It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: tonycodes

originally posted by: wantsome
Seriously what the hell is wrong with people? Every single person that is able should be trained to use and carry a gun. That way these wacko's might think twice before trying to kill innocent people. These people aren't mentally ill they're psychopaths.

Everyone having a gun isn't going to make things better, it's going to make things worse.

I guess that what's happened here is that this guy has been pissed off about something at work, he's felt "victimised" (seems to be ingrained into our culture these days), and so when he's got really angry he's gone home, got his guns and his wife, and they've gone and shot his colleagues.

If he didn't have the guns it wouldn't have happened.

If he is a terrorist he isn't going to give a stuff if anyone else is armed or not, he wants to die and will still do it.

You are all living in a marketing bubble where the gun companies have brainwashed you into thinking your life is in danger and you need as many guns as possible to protect yourselves.

You think that you guns make you free, but they don't, they enslave you.

You live in a world where you fear your fellow countrymen, you friends and neighbours, foreigners, your own government, and you expect death and violence and crime and pain and terror is lurking around every corner.

It isn't - there are plenty of countries around the world where people can't buy an assault rifle with their groceries and we're just fine.

We don't have kids shooting up schools every few weeks, or incidents like this, and we haven't been rounded up and sent to concentration camps by our evil leaders either because we can't "defend" ourselves.

If you think it's normal to need an assault rifle to go about your daily business then you either live in Beirut or some other war zone, or you're an American.

It's a sad state of affairs that in one of, if not the most liberal, tolerant, and economically strong countries in the world that you feel if you don't all have guns to threaten each other then you're all going to die.

The CEO's of the gun companies are the ones who benefit, and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

WELL, im not mentally ill, so im happy to have a way to protect my family... how is that bad?

You don't need them - who precisely are you protecting yourself from?

That's what I mean - it's a boogeyman created by the gun companies to give you a reason to buy guns.

That's simply not true. Have you seen videos, and/or read reports, of violent home invasions? Those are not uncommon. I know someone who posts weekly gun story (sometimes more than one) in which people were able to fend off the bad guys and avoid being assaulted and/or killed, because they had a gun. If someone had a gun when a shooter showed up, they could fight back. Carjacking? No problem. The don't want armed drivers. There are a lot of criminals in the world, and it is common sense to be prepared to deal with them. More guns in the hands of citizens always, ALWAYS, means less crime. When the gun restrictions ar higher, so is the crime rate. Statistics prove this time and time again.

Sure, I cna own guns and never need them. I can also own them and end up saving the lives of my family. My own mother needed hers once. Many, many years ago, picking my dad up after work downtown (almost no one had two cars back then), and some shady guys approached her car. Once they knew she had a gun, they fled. What would have happened otherwise would not have been good.

People aren't "living in fear" because they feel it's wide to be able to defend themselves, their families, their homes, and their neighbors. They are being sensible. Violence has always been around. The difference guns make is that those who would have been certain victims before, due to being weaker, older, less able to fight for whatever reason, are now able to stand up to attack.

When seconds count, and someone is in your house, the best police response possible is minutes away. Cops will tell you this. Why would anyone not want to defend their family, their home, and themselves? This planet isn't peaceful, and it isn't without violent people. Pretending otherwise, and claiming that gun owners are afraid of bogeymen, isn't being logical or sensible. Where I live, if I saw you being mugged, I could defend you. Betting if that happened, you'd be glad someone was there to help.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

WHY IS THIS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT BORDER CONTROL AND TERRORISM?

WHY IS THIS A DISCUSSION ABOUT OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If all the victims of this massacre were employees of the same county department---who is going to take over their responsibilities? Just thinking outside the box here about why it would be advantageous to anyone to shut down an entire department.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Plantagenet

Not sure but I did find this....

fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com...

she sure does not look like she is from Pakistan....can anyone else verify that this is her?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Any insight as to why this report refers to the Suspects as Actors in multiple sentences?

youtu.be...

link   

originally posted by: Plantagenet

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Because explosives had already been found.

What do you propose they do when the subjects are shooting at them? Duck and hope they don't hit anybody?

I don't see any evidence of officials shot at by suspects. footage please .

I asked for your footage first, guy. Footage, please.

KcPPzLIRH8w
YouTube sorry I'm new and don't see a video embed button

There is a button clearly marked YOU TUBE additionally your video you tried to link shows 3 people leaving and that is it..Doesnt show anything else.

link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: ReadLeader

Why is this turning into a gun control discussion on liberal TV and with our communist president?

So, if I have this straight, two radicalized Muslims killed 15 people at a Christmas party and this has turned into a conversation about gun control and refuges... because..... WHY?

Please enlighten me.

I'm as lost about this as you are … :-( But, this is the democrats' achilles heel. Their softness on radical Islam will be exploited by the GPO guy who runs for POTUS.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

have a go at it brother. something stinks about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
For anybody interested to find out if US have a terrorist network been under surveillance this a link to the latest one, sadly after 2007 is not more updates.

www.investigativeproject.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The third person initially reported was detained and questioned and found to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, this person had a misdemeanor warrant and was (I believe) arrested for that and that alone.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have a legitimate question for those of you that have been watching FOX news.

I normally don't watch the major news channels, so I could be very mistaken. As I was watch FOX yesterday I saw very few commercials. Today I've already seen commercials from Bush, Rubio, and the NRA all talking about terrorists.

Were these same commercials playing prior to yesterday's events?

****PLEASE NOTE that I'm NOT trying to cause a debate or take the thread off topic. I just want to know if these commercials aired prior to yesterday or if they were all put out today. It just seems strange to me considering the last 24 hours.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

Yes, they were. They have been on for a while now.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

So, what's your point?

Much more concerning is why 2 radicialized Muslims killed 15 people at a Christmas party and that event has been lost in a confused jumble of gun control and refuge discussion.

Still haven't gotten one answer that makes any sense.
edit on 3-12-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Not sure but I did find this....

fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com...

she sure does not look like she is from Pakistan....can anyone else verify that this is her?

I found that picture too, with an interesting web site, no she looks white, if it is her

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Any insight as to why this report refers to the Suspects as Actors in multiple sentences?

youtu.be...

The word actor was not being used to describe you think it was. In this case they are using the sociological definition.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes - that's the flipping point - anyone can get assault rifles and guns - so people who want to kill lots of other people are going to buy them - and since you don't know who is who you can't stop them.

You having a gun locked up at home isn't going to save anyone - and loads of people carrying guns around with them everywhere is going to result in a lot more dead people.

No, they can't. There are restrictions, and there are background checks. There is also expense, and most people can't afford them. Plus, the entire term "assault rifle" is misleading, and pushed by gun control people who want you to fear guns and gun owners.

Who says guns are locked up at home? Open carry is legal where I live, and I see people with guns all the time. No shootings here, either. Gun stores all over, guns in holsters, and a low violent crime rate. Murder here is very, very rare.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState
I have a legitimate question for those of you that have been watching FOX news.

I normally don't watch the major news channels, so I could be very mistaken. As I was watch FOX yesterday I saw very few commercials. Today I've already seen commercials from Bush, Rubio, and the NRA all talking about terrorists.

All of the above mentioned are known for talking about terrorists. They've been doing it for a long time.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

When I was working at the AAA in the airport in Florida I meet a Pakistani couple, they were white and both had green eyes, the women even had light brown hair, very good looking, but both were Pakistanis just coming into the US for their honeymoon at Disney.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Power_Semi

Wow, what the Hell is wrong with you, lol.

I live in a country where we don't have guns - and so I can see the difference between here and there.

You live in a country where there are loads of guns and this just happened - again - you can't see the difference.

What you imagine is less guns = more shootings. Where's the logic in that?

But I've got something wrong with me because I'm suggesting it's the guns that are the problem, while you think more guns will make it all better?

What country would that be? Whats the murder rate? The violent crime rate? The rate of terrorist attacks?

You are the one buying a lie. These "mass shootings" are quite rare, and they DO happen in other countries. Already proven in other places on ATS.

What you suggest doesn't match the data, worldwide. What you suggest is that unarmed helpless people are somehow safer, because, gee, there was no violence before there were guns. What you believe is that being unarmed makes you safer, and yes, that's "something wrong".

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
shoebat.com...

You can take this with a grain of salt,

there is another page I haven't found yet

edit on 3-12-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join