It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On San Bernardino Shooting: 'We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well people here we are once again. Before the bodies are even cold. Before any of us even know what the real facts are. With the San Bernadino shooter(s) at large. Obama acts like Obama because as a general rule he doesn't even wait for facts. Same old. Same old from our 'fearless leader.

Hes running his mouth pushing the same thing he has been for the past seven YEARS.

President Barack Obama commented Wednesday on the shooting in San Bernardino, California, where at least 14 people were killed and an additional 14 were injured according to police. "We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world, and there's some steps we could take, not to eliminate every one of these mass shootings, but to improve the odds that they don't happen as frequently, common-sense gun safety laws, stronger background checks," Obama said during an interview with CBS News' Norah O'Donnell.

Obama On San Bernardino Shooting: 'We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

Mr. Sensitivity: At Paris News Conference, Obama Says Mass Shootings Only Happen In America

Obama pushes for gun control after Planned Parenthood shooting

16 Times Obama's Shame

Let's not forget California has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Let's not forget that current administration has been arming ISIS with 'weapons of war' in Syria.

Let's not forget that the current administration role during Fast and Furious arming Mexican Drug Cartels.

Let's not forget everything he has been giving those people in other countries he wants banned here.

Truth, Justice, and the American way.

Golf clap Mr, President.

The bodies aren't even cold.
edit on 2-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
We need every ameican to be armed and able to defend themselves! How many people would have lost their lives if 28 of the 14 dead and 14 injured had been armed?! Seriously! It infuriates me that they think its a good idea to take away out right to defend ourselves. Guns will always be in the hands of those who wish to do harm. At lat let us have a fighting chance! a reply to: neo96

+43 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

Correct - mental health issues.

Since there's almost a billion guns in the US alone, the pattern ain't guns otherwise everyone in the US would be dead if law-abiding, mentally stable, gun owning US citizens just suddenly woke up one day and started killing in the name of...

As I said before - gun control has little to do with guns and everything to do with control.

So, Obama - whats the "pattern" with Islamic terrorists killing people? since you're all about collectively punishing everyone because of the actions of the few.

The US government hates the 2nd amendment and wants to completely disarm the US public - remember that every time there is a mass shooting and the Prez comes onto propaganda platforms insisting on "gun control" whilst completely ignoring the root cause of mass shootings.

He's like a stupid predictable broken record player.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Sublimecraft because: clarification

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

What problem is that ?

Everyone has charts.

Besides going around shooting people is against the law anyways.

Or do you support Obama and eroding the 2nd through the 10th amendments, and the 14th amendments, and want to deny gun owners their rights to due process, and crimes be proven in courts of law.

After your last thread about the 4th.

I'd expected you to be against 'gun control'.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toseekthetruth
We need every ameican to be armed and able to defend themselves! How many people would have lost their lives if 28 of the 14 dead and 14 injured had been armed?! Seriously! It infuriates me that they think its a good idea to take away out right to defend ourselves. Guns will always be in the hands of those who wish to do harm. At lat let us have a fighting chance! a reply to: neo96

This is one of the most absurd replies ever, the answer to gun violence is more guns.

How that makes sense to you, is crazy. Would you throw more fire on a fire to put it out?

+7 more 
link   

It is a pattern. D o you feel it is TOO SOON to call Pattern??? I am also guessing that the President may possess a few facts that you do not. In specific to this. He probably possesses a few million facts that you do not, in general.

He has not been giving anything directly. Just like Unicef, half of it ends up where it was not supposed to go.

And if the President had waited to speak, you would have complained about that too.

link   

I too am an Obama critic on many issues but we can’t blame him for whatever ails America in terms of this mass murder (usually gun violence), this is Obama's philosophy, gun control.

He has a right to it

I'd be more worried about this country than Obama’

He can’t heal this

This wound in America is deeper and greater than any president

Now if this turns out to be ISIS

Obamas in big trouble

...and he deserves all the scorn he'll get for downplaying the threat

edit on 2-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
But we do have a problem.. Challengers from the Sidelines
Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right

Absolutely. You are correct.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Sorry, but I believe that gun ownership without psychological vetting, registration and licensing should be treated as intent to inflict bodily harm and prosecuted criminally.

You cannot safely hammer nails in with a loaded gun. Its purpose is plain and singular. Its effects are historically and statistically proven.

In other countries, gun ownership does not equate to the numbers of gun related deaths that America has (per capita of gun owners).

If there had been unrestricted gun ownership in Paris recently, would it have averted the killings? Nope.

Would it have reduced the numbers killed? Possibly not (many could have also been killed by stray ordinance, as well as the terrorist bullets).

I am not decrying gun ownership everywhere, it is just plain that in some countries, legislation seems to produce safer gun ownership.

edit on 2/12/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Right...is it the guns, or the prevailing social sentiment? Graphs don't tell anyone story at all regarding reasoning. I recall nibs making an entire post about organic food not being any more nutritious than conventional, yet that isn't the argument now is it?

edit on 2-12-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well people here we are once again. Before the bodies are even cold. Before any of us even know what the real facts are. .

Yep here we are once again, a pro gun thread defending their guns. Never mind that 13 or so people were just killed by guns.

The fact is, a gun were used in the mass killing, not bats, not cars, not knives..etc guns.

Unless he was talking about some other incident.

link   
We have a mass shooting problem. It wasn't said that we have no other problems.

I find the wearing of pink and red together a problem, but it has nothing to do with mass shootings. I find smoking tobacco a problem, but it has nothing to do with mass shootings.

link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Right...is it the guns, or the prevailing social sentiment? Graphs don't tell anyone story at all regarding reasoning.

I linked that graph to a 100 page study with facts and stuff...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What needs to be addressed is "how are the mentally ill" allowed to still have access to guns?

But we can't talk about that because. well because they twist the call for making it harder for these people to get guns into "they are coming for your guns"
edit on 2-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Sorry, but I believe that gun ownership without psychological vetting, registration and licensing should be treated as intent to inflict bodily harm and prosecuted criminally.

Well now I wonder how Americans every got along without it.

For over 200 years the background check. Asking the state for permission. Then according to a given set of rules. A person might be granted their constitutional RIGHT to own one.

It wasn't until recently was that created. Because of FEAR MONGERING from Obama, and his party.

A right is a RIGHT.

People do not have to ask the states permission to exercise it.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That is insane itself and unconstitutional. All you obvious city people, who don't raise livestock and fruits and veggies, but rather buy your sustenance from others have this same ignorant rant based on a total disconnect from the natural world.

I need a gun or two just to run my farm, should I humanely Inject the next rabid coyote?

(post by mekhanics removed for a manners violation)
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Mentally ill people do not have access to guns.

Because the LAW. TWO of them. Verbatim says they are not allowed to own them.

The Gun Control Act of 1968. and the Brady Law of the 90s.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

That is insane itself and unconstitutional. All you obvious city people, who don't raise livestock and fruits and veggies, but rather buy your sustenance from others have this same ignorant rant based on a total disconnect from the natural world.

I need a gun or two just to run my farm, should I humanely Inject the next rabid coyote?

Explain to me how you managed to turn "making it harder for mentally ill people to gain access to gun" into "they are coming for your guns."

If you have no pans to go on a shooting spree, I am pretty sure your gun are safe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join