It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star wars: A New Rant…..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ok so let me be clear from the Star Wars nerd, I watch all of the movies at least once a year, have the tattoos, watch the tv shows, read the books and devour the comics. My tickets for Episode 7 have been booked for weeks and now and I don’t care how over hyped it may be every time I think about seeing that rolling title again the 7 year old boy that dwells with me in pees just a little bit.

So why the rant….

I’ll tell you why….

I am sick of people cashing in on the franchise, milking the money cow of the force for every penny they can. Specifically I am looking at you. EA…. Seriously you morons took one of the best games ever Star Wars Battlefront, turned it into some very pretty dog crap all for £50 but then have the cheek to ask us to pay out another £40 for the rest of the game. What!

When did it become ok to sell customers half a product, come to think of it’s actually half of a game because it kind of sucks held my attention for probably about 8 hours or so. This game was made for one purpose to empty the bank accounts of the fans, because inflating the prices of the Cinema tickets is not enough.

Then there is all the crappy merchandise that is kicking around, every shop now seems to be selling some plastic thing with Kelo Ren’s face plastered over the front. What was a crappy Captain America mug 4 months ago is today a crappy Kelo Ren mug.

These things are everywhere and people are queuing up to buy them either because they think it’s cool and makes them “star wars nerd” that seems to be quite fashionable this year or because they think that this mass produced crap is going to be a valuable collectable in a decade. The latter group is really annoying me, they guys who thanks to all the hype in the last 6 months have gone from not knowing Darth Bane from Naga Sadow and thinking that Kamino was some Island of the cost of Spain to claiming to be fully fledged “star wars nerds” because that’s the fashionable thing right now and how they can say with absolute conviction that the prequels sucked because that’s what a guy on Youtube also said. Yet if you say to them something along the lines of “hey what about Hans Wife” you just get a blank look.

These People annoy me, I know you may disagree with me and if you are one of them I am sorry this is not me attacking you personally. Its just that I am getting a little bit fed up of how our once niche nerdy sub-culture is being infiltrated by the same guys who used to call use names in high school because we would debate who was the most powerful force user. What makes things worse is that a lot of these same people will go out and buy EA’s latest heap garbage then their season pass as well. Thus telling companies like EA this kind of crap is ok

I will leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They should've at least put a single player campaign. There is so much story to draw from...

whats it, if you get season pass 110 bucks?

No thanks.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've said before that starwars is overrated and the hype will kill it in the end.
They will over saturate every consumer that's dumb enough to buy anything with an aluminum falcon on the box.
Yes I know it's not aluminum....lol

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm still pissed about Mass Effect 3 ... Yeah, looking at you EA, you helped with that mess.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm still pissed about Mass Effect 3 ... Yeah, looking at you EA, you helped with that mess.

God that ending

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Damn, you have Star Wars tats?

Neeeerrrrrdddddd!

I'm a SW nerd too, but you got me covered.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If chewi dies I aint kidding JJ better watch his back and if Han dies he had best hire 27 ex green berets for body guards cos me mam will get him.
Hey coin I don't mind tbh better then twilight doing the same.
Plus I just ordered some sexy star wars y fronts.
I may even take a pic lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Chewy died in one of the books. If memory serves, a Moon killed him. Not a bad way to go. That said, I love Chewy!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have no new rants about Star Wars, just old ones…

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
EA also managed to wreck SWTOR. Their last release 4.0 killed companions, nerfed crafting, and kicked the bejeesus out of everything else. I was a subscriber for over two years and took 12 characters to level 60, but they botched it so bad that I quit.

I'm indebted to ATS member Swills for this next link. Has Luke gone to the dark side:

Has Luke gone to the dark side? Some people think so....

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Heck im one of the many who xan not stop crying at the trailers I really don't know if either dies I will boo in front if loads of kids.
Oh and what is up with the youth of today? So many twenty year olds not seen the most cultural important movie of all time?.
Pfft kids.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
House of Mouse... 'Nuff said.

They want to make back the mostly CASH $4 billion they paid for the rights to the franchise. I see Yoda grapes in the produce section. My gf brought home Darth Vader coffee creamer (she was going to get Chewbacca but was afraid I would wookie yell every time I poured her a cup), juice, snacks, soda, EVERYTHING IS CO-BRANDED EITHER STAR WARS OR MARVEL IN MY GROCERY STORE!!!
Did you know they make Star wars adult diapers? Feminine hygine products? Me neither...until a few weeks ago.

I grew up on both Star Wars and Marvel Comics. Disney has turned them into shiny whores. I have a little hope for Episode 7, but I wasn't about to pre-order a ticket and let Disney draw interest off of me for two months. It's Mickey (and to a lesser extent theaters) getting some of that sweet free money that video game retailers have been making for years by getting people to pay in advance for a product that will be readily available for all who seek it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Amen to that brother.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You should watch Fanboys. You'll feel a lot better.

"Han Solo is not a bitch!" That's one of my favorite lines.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Great film
He kisses Carrie Fisher
so jelly

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
I love that movie. It's even funnier when you're not sober. The "There's an Ewok humping your leg" part always makes me laugh.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
SOME of the Marvel Comics are good. Han Solo had a wife? Yeah, that's going to fall to the wayside.

But the Vader Series...damn.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What about the fact they still have X-Wings vs Tie Fighters way after both ships were obsolete not long after the Battle of Endor. Shouldn't they be sporting A-Wings and Tie Interceptors by now? Hopefully that will be explained in the movie, just about 2 weeks away now.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
What about the fact they still have X-Wings vs Tie Fighters way after both ships were obsolete not long after the Battle of Endor. Shouldn't they be sporting A-Wings and Tie Interceptors by now? Hopefully that will be explained in the movie, just about 2 weeks away now.

Hey, the Empire isn't made of money, you know. They have a lot of debt to the Hutts. No need in scrapping perfectly good war surplus and replacing it with new machines. Especially when some Jedi is just going to destroy it anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
No one forced you to buy the game. Next time rent it or borrow a friends. 60.00 is a night out on the town for me. If I get hours of enjoyment, days of enjoyment really from playing a game its worth it and the people making the games, some of the most creative and educated people out there deserve a good paycheck for their hard work.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join