It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The family says Farook is American born, but there are other reports that say only that he was an American citizen. Adding to the initial confusion is the fact that there are two men named Syed R Farook in SB county. Additionally, they are brothers and lived at the same address with the rest of the family. The older one, not the shooter, goes by Raheel.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Good Morning America is the one leading with a story that Farook is American born.

abcnews.go.com...

Farook's father has said that he was "very religious" and went to Saudi to get a wife and bring her back to the US. Additionally, the parents are supposedly from Pakistan.

heavy.com... ive-photos-social-media-family-facebook-video-chase-shot-killed-dead/

ETA - seems there's some confusion as to which residence the couple actually lived at. Police followed a tip to a residence that has been identified as where Farook's mother and sister live. The suspects were there, and that's where the car chase started. But now it sounds like there were at least two residences raided that the couple had ties to.

Additionally, this article says a witness in the neighborhood is claiming to have seen several Muslim males going in and out of the mother/sister's residence over the last couple of weeks, but the witness never notified anybody for fear of being accused of profiling. Does this tie in to the reports of "Muslim looking men" driving by scenes and then taking off, as was reported over the scanner?

losangeles.cbslocal.com...
edit on 3-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

wait...I'm not afraid to leave my house without a gun.....(I don't even currently own one....gave up that right when I checked into a mental hospital a few years back when I was suicidal)....but I am a WOMAN...and I don't feel more like a man for owning a gun or using one for that matter.....maybe it's my Texas upbringing......but when TPTB take away our rights to own a gun.....THEN watch out....and this ain't a conspiracy theory.......

not funny any more how EVERYTHING that happens in the world these days has a political agenda....especially during an election year.....GOD, I hate election years.....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A couple things I haven't seen expanded on which warrant further thought/investigation...

1.) The Muslim shooters were both allegedly carrying GoPro cameras mounted on their person. This would seem to suggest THERE IS ACTUAL FIRST PERSON VIDEO of the tragedy, and likely from more than one angle. I mention this not out of morbid curiosity, but rather out of the fact that, if true, this video would contain volumes of information about motive, state of mind and actual execution of the act. Just the simple fact that the perpetrators took the time to strap on cameras in advance of the event SCREAMS about mindset and intent!

2.) In all of the coverage I have been able to find (and this is quite a bit) I have seen the Muslim female has been identified (i.e. named), but no country of origin has been listed, nor has any other background info on her been released...unlike her Muslim male co-accomplice. Why is this? We have repeatedly been told the Muslim male was a US citizen (ad nauseum), but where was the Muslim female accomplice from, and what is her citizenship? This information seems to be dubiously missing from every news story and announcement.

edit on 12/3/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I just DON'T get it. I thought there were THREE suspects. Now the word is it was some Muslim Bonnie & Clyde team, where "Bonnie" is some unknown female possibly Saudi?

I can't find ONE photo of her. And what happened to the third Perp??

Good god, Captain Oblivious, you won't find a goddamn picture of ME in existence, either. I don't like them taken. FFS, not everyone is a camera ham, are you so dense as to not think of that?

Why don't you chill out, get over yourself, and take a break from the interwebs for a while this morning? It's not doing your critical thought processes any good right now.

She is from SaUdi ArAbia they met on the internet. He goes there comes back maried.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm just catching back up...So the 1st guy fingered is actually the older brother? Part of me finds it weird that the older brother had lots of photos on FB and no mention of the brother(the actual perp) online..Also how the dad didn't mention both sons in the interview....

But I guess benefit of the doubt - lots of people dont have FB and maybe the brother was a half or they didn't ask the dad about both...

IDK something feels weird about the perps

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
all of those middle easterners visiting the garage where the two perps were working at odd hours for weeks must just be mohammed's elves and not coconspirators then. glad that's settled. yup. these two worked totally alone. no need to look for the support cell.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I still find it interesting that eyewitnesses were able to identify one of the shooters as a coworker, but are not reliable enough when it comes to differentiating between whether there were two or three people shooting.
There are a number things that trouble me.
One would be the statement that was made at a presser saying that the incident could involve multiple cities.... did they jump the gun in saying that? The same people that would not release descriptions... including that of a 'nonexistent' male suspect that was said to be dangerous and might carjacking someone.
Whatever, I don't trust what came out from the authorities, especially after the feds had their slimy fingers in the mix.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
ATTENTION!

Big thread, hot-button topic, lots of developments. Let's get back on track and stick to the developing details.
No personal back and forth, no p-trolling. Do not reply to this post.
edit on 12/3/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Imagine the terror they felt seeing someone you work with shooting

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
First. Good thoughts to the victims and their families.

Now... I've been following this thread since yesterday. I tried to read all of the posts, but I may have mixed some stuff up. There are over 140 pages!

So, uhm... what happened to the Russian wife? How come now he has a Pakistani (is that it?) wife?

I'm sorry, I'm just super confused.

Finally, you guys, good job on keeping this thread updated.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: butcherguy

Imagine the terror they felt seeing someone you work with shooting

I can. I have been in some very sketchy situations in my life.

edit on b000000312015-12-03T07:57:25-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2015 07:57:25 -0600700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Some food for thought reference the third person.

When we investigate a crime where you have multiple witness the first thing we do is ask people to not discuss what they saw with other witnesses. This is done to prevent accidental false accounts of what happened. People will give an account and will include info they were told but did not witness.

Second -
When you are in a life and death situation your fight or flight response kicks in. The effect on the body can cause people to see things that are not there. They can see a suspect and then see the suspect again from a different angle and register it as 2 people instead of one.

If you put 29 witnesses in a room where they all experience the same situation you will get 29 different versions of what occurred. You run into the issue where witnesses use their opinion based on their personal experience.

Thin to one person could be average to another.
To one person the suspect looked young and to another middle aged.
The person is Hispanic to one and middle eastern to another.

The number of officers involved in shootings that say they fired 4 times in reality emptied his clip where others say they fired 8 times and only fired 3 times.

In general it takes about 3 days for a person to start remembering other details of the incident.

Thumbs up, Homeslice.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
From a tweet so, "grain of salt" just digging for new details...

In @npr talk, @HussamA of @CAIRLA says suspect Farook was US-born, of Pakistani descent. Tashfeen Malik born Pakistan, lived Saudi Arabia.

twitter.com...^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I found this NY Times article stating that Farook was born in Illinois.

Before the attack, Mr. Farook, 28, who was born in Illinois and whose parents are from Pakistan, joined colleagues at an annual holiday party for the San Bernardino County Public Health Department, where he worked for five years as an environmental inspector, officials said. He had attended the same party the year before, and he did not appear out of place.

NY Times Article

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Did she wear the traditional dress?

Maybe there are no pictures that actually shows what she looks like.

But if that is the case, then how would they even know it was her?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Another little tidbit which is being overlooked is the alleged conversation which took place with the grandmother...

Hussam Ayloush, the executive director of CAIR, said the couple left their six-month-old daughter with Farook's mother in the city of Redlands early on Wednesday morning. They told her they were going to attend a doctor's appointment for the wife. They never returned.

Source

The key words here are "the couple", meaning both of them, and "they were going to attend a doctor's appointment for the wife" which is clearly a conscious statement, not accurate and a deception. It would appear they both dropped off the kid with the intent of doing something other than going to a 'doctor's appointment'...well in advance of the incident.

This clearly speaks to intent.

This was a planned event!
edit on 12/3/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
So, uhm... what happened to the Russian wife? How come now he has a Pakistani (is that it?) wife?

I'm sorry, I'm just super confused.

I've just read about two guys with the same name in SB, so I'm going to assume that one of them has a Russian wife, and is not involved at all in this.

The other WAS the shooter, and had a Pakistani wife, who was also a shooter.

...did I get it right?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I could care less about pictures. I'm not the one screaming for them. What I care about is the background info on where she is from, what is her nationality and citizenship.

This is what's relevant here.

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join