It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to connect some UFO-phenomenon dots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Neill887

I'm sorry to say that I do not find this perspective particularly interesting at all. It's comparable to any sci-fi novel or TV series on the subject, but not entirely. The difference is that these people (referring to the books you mentioned) presents it as fact, when it is most definitely not. And that is somewhat disturbing.

If we're talking about a good sci-fi story, I prefer Babylon 5. Now that is an interesting story about alien civilizations and our part in the galactic society! Very, very well written!

My opinion on Greer, however, is largely reflected in most threads on ATS concerning his ongoing scams and charlatanry. I don't think we'll be able to find common ground on this subject, Neill. So in the interest of not derailing your thread, I'll withdraw and let you discuss the topic! I'm sure you'll find like minded enthusiasts that would love to discuss this with you!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neill887
But since there's quite a few high-ranking military personnel and astronauts, ex-CIA, etc. sharing their testimony about the UFO-phenomenon, I think you can classify that as good evidence.

Well, if somebody told you that your spouse was cheating on you, what kind of evidence would you like to have before you went over and shot them? And this would be for something that we know exists -- cheating spouses. Now take that requirement and amp it up to the point where it would prove to you something exists that we're not convinced exists at all. THAT would be good evidence.

Everybody's got an opinion, and everybody has heard stories. But as far as I'm concerned, even if the Pope and the President of the United States came on TV and said that aliens exist, they better be able to show us something that proves it. Right now, we're missing that something.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, if somebody told you that your spouse was cheating on you, what kind of evidence would you like to have before you went over and shot them? And this would be for something that we know exists -- cheating spouses.

If 5 total strangers come up to you and say your partner is cheating on you, would you take them seriously?
If 5 family members of your partner come to you and say your partner is cheating, would you take them seriously?

If 100 workers of a mining company and a bakery come to you and say aliens exist, how serious would you take them?
If 100 people from the military and from the space program come to you and say UFOs exist, would you take them a lot more seriously than the miners and bakers?

Now take that requirement and amp it up to the point where it would prove to you something exists that we're not convinced exists at all. THAT would be good evidence.

The fact of the matter is, we are in NO position at ALL to comment on the likelyhood of life in the universe based on the research we've done, since we've only had a look in our own solar system.

Skeptics often say about aliens "extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence". But we are in no position at all to say that aliens are extraordinary. We are in no position at all to comment on alien life from a sample of 1 (our own solar system), when there's about 200 billion stars in our own galaxy.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Neill887 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Skeptics often say about aliens "extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence". But we are in no position at all to say that aliens are extraordinary. We are in no position at all to comment on alien life from a sample of 1 (our own solar system), when there's about 200 billion stars in our own galaxy.

And true believers often conflate the likelihood of life existing elsewhere in the universe with that of humanoid aliens visiting the earth in spaceships which comprise "the U.F.O. phenomenon".

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

there's quite a few high-ranking military personnel and astronauts, ex-CIA, etc. sharing their testimony about the UFO-phenomenon, I think you can classify that as good evidence.
What astronauts? What evidence? The only thing I'm aware of some high ranking military officers reporting is seeing something they didn't understand, not aliens. I guess you can't rule out aliens if it's not known what they saw but still aliens isn't the only possible conclusion. It's unknown.

So by jumping to aliens you're making a big leap from evidence which has no aliens specifically. And you're making an even bigger leap from astronauts.Ed Mitchell seems to have the strongest statements yet he personally didn't see ANYTHING! So his statements of belief don't mean much to me and I'm not sure why they do to anybody.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If 5 total strangers come up to you and say your partner is cheating on you, would you take them seriously?
If 5 family members of your partner come to you and say your partner is cheating, would you take them seriously?

Even then, if you were a reasonable person, you would want more. You'd want to confront your spouse and hear it from them personally. You'd want photos of your spouse in the act. I would need more, anyway. Like I said, you apparently like to believe stories with no proof.

If 100 workers of a mining company and a bakery come to you and say aliens exist, how serious would you take them? If 100 people from the military and from the space program come to you and say UFOs exist, would you take them a lot more seriously than the miners and bakers?

I don't want to believe anybody. It doesn't matter to me if they're children or the President, if somebody tells me aliens exist, they better show me something that has been tested and proven.

We are in no position at all to comment on alien life from a sample of 1 (our own solar system), when there's about 200 billion stars in our own galaxy.

Absolutely true. Just because there is one doesn't mean there are any others. There are plenty of unique things in the universe, and life on this planet might just be one of them. And until somebody comes up with something besides stories and a statistical guess at hypothetical aliens, all we can say is that at the moment we only know of one planet with life on it.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Searching the interwebs for "alien agenda", it appears all over the map. On the surface, it seems like the answer is mostly experimentation. Who really knows, maybe there are multiple agendas at work, or the agendas have changed. There is so little information.

www.karlaturner.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like the idea of the thread, would be interested in hearing other peoples theories.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
buy a camera man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join