It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we do about one of the biggest threats in modern times?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: gosseyn

Are you saying that there is no such thing as mental aberration? I'm not saying you are, i'm just clarifying.

define "mental aberration".

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Antidepressant medication was discovered by chance in the 1950s. Violence and murder have been around for thousands of years. I don't think anything has actually changed, it is the advent of social media which gives the impression that it occurs more now than previously.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm Certified Nuts. Ask me questions.

Everyone has some degree of mental bent. No one is completely normal.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Mental Aberration- All cases in which the analytical mind is impaired.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: deadlyhope

People with debilitating, chronic illness are likely on antidepressants. Terminally ill people. They don't need added stress of being raided because they take antidepressants.

All a person in these groups would need to do to prevent being raided , is join the Progressive Liberal party. And , by the way , I fit into 2 of those groups..

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Sympathies for your pain.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan

Mental Aberration- All cases in which the analytical mind is impaired.

Are you asking 'what do we do with failures in logic ?'

Well, reality is made of intricate relations between causes and effects. We need to have a structure of thought that is similar to the structure of reality. Reality is also made of facts, and it is not made of ideology or prejudices and biases. The best method humans have invented to investigate reality is the scientific method, which eliminates prejudices and sets the focus on facts. That is why we have hard sciences which keep improving while at the same time we often use social values and concepts which are often outdated and for some of them are thousands years old (religion, economy, politics, education, etc.).

Having a thought model that is similar in structure to the structure of reality enables predictability. That's why we are able to build constructions that last for centuries or even millennia, while social structures go from disaster to disaster (wars, economic crisis, political corruption and dictatorships, etc.).

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Personally I think psychiatrists/psychologists have an extremely limited, dim understanding of mental illness. Drugs are more like a band-aid than anything else, and often worsen the situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join