It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Today - Syria - Modern Life is Rubbish.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
At 10am this morning I saw two fighter jets heading south.

At 11am I saw some propaganda in the local news. An old vet. urging us to bomb Syria.

I heard Cameron talking about the child raping maniacs we need to kill.

Everywhere I look there's headlines telling me we need to bomb Syria. The latest report on TV was emphasising how precise our weapons are (definitely won't be accidentally bombing hospitals).

No attempt to stop the funds to ISIS.

No attempt to stop the oil trade.

No attempt to stop the dirty money.

Just bombs.

Yet I watch the live report on BBC and in the background, loudly: "Don't bomb Syria!"

We have no power against this coalition of the Government, the media and corporations. Just feel blessed you are not brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I think their goal is just to destabilaze the region more and more every day. We should try to gain local people, gain their trust. Then we can fight on the ground. People are the power, not bombs or drons.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yep, it is fast becoming about de-throning Assad again.

Which is a stupid, STUPID thing to get involved in. Russia is firmly aligned with Damascus and it has friends - Iran and Hezbollah just for starters. How can our western leaders possibly think that this is going to end up in anything other than an absolute bloodbath? And all over a small country that has very little oil or other natural resources that are worth fighting over anyway?

The west has lost it's god damned mind!

The absolute minimun we should be doing is leaving Syria the hell alone so Russia can sort it out if we don't want to work with them.

Why are we opposing them?

Who really cares about Assad? Even if he remains in power his country has been reduced to ash and rubble. There is nothing left for him to rule over practically, it will take a generation to rebuild what everyone's bombers have destroyed.

edit on 2-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

We know it's wrong. We know the truth. Those old men in parliament only care for their own gain.

People are indeed power. But our people are defeated by propaganda. Materialism. Fabricated angst.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Would we not be breaching International laws by bombing in a country we're not at war with?

Or does the War In Terrorism give us the legal right to bomb in any country we choose to if we say there are terrorists there?

And how come we get to choose who are terrorists and who are 'freedom fighters'?

And how much is this actually going to cost the UK tax payer? Wouldn't we be better off spending that money on other things.......any things that AREN'T BOMBS!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

What you say is true.

What worries me is that this decision was made months ago, years ago. But this time around the sham of making the public believe it is playing out in a parliament vote is so false that only a hamster would believe. Yet, we are a nation of hamsters, it seems.

Life is frustrating.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

How dare we ally ourselves with Moscow and try to save the last Christians in the ME. Just the opposite. Stupid Cameron will now get rid of Assad and Christians will be cleansed just like happened in Syria. This stinks

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Liberia, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq - all success stories to be proud of.

Yet the population still sits and laps it up.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Mekad said we are supporting the wrong side - terrorists
Cameron may be sick of Isil but he supports tye terrorists at the same time they all piss in the same pot

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I don't get it either.

The action will be, at best, token, being that America, France, and Russia are already bombing over there. How will this translate to you and I being safer in our country? Answer: not at all, it's likely to increase the risk, at least in the short term.

If Syria was nuked we wouldn't be any safer because IS isn't a localised thing, it's in the hearts and minds of millions of Muslims the world over. The danger to us comes not from Syrian IS fighters but from so-called "British" Muslims.

Only when Muslims are repatriated to Muslim lands will our population actually be safer; any half-assed measures like bombing (insert the name of the area of the god-forsaken sh!thole called the Middle East of your choice) are a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Yep, it is fast becoming about de-throning Assad again

Why are we opposing them?

Who really cares about Assad? Even if he remains in power his country has been reduced to ash and rubble. There is nothing left for him to rule over practically, it will take a generation to rebuild what everyone's bombers have destroyed.

Well at a guess

I figure it's about the NWO having their own puppet governments in control of these countries.
Assad is no puppet

And they do have oil, simple google search

Russia don't want them controlled by the West.

If Isis oust Assad then the west can oust Isis without to many ramifications

we arnt opposing them, the people we elected are

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

They only have a tiny amount of oil. The best reserves are over the border in Iraq.

It's about Assad refusing to be a puppet.

ETA it can't be about oil. See below for a new and virtually not spoken about oil discovery in my home state. Yep, that's right, Australia is sitting on the word's second largest oil reserves. And they have not even been exploited yet!

$20 trillion oil shale find at Cooberpedy

You'll also notice that Syria didn't even make it to the infographic.

edit on 2-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Assad is no puppet

Except for the Russians. Whoops.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HumberWarrior

Amen that's the truth...but they pay people to point fingers right and left...I'm glad to see your thoughts on the whole enchilada

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Touche

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Seems you are right, I wonder if they have good deposits though

Heard somewhere SA found huge new Gold deposits as well

Poor old South Australia
Now they will have to support the welfare states of Victoria and NSW as well as two average footy teams
edit on 2-12-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not that I am aware of. I think Syria sits on the edge of the oilfields in Iraq and that is about it. At 34th in the world ranking for oil production, Vietnam produces more lol.

Syria is pure political madness. It's all about the USA building an empire. There is nothing there (natural resources anyway) worth fighting over for a foreign country.

As for SA, it looks like the Malcolm in the middle state might get it's time in the spotlight. Perhaps moving here was a good idea after all lol.

top topics

join