It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I see what you are trying to do there and I find that it works on people who can be easily swayed.

You basically twisted what I intended into something that fits your point of view.

Turning my statement from fanatics exist in all religions into Christians are the real victims.

Nice try.

What I am trying to do? The article is obviously trying to pull at heart strings for tens of thousands of one religion and almost scoff at the hundred of thousands of another. Sorry, but skewed reporting doesn't cut it for me. I would say that Muslims pushed so hard and so long in that country that the Christians are now finally pushing back. If nobody will do anything about the fanatics then the non-fanatics will do something about it themselves eventually. People can only take so much before snapping and when you have hundreds of thousands that have had to flee one religions persecution because they want to take over, eventually they will fight back....similar to how it is happening now.

I don't know what you intended, but my point of view has nothing to do with it. The article focused on the smaller group as if they somehow matter more than the larger group, regardless of religion. I would ask why they chose to report on the smaller group more than anything....brings agendas that much more to light.

You would be correct in than the Christians are fighting back but does that make the acts they are committing less atrocious than the acts committed by ISIS?

No, an act of brutality is no better under one religion than another.

I didn't say they weren't atrocious, but it is similar to a bully in school....eventually his victim is going to fight back. People can only be pushed so far before they revolt. If the initial aggressor had not done what they had done then the now aggressor would likely not be doing what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJanon
Just to make it explicitly clear here in the forums: The individuals were not carrying GoPro cameras.

It was denied twice in the press conference.

the fbi agent said this doesnt fit the fbi's definition of terrorism? what definition is that?

The FBI agent said that they have a very specific definition of terrorism. He also said that they cannot call it terrorism before they have a motive.

ok so what is this specific definition?

link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
The number of wounded has risen from 14 to 21.

14 dead, total wounded raised to 21. #SanBernardino mass shooting. Watch live briefing here: t.co...— KSLA News 12 (@KSLA) December 3, 2015

I guess it takes government officials a long time to count to 21. I wonder what the pause was for?
Or 7 more people get wounded overnight... post shooting?

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Is not curious is out right an insult to educated Americans, calling the act a terrorist one will no play well on the gun control agenda, will make people retaliate against Islam in the US and it will hurt the economy (as usual is all about the economy) and gun control.

Deceiving.

Is not a terrorist problem is a gun control problem

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
During the day way before they shot the two I remember dispatch mentioned the guy's name and saying something along the lines about hearing the name last week does anyone know why they were watching him/them?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That fool, Obama, still won't say it was terrorism huh? It has to be a mixed motive. lmao.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

originally posted by: DJanon
Just to make it explicitly clear here in the forums: The individuals were not carrying GoPro cameras.

It was denied twice in the press conference.

the fbi agent said this doesnt fit the fbi's definition of terrorism? what definition is that?

The FBI agent said that they have a very specific definition of terrorism. He also said that they cannot call it terrorism before they have a motive.

I don't think it will matter to the government.
If the Ft. Hood shooting was only 'workplace violence', this sure as hell won't reach their threshold for 'terrorism'.

Hell, I think an ISIS member from Syria could come over and cut an American's head off in their home on video while reciting the Koran and denouncing the filthy American devils.... and it would just be called a home invasion.
edit on b000000312015-12-03T12:23:15-06:0012America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2015 12:23:15 -06001200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   
Double Post.

edit on b000000312015-12-03T12:19:32-06:0012America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2015 12:19:32 -06001200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

For our government it will be sugar coated as domestic violence or work related violence, terrorism is taboo.

What does calling it terrorism get us?

Pres. GWB said...attack them there so they don't attack us here...more or less.

So if we bomb "terrorists" in Syria...how does that effect this shooter, who was born and raised in the USA?

Does it make school shootings any less terrifying?

Just saying...what does the verbage..."Terrorist"..."Lone wolf"...etc. buy us strategically? I get the urge to paint shooters as "The other"...as in Muslim...or foreigner...but that false crutch actually hinders strategic thinking in cases like these.

There is nowhere in Syria that we can bomb that will directly prevent what just happened.
Mass killings in the USA come in the name of "Allah" "God" "White Power" and often just simple pure crazy.

We can't spot the next shooter by their religion, origin or skin color...I wish we could, but that is not the facts.

The real answers are not simple...no matter how much we wish they were...they are hard and complex, but we have to start working on them IMO.

I don't know how declaring something a "Terrorist Attack" helps in any other way than rhetorical politics and making the public falsely think that dropping bombs half way around the globe will solve this.

link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

www.fbi.gov...

In my opinion, the event doesn't fit that definition.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I DO find it curious that on one hand, the msm and the left really really want Farook to be a "nutter" who freaked out at the office and went on a spontaneous 'workplace violence' rampage; his motives completely devoid of any religious or political ideology (i.e. Radical Islamic Terrorism)...

...while, on the other hand, the msm and the left bent over backwards to portray 'Dear',..not as just some 'crazy loon in a cabin', but a Right Wing Christian militant.

No kidding.

Same week.

Virtually the next day.

link   

edit on 3-12-2015 by neo96 because: holy double posts batman

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

During the day way before they shot the two I remember dispatch mentioned the guy's name and saying something along the lines about hearing the name last week does anyone know why they were watching him/them?

i remember hearing that also, i also can't figure out if the cops that spotted them at the home were there because of the shooting or there for a stakeout on something else. i can't find the posts that was made about it. i think Shamrock posted it but i'm not sure.

edit on 3-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
Of course this is terrorism but Obama is so worried about protecting Islam instead of protecting America.

Obama thinks Americans are so stupid that we can't sepatrate Radical Islam from all Muslims.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Well many refuse to, we have seen it in this very thread.

What was the political or ideological gain for this attack?

That is a big part of terrorism, what part of this fits that?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DJanon

thank you.. heres the fbi definition of terrorism everyone and they said this incident does not fit this defintion.. i guess i dont understand english anymore.

"International terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S., or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.*

and which part of the above didnt happen yesterday?
edit on 3-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Of course this is terrorism but Obama is so worried about protecting Islam instead of protecting America.

Obama thinks Americans are so stupid that we can't sepatrate Radical Islam from all Muslims.

That is a big mistake on his part.

I would suggest reading some replies in this thread though, it would appear there is validity to this response.

Still an act of terrorism.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What does calling it terrorism get us?

A higher number of terrorism incidents on record.
Who in the government would want that?

edit on b000000312015-12-03T12:25:33-06:0012America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2015 12:25:33 -06001200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

This is just noise polluting the thread. You have no proof Obama is trying to protect islam, you have no proof the event was a terrorist attack.

link   

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join