It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming HOAX Unravels

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just. Some. Additional. Information... that might round out the discussion.

Me? I don't KNOW one way or the other. What I suspect is that statistics and governmental powers are being manipulated and tweaked in order to perpetrate a fraud upon the people of the Earth, in order to benefit the few.

Do humans screw up their environment EVERY place they touch? Yes, certainly. Are we in the midst of a documented cycle, or are human impacts solely responsible for a semi-measurable elevation of mean surface temperatures? As said, I don't know. I strongly suspect there is a hell of a lot of money to made from it though.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OK. I want to ask a couple of questions and get some level headed answers. I never post but I'm a non-partisan- civilian- slave that has no reason to deny climate change or global warming. I merely have a couple burning questions as to how this is being handled.

Since global warming or climate change (whatever the meme) will ruin the Earth...Why cap and trade? Why not cap right now? Set a limit and annually reduce "carbon" output? If I had absolute evidence of this in my hands and I were a world leader then I would cap. I know that economy will suffer but who cares if we save humanity and the Earth?

Also..Since when did weather become climate? I was positive a few years ago that it was a big no no to confuse the two or use one to prove the other.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Come on ATS attack the arguments in the source not the source it self.

It is called poising the well and it is a fallacy to use this as a means to win an argument.

Please attack the message not the messenger.

Come on ATS deny ignorance, get with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What if the chem trails is to Make earth warm up?
so the can get the world to pay carbon tax.
and then they save the day.
just stopping chem trails.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: saintdopeium
OK. I want to ask a couple of questions and get some level headed answers. I never post but I'm a non-partisan- civilian- slave that has no reason to deny climate change or global warming. I merely have a couple burning questions as to how this is being handled.

Since global warming or climate change (whatever the meme) will ruin the Earth...Why cap and trade? Why not cap right now? Set a limit and annually reduce "carbon" output? If I had absolute evidence of this in my hands and I were a world leader then I would cap. I know that economy will suffer but who cares if we save humanity and the Earth?

Also..Since when did weather become climate? I was positive a few years ago that it was a big no no to confuse the two or use one to prove the other.

Once oil is mostly in safe hands....or when a revolutionary new energy solution replaces oil and the economies dependent on oil are stable enough to handle that transition...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The overwhelming amount of idiocy in this thread is sincerely and legitimately depressing. The fact that so many people believe that global warming is a hoax, and that basically every scientist in the dam world has conspired together to perpetrate it, is so mind-bogglingly idiotic that I'm beginning to think that we deserve to be wiped off of the planet.
I don't even know where to begin, or what is the dumbest thing I've seen posted here. Such an overwhelming amount of ignorance. (Although TiredofControlFreaks and CornShucker seem to be the most blatant offenders, along with the OP.)
it's all so overwhelmingly ignorant and moronic that it legitimately makes me sad.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Maroboduus because: n/a

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

And I cannot grasp, for the life of me, how so many people are dumb enough to believe that they are the only ones who think for themselves because they believe conspiracy theories.
I hate to break it to you, but believing every idiotic conspiracy theary that comes your way is the exact polar opposite of thinking for yourself. You are the ones who blindly follow. Combine it with your willingness to overlook and ignore (or simply not comprehend) concrete data and evidence and statistics, and... well, it's just pure stupidity.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Maroboduus because: n/a

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

and we are in yhe matrix

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Are you familiar with daytime non-storm flooding in Florida?

It's getting more common to see canals and seawalls being breached by water with the streets of Miami being flooded regularly. If you're looking for an all-at-once flood, you'll be disappointed. They call it nuisance flooding, but within a few years, it'll be a credible threat to their way of life.

The lack of foresight of deniers are amazing. Thermal expansion mixed with the melting of arctic ice will slowly put coastal areas at risk and will change the climate even further. We'll see it starting and our children will be the ones wagging their fingers at us because we were so shortsighted and ignorant. The only time people will care is when they are personally affected. Until then, they don't want to hear about climate change and you'd better not try to tell them to change how they live their lives because they don't see a problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here is a educational video to really explain the situation with earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ken10

I think actually anything INSIDE a greenhouse would be in a closed system !... But I was showing how heat CAN escape, and not just build up exponentially.

A closed system in classical mechanics would be considered an isolated system in thermodynamics. If you're letting sunlight and heat or anything else in it's not isolated. But this is really a different subject.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
You payin'?

I have to pay to see the raw data???

Yes I can understand the data, and apply it.

Ok, I was just asking.

Did you pay to see it also???

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

There is plenty to be depressed about in the upside down world fly solo, however people questioning the "authority" known as the IPCC is something I celebrate.

First things first, if this "scientific" consensus was truly concerned about what they purport, we would see them demanding industrialed hemp on a global scale. They could use their numbers and funding and quite literally make a dent in all that evil CO2. They would also be demanding the end of factory farming! We would see them join hands with all those ignorant hippies around the world and results would happen quickly!

This however is not what they do, we seem them linking hands with globalists demanding more government and taxes, the fact that so many people buy this crap, due to their loyalty to the church of science is what I find depressing.

If you have not ever heard of Maurice Strong I suggest you do some research, this man has been given much credit within the globalist circles for his "dedication to the environment" Now the hyprocrisy truly is staggering here considering where he got his fortune from.... wait for it..... the oil industry!

the irony of people claiming that people questioning global warming get their propaganda from the oil industry when in reality that would be the IPCC

Strong made his fortune in the oil and energy business running companies such as Petro Canada, Power Corporation, CalTex Africa, Hydro Canada, the Colorado Land and Cattle Company, Ajax Petroleum, Canadian Industrial Oil and Gas— to name just a few

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: saintdopeium

You wouldn't be a world leader for very long if you just capped with minor penalties. It's a serious expense to bring carbon emissions down and forcing everyone to do it immediately, would be bad for the economy. It's not happening fast enough though. Even the Pentagon is coming up with plans regarding the complications of global warming and dealing with how to conduct operations in the midst of drought, superstorms, and flooding.

That says to me that they've been handed an agenda that says we're going to have to deal with the problems created by global warming for much longer than we'll have to work on solutions to it.

As far as weather and climate, the two are interchanged more often than I'd like, but weather IS a component of the climate. Climate is a gauge of weather and conditions over a long slice of time. Weather is more like the current and very near future conditions.

I can't gauge if there will be a drought by checking the weather today, but gauging the overall climate over a certain period of history will give a good idea how severe a drought might be and how long it might last.

People are too concerned with the details over the warming/cooling periods and not concerned enough for the trends being spotted through historical data.

Using common sense is also something I don't see too much of on conspiracy sites. Looking at photograph/video of glaciers that have survived for thousands of years and have all but melted away. There are entire island countries like Tuvalu, Kiribati, Maldives and others that won't exist within 50 years and there's nothing that can now be done to save them, even if we were to stop all carbon emissions now.

I'm all for turning a skeptical eye towards science and statistics, but the vast majority of climate scientists are in agreement that it's too late to prevent damage and now we have a chance to mitigate the damage. If we don't take that chance, we'll be dealing with acclimating to our planet with the weather dictating conditions more than human achievements.

People aren't taking into account secondary effects like melting permafrost which could potentially release trillions of tons of methane into the atmosphere or CO2 saturation causing toxic algal blooms killing off whole sections of the food chain. Those are extinction level possibilities that have happened before according to climate and geological histories.

The argument is that climate change is either a hoax or not man made and just part of a natural cycle. The former is ignorant, and the latter is just hopeful, but neither idea is grounded in reproducible science.

Fixing it before it was a problem was going to be expensive and inconvenient. Now that it can't be fixed, mitigating it is going to cost even more and will be life threatening. If we do nothing still, then our existence is at stake. If I'm wrong, my ego and reputation might suffer, but if those others are wrong, your children are doomed to a terrifying existence. But hey, maybe they won't live long enough to worry about it?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes they are on that list, a list managed by climate change crusaders, but their numbers have increased in the last decade. Currently there are 26k polar bears.

Source

Neice.
edit on 3-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I have to pay to see the raw data???

not necessarily...if One has the technical skills to navigate through the data servers, and can get permissions; then the data may be freely available.

Did you pay to see it also???

No...I have those requisite skills...I also have various projects that give me temporary access to all sorts of data, sometimes it's quite exotic.

Another way is to pay attention; sometimes bits of that data is found scattered about...in articles, etc. Once found it can be included in an analysis.

The hard part with this data that is scattered about; is the validation of that data. I am fortunate enough to stumble upon all sort of "data" associated with a project.

edit on 3-12-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As far as doing something about it we will have to wait until something other than greed being the motivating factor

If we wait for that we really are doomed :-)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just let you know
China has attacked Australia
A month ago
And they are telling us now
A cyber attack
And it is still on going
The funny thing is they hacked
The bureau of meteorology

I wondered why
I think they are trying to expose
The climate change hoax
By stealing the true data

Our previous priime minister
Before he was removed made
Claims he was sceptical of
Climate change
And the bureau of meteorology

His replacement is selling us down the
Creek

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
I'm just curious... Does anyone ever look outside their windows and think to themselves... Woah... Am I breathing thàt? Surely that can't be healthy for me, my pets or plants...?

Let's say that global warming is complete and utter BS... Should we just shrug and say "Hey, the earth isn't heating up, so all is good! No problem."?

Ask someone living in Beijing if they can remember what the sun looks like... But it's fine. Let's do nothing.

Ya, what good is me paying a tax have to do with convincing China what to do.

You going to beg them, bomb them into lower pollution levels ??

You going to ask the very people responsible for the current situations and money making schemes to all stop ??

I am beyond sick to death that people are so emotional and believe if we just rally and take our punishments somehow things will get better.

I bet you believe all the official stories, THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

What in the world makes you believe megacorp is going to do things in a way that you believe is right, when that has NEVER HAPPENED in the entire history of this planet.

We need WW3 I guess,

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That site owner and creator has a very bad reputation for being a fraud

I would expect nothing less from the OP.

With all the droughts, heat waves, and plants and animals changing timing and territories only a very stupid person could not believe in climate change. How can seasons change a full 2-3 weeks without climate change happening? It's not possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join