It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star wars: A New Rant…..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have you seen the comics lately?

Captain America is the Falcon so he's black, Thor is a woman, Hulk is a Korean American kid...it's a feel good rainbow ad now. I'm far from racist but it's getting a little ridiculous. Soon we'll have Timmy from South Park as Iron Maiden just to get the "handicapable" PC nod.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

To be honest I'm not as well versed in the EU as some of the other posters here apparently are, but the stuff I'm aware of it's pretty cool and I'm disappointed that it won't be in the new movies. I'm also still holding back reservations for the movie. After all, look what JJ did to Star Trek... He turned a show about intergalactic peace and exploring the universe into another Star Wars.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No offense, but not all of us can be elitist jerks like you. I've been a lifelong fan of Star Wars and I don't have every side character memorized. Darth Bane? Nope. Hans Wife? What? But to say I'm less of a fan than you because I haven't memorized every tidbit of detail thrown at me, or to imply that I'm just hopping on the bandwagon? Get real...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Dude I'd "friend" you twice over if ats allowed it. You mentioned the grand admiral and that's all there needs to be said. Zahns books were by far the absolute very best of the EU. I'm personally pissed that jj Abrams isn't putting him in the movie

Also nothing can match the tie defender. Except maybe an imperial missile boat.

I hope out there somewhere in the EU mith'raw'nuruodo is patiently waiting and planning

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Knowing JJ Abraham he will he will start the film by going back in time and blow Corscant up (with lenses flares) and create a alternate time line and make the starwars universe into a startrek one

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

No offense, but not all of us can be elitist jerks like you. I

No offence but not all of us like repackaged #e that EA and Disney are famous for handing out!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Agreed on the JJ thing. I'm not as well versed on the old EU stuff either. I read the Thrawn trilogy, some Dark horse (and old Marvel with the jedi rabbit) comics, played KOTOR, but was burned out by soooo much garbage that I just didn't want to Star Wars anymore.

I'm keeping open for this movie. A little scared after reading an interview with Andy Serkis the other day who of course plays a digital character. On set they had him on a two story scaffolding with loudspeakers to deliver his lines...the supreme leader of the would be new empire might be a smart rancor or some equally large creature. It makes sense. The images of the big nazi-esque rally have a GIANT curtain in the background...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Dude I'd "friend" you twice over if ats allowed it. You mentioned the grand admiral and that's all there needs to be said. Zahns books were by far the absolute very best of the EU. I'm personally pissed that jj Abrams isn't putting him in the movie

Also nothing can match the tie defender. Except maybe an imperial missile boat.

I hope out there somewhere in the EU mith'raw'nuruodo is patiently waiting and planning

To me Thrawn and Mara Jade will also be Cannon and Alpha-class Xg-1 assulat gunboat for the win!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

No offense, but not all of us can be elitist jerks like you.

Why do you think it is ok to call me a "elitist jerk" I was quite clear in the OP that i was not attacking anyone personally rather I was attacking the way that our nerdy sub-culture has been taken over then milked for cash.

Dude no need to be so harsh.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Well in JJ's credit, he HAS said that he wants to use more practical effects than digital ones. Keep in mind, in the hey day of practical effects and the dawn of digital effects, movie creators understood that digital effects looked crappy so they knew how to hide them right. So it's really a wait and see, but I'm still a bit pessimistic.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Don't forget, new Luke Skywalker has to travel to a remote planet and somehow find old Han Solo followed by old Han giving advise to new Han to save new Luke later in the movie.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: stolencar18

No offense, but not all of us can be elitist jerks like you.

Why do you think it is ok to call me a "elitist jerk" I was quite clear in the OP that i was not attacking anyone personally rather I was attacking the way that our nerdy sub-culture has been taken over then milked for cash.

Dude no need to be so harsh.

To be honest, George Lucas wasn't adverse to milking the Star Wars franchise for cash either. I only have to point to this:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: crazyewok

Don't forget, new Luke Skywalker has to travel to a remote planet and somehow find old Han Solo followed by old Han giving advise to new Han to save new Luke later in the movie.

If thats the case.....

O wait thanks to JJ Abraham Picard likley doesnt #ING EXISTS!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Specifically I am looking at you. EA…. Seriously you morons took one of the best games ever Star Wars Battlefront, turned it into some very pretty dog crap all for £50 but then have the cheek to ask us to pay out another £40 for the rest of the game. What!

]

What makes things worse is that a lot of these same people will go out and buy EA’s latest heap garbage then their season pass as well. Thus telling companies like EA this kind of crap is ok

I held back my urges,

IN a way I am glad I did, have heard much of the same from many sources about the game,

All agree that the visuals and sound are simply breathtaking and mind blowing for fans and non fans alike, but its not worth the price of admission for a game that many will get over after a few hours.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

To be honest, George Lucas wasn't adverse to milking the Star Wars franchise for cash either. I only have to point to this:

ohhh god no no that holiday special!!!

But yeah your right he really milked it as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

They should've at least put a single player campaign.

Yeah, that made it easier to hold off on buying it.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If chewi dies I aint kidding JJ better watch his back and if Han dies he had best hire 27 ex green berets for body guards cos me mam will get him

Do you have a feeling that it will be Han?

I do too.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I should have linked to this.

Star Wars Holiday Special: Rifftrax

It's the only way to watch it and maintain your sanity.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well in JJ's credit, he HAS said that he wants to use more practical effects than digital ones. Keep in mind, in the hey day of practical effects and the dawn of digital effects, movie creators understood that digital effects looked crappy so they knew how to hide them right. So it's really a wait and see, but I'm still a bit pessimistic.

JJ created practical effects creatures and vehicles he hopes will be used for the next two movies or more. That's love for something he holds dear to his heart. I swear the guy never sleeps. Or he has a twin.
I can imagine in the productions of the next movies someone yelling, "Hey, do we have a Hutt in good condition for this shot?" "Well, yeah, JJ Made twelve of them do you want a Hutt dude or a chick?"

I think he took that blank check Disney gave him and made sure we'd never see production values on par with the prequels. Even though he's out after this first movie. Probably aged him a decade in the three years it was in production.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

ohhh god no no that holiday special!!!

But yeah your right he really milked it as well.

But unsubtitled Wookie Life Day!!!
And the first appearance of Boba Fett!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join