It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
the catch with the 72 virgins is that you have to keep them virgins....
ironic, isn't it...
and yes, I totally made that one up....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: marg6043
Margo, that is why they have to make the ones that make and sell the guns accountable.

They should have to keep records of all sales including who, what, when, where, and how much.

It will never happen of course.

Accountable for what, exactly? Will you hold tool manufacturers responsible if someone commits murder using a hammer? How about the company that made the remote controlled cars they used? The company that made the pipe?

These companies are not responsible for what someone does with the merchandise. No, they should not have to keep records. All records do is allow someone to take guns from people that aren't breaking the law.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I remember when I was a child to be fascinated by the beautiful stories or Arabian nights, what happen? did everything change after Islam was born?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: IAMTAT
the catch with the 72 virgins is that you have to keep them virgins....
ironic, isn't it...
and yes, I totally made that one up....

Maybe a case of eternal impotence comes with the 72 virgins.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Who made the guns?

Are they making their own, or are they just buying from those who purchased them legally, and then resell them at a higher price illegally?

If they are coming from the same manufacturers, then they can be traced back to the place they were made.

If those manufactures are selling to the bad guys who are not following the rules, than fine them enough money to make them be more selective about who they sell to, or for them to give up, or go after those making the illegal sales.

Just an idea. One that know will never happen, because they all make their big money off of the illegal sales. They have no desire to stop illegal weapons trades.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There must be a lot of very relaxed laws in places I never visit...

When I buy or sell a gun there is always some kind of paperwork that has to be filled out. In some states even if I sell a gun to my best friend, we still have to go to a gun shop, fill out the form, and pay the fee to make the transfer. In some states I have to have a bill of sale with the gun serial number, and the FOID number and signature of the person I sold it to and I have to keep that record for ten years. If I can't produce that bill of sale and the gun is used in a crime, I am responsible for it and I am also the number one suspect. It pays to make and keep the record of the transaction.

I don't think it is much of a leap to make records of transfers the law. In fact, many states do it now and I am in favor of it. I think there should be a trail of paperwork that follows the gun from owner to owner. Not that they typically change hands all that often, but if it helps solve the problem I am all for it. Just don't try to take mine away or tell me I am part of the problem.

One thing is certain: we will never be able to solve a problem we haven't even figured out how to talk about yet. When two muslim terrorists, domestic or otherwise, target and murder innocent people at a Christmas party, and we call it 'work place violence' we have bigger problems than idiots with guns. We have idiots in government.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We have idiots in government.

Exactly. But that is not the biggest of our problems.

Until we figure out a way to fix this corrupt and rogue government, nothing is going to get better.

We can take things getting worse, to the bank.

edit on 3-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plantagenet

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: retiredTxn
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I and several others have downloaded the video. Sure looks like Police responding to me.

It could be, I suppose. Either way, doesn't explain how witnesses reported three shooters, and this was stated repeatedly, then that number somehow dropped to two far later.

Witnesses and footage showed 3 people leaving and coming back with 'assault' rifles

I heard, on the news yesterday afternoon, that the man left, and came back with two others, and they started shooting. Either way, three were reported widely in the news. I could see witnesses being confused, but seeing him return with two people seems pretty clear. Yet they claim they are certain there were only two. Even the police LT that spoke stated they believed that there were still shooters in the building when they entered, because of the amount of carnage and the fresh gunpowder smell, and also because of how people were acting, scared to leave as though they had a gun trainded on them.

I have to wonder if someone didn't slip out the back after the first police showed up. The cops came fast, but it was just a few in the first minutes.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
No worries. I know what you're saying and it's true. I had a good friend who lost everything she had because she did a good deed and let a woman who was down on her luck stay in a guest bedroom of her home.

I brought up the separate lives because most Americans don't realize how very differently muslims live. I know my friends who married muslim men had no clue when they made that decision. They honestly didn't know enough to know that they were becoming property when they married. Those men were from "secular" muslim countries that only required a head covering, not the entire bag.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

It was reported from the onset that there were between 1-3 suspects.

7th post, page 1:

CNN reporting the police are looking for 1-3 shooters

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Later, it was reported that they were certain there were three, at least. I heard that personally on the news, and from police making statements. Witnesses reported the one guy leaving and coming back with two people, and then they all started shooting. That was stated firmly till the late night news conference. Multiple news sources.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So they're saying the guns Farook and Malik used were purchased by someone else.
Police are looking for him.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

that was the day of the shooting, what this member said was from a link that said a argument happened a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, I heard both of those happened. Seems they had some ongoing dispute, and maybe that was one reason this place was chosen as a target. That and it being a Christmas party, and the denied mosque angle.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Where did you hear/read/see reports that others have been witnessed in the garage?

News yesterday. Could have been CBS, and could have been FNC. I had both on at different times. Many package deliveries, late night work in the garage, and multiple Arab-looking men seen coming and going, is what was stated several times. Today, they see to have backed off the reports of other men there. Maybe the same reason thy backed off the third suspect. I think they have some in mind, and are claiming not to so as not to spook them.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: texasgirl
I can't figure out why they executed their plan so well and escaped but stayed in town, driving around for hours before being caught and killed.

Were they awaiting further instruction and were all of a sudden abandoned? Any ideas?

I think they were planning to do a lot more, and were surprised when police showed up at the home. They could easily have planned multiple attacks.

Think about it...these crazed extremists were making bombs while their 6 month old baby was lying in a crib just feet away.

I don't want to. Not good for my blood pressure. That degree of carelessness around a baby is inexcusable. Clearly, they didn't have a lot of concern for that child. As a mom, I can't fathom that!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So darn sad that what was once an area of nothing but mystery, rich history and ancient wisdom in the middle east will be forgotten to be remembered today as nothing but chaos, death, terrorism and destruction.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Who made the guns?

Are they making their own, or are they just buying from those who purchased them legally, and then resell them at a higher price illegally?

If they are coming from the same manufacturers, then they can be traced back to the place they were made.

If those manufactures are selling to the bad guys who are not following the rules, than fine them enough money to make them be more selective about who they sell to, or for them to give up, or go after those making the illegal sales.

Just an idea. One that know will never happen, because they all make their big money off of the illegal sales. They have no desire to stop illegal weapons trades.

How do we know these aren't part of the Fast and Furious operation? The only comments I've seen/heard about the guns is that they were purchased legally. No word on who purchased them. Or maybe they were part of the weapons deal that went sour in Benghazi or some other shipment overseen by Chris Stephens?
I say we should put weapons control on our government. They shouldn't be supplying anyone with any type of weapon except our own military. They shouldn't be pimping for the arms manufacturers. But the arms people and the banksters make a pile of cash on each transaction so that's not likely to happen.
There are some aspects of this case---or the reporting of this case---that make me reach for the tinfoil hat. Now if the next info we get is that the investigation documents are being sealed....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm old enough to remember all those classic movies depicting the middle east in mystery and romance, when I was growing up I always wanted to know more about the way of life of the people in the area but it wasn't until much later when the middle east because unstable that I realized that it was not what the movies were portraying.

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join