It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO plans to bolster Turkey’s air defense at Syrian border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Meeting in Brussels, NATO foreign ministers have agreed that the situation on Turkey's border with Syria and Iraq is “highly unstable” and committed to bolster Turkey's air defense, amid efforts to defuse tensions between Turkey and Russia after Ankara shot down a Russian jet last week due to an airspace violation.
Attending the Brussels meeting, US Secretary of State John Kerry also said on Wednesday that Turkey and the US will consult on how air and ground forces will cooperate to close the Syrian-Turkish border as well. US President Barack Obama on Tuesday called on Turkey to do a better job of sealing its Syrian border.

NATO allies plan to send patrol aircraft and missiles to boost Ankara's air defense, after the decision by Germany and the US to remove their Patriot missile batteries from Turkey. Spain is the only NATO ally that has Patriots in Turkey's Adana province.
"We must make full use of the capabilities we have to counter threats on NATO's southern flank," Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius told Reuters in Brussels during meetings with other NATO foreign ministers, as offers of ships and aircraft began to trickle in from allies.

"We must support our ally Turkey," he said. Diplomats said measures are likely to include more ships from NATO members in the eastern Mediterranean, more NATO planes based at the Turkish base in İncirlik and more missile defense batteries in addition to that of Spain. Foreign ministers said in a statement that the situation on Turkey's border with Syria and Iraq was "highly unstable" and committed to increase Turkey's air defenses, which they described as "assurance measures."

"We remain determined ... to continue developing additional NATO assurance measures and allies are working to prepare other possible contributions," the ministers' statement said...

NATO plans to bolster Turkey’s air defense at Syrian border

Other Sources: NATO to deploy command ships, aircrafts to Turkey in new defense measure

I am sure many have already come to terms with it, that the idea of World War 3 seems very likely these days with worldly headlines regarding world politics and middle east.

NATO as suspected, have plans to build up military presence in the Turkish-Syrian border. Here was a comment of mine from a related thread from yesterday.

Germany commits to anti-ISIS coalition

hmmm...is this not NATO's plans of also beefing up their military presence in that area, since Russia has openly vowed to beef it's operations against ISIS amidst the downing of the Russian jet by Turkey.

I mean, if there aren't any NATO presence there in Syria, if SHTF between Turkey and Russia than it be a disadvantage for NATO, so I see this move by Germany a kind of race to increase military presence in that area, in case the bear devours the Turkey in the not so distant future, by the looks of things escalating thus far.

Pretty worrying developments to say the least..

Once you have news like this coming our way, it is clear there is a race for military build-up by both the Russians and the NATO in support of Turkey.

However, the military build-up, as NATO claims is targeted as a coalition against ISIS, but is also stated as "efforts to defuse tensions between Turkey and Russia ".

All in all, this does not look good one bit, the war of words between Russia and NATO is also escalating, as Russia accuses Turkey's involvments with ISIS, while Erdogan and US through one of it's spokesmen "categorically" denies this claims..

US categorically rejects alleged Turkish involvement in ISIL oil trade

What can really go wrong here folks to start of major war in this region? I sit here seeing no end to this, there since hasn't been any political coalition between Russia and the West regarding the Syrian Crisis, and now this has really gotten very little to do with ISIS, as this has become a military buildup between the Kremlin and NATO backed Turkey...

edit on 2-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Saw this already ... it was obvious, that Stolzenberg is threatening a nuclear war with Russia.

I wonder if the Russians are up to the challenge.

What I see here, is a test of arms ... NATO, siding with ISIS and Germany in their attempt to create a new Ottoman/German roman empire. Against Russia ... ISIS is just a ruse, we all know ISIS is created by the western war consortium.

Now, the real challenge ... who will maintain air superiority over Syria ... will win.

With all the players in place, Russia will have a hard time here ... unless China joins them. But personally, I'd rather see a nuclear war ... than a return of Ottoman and Nazis in Europe ... no more dark ages, thanks. So, I truly hope the Russians are able to stand up to the challenge here. Not because I like the Russians, just hate the alternative.

edit on 2/12/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Editing post- due to second thought of potential thread drift

This has all the making of WW3 in action.

The various factions on both sides throughout the middle east are armed to the teeth, it is a literal powder keg.

If this kicks off between NATO and Russia it is the green light for all parties, to use the weapons they have, to many knives upon too many throats, may the gods help us avoid this cataclysm!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmWednesday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

War between Russia and Turkey backed NATO, can potentially bring in other nations in on the fight, I just hope it does not have to end up being a nuclear war.

But one's gotta ask what are the chances of there being no nuclear war if SHTF here. They just don't make this things not to use them in the end, especially when your enemies are as militarily superior than you are.

edit on 2-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

War between Russia and Turkey backed NATO, can potentially bring in other nations in on the fight, I just hope it does not have to end up being a nuclear war.

Well, how crazy is the world, when the Russians appear on the "right" side?

Seeriously.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Starting a major world war will not fix the problems with the economy. I think it will solve the overpopulation problems in the world though. They will have to start a new....go forth and multiply and fill the earth rumor again.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Most likely sabre-rattling . Back to the old Cold War days apparently . Although a lot of the world has learned since then that that entire deal was nothing but political made-up BS for all sides.
The old saying - fool me once....should apply here for all the people of the world.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is really eye opening to see the working of globalist influences in the most powerful meetings, and their ability to persuade decisions. To willfully ignore the fact that the whole observing world community now knows CIA armed indirectly funded Islamic rebels now ISIS to destabilize Syria to remove and replace another middle east leader for the 4th time. Then when that failed, the globalist machine takes a catastrophic step at backing Turkey by NATO to usher in WWIII all while the economy is being engineered to collapse just in time for the first strike against Russian backed Syria. Only because the NWO can't control the currency of a few sovereign nations. When Turkey gets thrown under the NATO bus, and the Elitists have a tantrum, "buckle up Dorothy because Kansas is going bye-bye".

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Well, how crazy is the world, when the Russians appear on the "right" side?

Seeriously.

Good point really...

There can only be one Super Power, or else the New World Order, plans cannot possible eventuate as planned...

It's a crazy world indeed..

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Most likely sabre-rattling . Back to the old Cold War days apparently . Although a lot of the world has learned since then that that entire deal was nothing but political made-up BS for all sides.
The old saying - fool me once....should apply here for all the people of the world.

The political made-up BS, as I see it ... is ISIS.

It sounds like a "rehearsal" to the Afghan war ... Everybody going down to Syria, to bomb "bin ladin", whose actually hiding in Pakistan and all the time, he appears on TV, getting younger and younger, and finally caught red handed on dialysis.

Now, if they really hate these ISIS dudes ... that is going to require "boots on the ground". As the only thing they are bombing from planes, is the infrastructure of the country. The oil, oil fields, oil delivery ... the US bombing it "slowly" over 4 years, is to impoverish the country and throw it into civil disobedience and civil war ... deliberately.

And if the ISIS dudes, really want their Calphate ... why bomb the Russians when they came there. The Russians weren't targeting ISIS, and ISIS should have been really glad somebody that opposed US/UK was in play.

So, if I sommerise my "belief". ISIS is western created to control the oil fields ... oil is delivered, on the black market, bought cheap. Control over the fields, is absolut. Oil is delivered to "somewhere", who requires it in their desperation as of failing economy. Who also stretches to gain control over gas lines, say Ukraine, and gas fields in the east ... say Donetsk, Crimea, Black Sea. Russia, doesn't want a war in Ukraine ... too close to Russian territory, counters by moving into Syria, blocking Turkey's grand Ottoman dreams. Russian planes "spy" over Turkey and oil delivery with their bomber planes (The Su24, guess they have bomb run cameras that can picture the ground up close). Turkey shoots the plane down, message being "don't interfere with our grand plans". Russia replies by damaging the oil delivery and production on a grand scale. Turkey decides to block the Bosphorous, as Russia moves their ships there ... but NATO tells Turkey not to, as that will also block NATO's chances of moving naval ships into the black sea for deployment against Russia in Ukraine. So, the strait is opened again ... Russia reveals all the oil delivery to main stream media, for the purpose of gaining public knowledge of the act (propaganda war, gaining public awareness hoping for a demonstration in US, Europe). NATO replies with open threats, moves to create a "safe zone" in Syria, which in reality is to "guarantee safe delivery of oil and gas".

So, how am I doing so far?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Very , very well .And I do not star posts unless I feel they deserve one. Yours deserves 2.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

They are guilty as sh** simply because their inaction against ISIS and its supporters
and their inability to adhere to international law.
The rest is just insult to intelligence.

The USA can and have stomped entire countries in less time than this.
obviously this isn't the plan
ISIS was their casus beli for a no fly zone so their covert rebels/isis could steal resources, destroy or damage industry and advance on Damascus
create the problem be the solution.

NATO and the UN were designed to prevent war, not encourage it, turn a blind eye to it.

edit on 3-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Must say, you're on the money!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
they should rather investigate the turkey - ISIS relation.
seems they work together.
and if really true, turkey is in bed with our enemy and should therefore be kicked out of nato!
not protected by us!

sick and twisted world...

new topics

top topics

join