the world. As part of this plan, the couple were drugged and reprogrammed under the CIA's top-secret "Operation Terror" (the real source of terrorism) to shoot as many people as possible before getting shot by law enforcement (the local police are kept in the dark due to the need for secrecy). Thus, Obama, speaking as the Bilderberg puppet, once again makes the case for gun control, depriving citizens of their right to defend the rights being eroded consistently. With the fourth amendment and 2nd amendment under attack, it's just a matter of time before Americans are taken from their homes in the middle of the night to be sent to FEMA camps.

Did I miss anything or was that pretty much spot on?

.........................shh, Big Brother is watching.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I was a member in good standing of the USAF SAC for 16 years.....

Ghandi's quote was about the British not letting the Indian's fight with them in the war.

These words come from a World War I recruitment pamphlet that Gandhi published in 1918, urging Indians to fight with their British colonial oppressors in the war, not against them

So again, here is the quote:

If we want the Arms Act to be repealed, if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity. If the middle classes render voluntary help to Government in the hour of its trial, distrust will disappear, and the ban on possessing arms will be withdrawn

What is it about responsible firearm ownership and military support, that is relatable to this situation?

This shows a high level of ignorance (and mods , I am using the dictionary version , not the derogatory version)
Without knowing me , at all, you post tripe and rhetoric about me .(and confusing tripe at that)

You posted it about yourself actually. Using that quote as a comparative, is essentially saying "If Americans would like their free gun laws back, we need to stop using them to shoot each other and join the military, to show the government we do know how to use firearms for a beneficial use."
edit on 3-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Stop the inane ramblings. Just where did I post anything like

You posted it about yourself actually. Using that quote as a comparative, is essentially saying "If Americans would like their free gun laws back, we need to stop using them to shoot each other and join the military, to show the government we do know how to use firearms for a beneficial use."

So , here comes my patented saying :
Game over , you are all out of tokens .

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well some ats people have been claiming that isis was sending a horde of terrorist to take over europe, im still waiting must be next week or something.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would say it is likely that this was done by some form of Islamic Extremist group, though I can't say specifically ISIS. The fact that this was obviously planned would show they had some coordinated efforts prior to the shooting. They also had to make the bombs they brought which takes a bit of time. They had armor and multiple weapons....not the typical for a mass shooter. The fact a woman was involved makes it even more likely to me that they were Islamic Extremists. How many women have you heard of involved in mass shootings? I can't even think of one off the top of my head. Now, how many have been involved in bombings, which these two had as well? While I can't name specific names, women and bombs are a staple of Islamic Extremists.

Gun control laws are obviously going to be brought up, but where they will always fail is how to keep them out of a criminals hands as they don't tend to care much about laws. If someone is hellbent on killing, they will. The fact these killers had bombs just goes to show that they were intending to kill via whatever means they had. Bombs are outright illegal altogether, yet they had some.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Well some ats people have been claiming that isis was sending a horde of terrorist to take over europe, im still waiting must be next week or something.

They won't send over a horde of anything to take over all at once....not their style. They will send them in to hit multiple targets over time to create fear.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I guess you missed the shooting in Paris and the threat against Brussels. Anyhow, maybe ATS was awash with rumors of a Muslim takeover of Europe. However, the danger of ISIS getting in among the refuges is real. Then again, maybe that's just what the governments want. Not pointing fingers (mainly b/c I don't know enough) - but one could suggest that the Paris attack was mighty convenient to the UK getting permission to conduct air strikes in Syria. Paris is a lot closer to London - sh#t just hit the fan, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So the story changed again, gotta love people who make stuff up as it goes. Im still waiting for isis to take over, do you have an eta, or we just have to wait till nothing happens lol.
edit on 3-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join