It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

So which of those three does this meet?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The world is at war with Radical Islam.

You have to call it what it is. At the heart of this movement is a radical, irrational interpretation of Islam. It isn't workplace violece or any "rationale."

I was watching a documentary on Warren Jeffs recently and they kept calling him a Fundamentalist Mormon. Just because they call Jeffs a Mormon doesn't mean all Mormons are like Warren Jeffs.

Where were all the people like Obama and Clinton saying don't call Jeffs or any of his followers Mormons?

At the heart of what Jeffs did was a radical,irrational interpretation of Mormonism. We're not facing some problem that we can negotiaite with, it'sRadical Islam which is a radical interpretaion of Islam.

link   
a reply to: tonycodes

No political gain to be detected, at least so far. There is nothing to determine these individuals were trying to coerce anyone into any political (or religious) belief.

link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

And this is an example of why he may be hesitant to call it terrorism...people can't seem to understand that these are individuals that committed this act and not Islam itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Indigo5

What does calling it terrorism get us?

A higher number of terrorism incidents on record.
Who in the government would want that?

Not when that government is saying 'don't worry about terrorists'.

The Climate is out to git us.

Doesn't fit their agenda.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2015 by neo96 because: Another double post.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You are right is not place in the middle east to bomb anymore, now his wife was from Pakistan, still they are supposedly friends.

What it bothers me is how the government will tag the incident, more will happen and more, until somebody will realized that terrorist are in America and they should be call for what they are.

Do I feel safer? no, I am not, do you? knowing that our government polices seems no to be very interested in terrorism in the US but they are on gun control.

And terrorist will have their gun and their gear and their tools and will still target Americans.

Isn't that something that will have you thinking about how things are done.

Collateral damage that is what we all Americans that will be caught on terrorist act in the US will be.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a few things,

#1 all day yesterday the media reported the shooters had "long guns" weird as they always called them assault rifles, military style weapons in the past. Why the change now?

#2 would the Government say there hired help ISIS is responsible for the shooting?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
why do u guys keep bringin up religion? and islam? not all terrorism is about islam.. this is terrorism with international actors and these people were strapped so much that they were obviously planning other attacks..

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone
I think your attempt to interject reason and stop the ignorance is creating more problems than it solves.

You are either preaching to the choir or to people who have heard your argument enough times already, that if your argument is as strong as you think it is, then you have won, so you can stop now.

Every time someone makes a comment that "may" involve a person that practices Islam, the you don't understand Islam, you are a xenophobe, you are a hypocrite crowd, shows up to police and proselytize.

The most, that the majority of the people here are guilty of is speculation and impatience.

This is not an anti- Islam thread, and I really would not like to see it become one, so if you guys that feel you have to defend Islam and Muslims on every post on the internet, would stop, maybe people would stop being suspicious of why it needs the Posting Mafia scrutinizing ever post.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That is why ISIS or any terrorist group working in the US will never claim to be behind the deeds, because Americas way of tagging violence, domestic, work related, but not terrorism.

Incidents of terrorism will never get a high numbers if they are kept under any other tagging but terrorism.

Politicians can still pursue their agendas, without been call failure to stop terrorism in America, if terrorist acts are never call terrorism.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

yea i double.. this is terrorism right now by definition.. but we cant call it radical islamist terrorists yet.. so no need to defend islam.. i dont see anyone bashing islam here.. so take your guilty consience and start a thread if you think theres too many people saying it was islamic terrorism.. we are just calling this terrorism in general at this point.
edit on 3-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn
a few things,

#1 all day yesterday the media reported the shooters had "long guns" weird as they always called them assault rifles, military style weapons in the past. Why the change now?

#2 would the Government say there hired help ISIS is responsible for the shooting?

Astute observation. Language is important. Watch carefully now how "they" are starting to define certain things. Everyone won't notice this. Listen to the rhetoric that comes out of the administration carefully. You will "hear" it.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I think your attempt to interject reason and stop the ignorance is creating more problems than it solves.

What reason ?

Can't blame all muslims for the actions of a few.

But they can sure as snip blame ALL gun owners for the actions of a few.

And they can sure Blame all Christian right wingers for the actions of Dear.

Yeah ok.

What ever.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Didn't Obama said that global warming was worst than ISIS?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

They've accomplished their goal concerning the terms "AR" and "assault rifles". They've got to make the link with "long guns" now. Long guns typically refer to hunting rifles. It's time for them to make a new link in order to further erode public opinion against firearms.

edit on 12/3/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Didn't Obama said that global warming was worst than ISIS?

Yep!

Getting ready for gun control is the 'solution' to 'terrorism' and 'climate change'.

It's comming.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a headline about Warren Jeffs.

Nothing Can Stop Mormon Cult Leader Warren Jeffs

Should we stop calling Jeffs a Mormon because Americans are so stupid they can't separate Jeffs from all Mormons??

Where was Obama and Hillary saying we should'nt call Jeffs a Mormon because what Jeffs did had nothing to do with Mormonism?

Again, it has everything to do with a radical, irrational interpretation of Islam.

Obama and Hillary seem to think Americans can't separate Radical Islam from all Muslims and they're so stupid that they will go after all Muslims with pitchforks.

You have to call it what it is because at the heart of this iis an irrational, radical interpretation of Islam just like with Jeffs. At the heart of Jeffs was a radical, irrational interpretation of Mormonism and the press and others have no problem with calling Jeffs a Mormon.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

But if we keep quiet we are just as guilty as they are. It says to the world that we are OK with the spreading of ignorance as long as it only affects one group and not mine.

Our voices need to be as loud as the ignorant ones. Yes I am probably going to be repeating myself but it is necessary and who knows it may get through to someone but it may not and those are few that begin to understand will join in the fight against Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

But they can sure as snip blame ALL gun owners for the actions of a few.

And they can sure Blame all Christian right wingers for the actions of Dear.

Except you go on and on and on and on about how wrong it is, and you are right, but yet have no issues doing it here.

You say it was wrong for every one to jump the gun on Dear but yet have no issue with it here.

Seems like you caught some of that GD cogitative dissonance you are always so worried about.

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join