It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
yea please justify martial law to us hahaha

Do you even know what it means?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i know its not the topic of this post

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
It'd be awesome to get that on topic summary people keep asking for.

If I listed what I've learned so far it'll sound like complete made up nonsense. What the heck happened?

This reminds me of the time I followed the Boston marathon incident here on ATS, only more confusing.

Here ya go - from the last press conference -

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Press conference, finally!

1. 14 dead, 17 wounded.

2. tip to Redlands house, suspect vehicle leaving, pursuit with shooting. Both suspects deceased - Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik (female, 27 years old, no other info on her).

3. Christmas party/meeting event. Farook was working for the department (environmental health) - 5 years there.

4. 4 minute response time for police. Victims encountered, suspects searched for. 15 minutes for victim clearing and transport.

5. Suspects might have been married or engaged, no one knows. No one knows if thrd party was involved. Other vehicles saw him flee, but police don't know, they claim.

6. Police claiming they are comfortable with "two shooters", not three.

7. Shooting scene, SUV scene, and house scene. House is listed as Farook's, but no statement that he was living there. Multiple addresses listed for them.

8. Farook's office has been secured.

9. No motive stated by police.

10. Terrorism not ruled out.

11. Police stating there were likely explosive devices handled by bomb squad. One in vehicle wasn't explosive.

12. Armed with .223 assault rifles each - DPMF Model 15 and S&W MMP 15 Model, two handguns as well. LAMA & S&W

13. State all three suspected explosive devices were together. Probable pipe bomb design.

14. No info on criminal records yet.

15. Based on evidence, police assume planning was involved.

16. No info on any comments by shooters during the attack.

17. When asked about other suspects, broad statement that all available resources are in play, and they will do all they can - no clear answer.

18. Statement that, at some point, the crime scene will be compressed, but nno idea when - maybe tonight or tomorrow.

19. One officer wounded, expected to survive and injuries not life-threatening.

Alright, that's what I caught from that. That red tie guy has to be FBI - he could be in the dictionary for that! All there look very serious.

No explanation as to why the initial witness reports of three shooters have changed. News isn't convinced, either. I think they have someone else loose, or at least, the other guy was actually involved.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: SprocketUK

It's 2am in Cali right now, it's not likely we will get many more updates until after sunrise.

Fair enough.
What I've heard so far is..
A This guy and his Mrs were at the party, he got upset, they went home got tooled up and went back to have a spree shooting.

B That this was a carefully planned attack by these two. Prepared for over a fair amount of time and not just a "moment of madness" thing which leads one to assume there is a religious facet to the attack.

Is that about how it is seeming over there?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If I listed what I've learned so far it'll sound like complete made up nonsense. What the heck happened?

This reminds me of the time I followed the Boston marathon incident here on ATS, only more confusing.

1. 14 dead, 17 wounded.

2. tip to Redlands house, suspect vehicle leaving, pursuit with shooting. Both suspects deceased - Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik (female, 27 years old, no other info on her).

3. Christmas party/meeting event. Farook was working for the department (environmental health) - 5 years there.

4. 4 minute response time for police. Victims encountered, suspects searched for. 15 minutes for victim clearing and transport.

5. Suspects might have been married or engaged, no one knows. No one knows if thrd party was involved. Other vehicles saw him flee, but police don't know, they claim.

7. Shooting scene, SUV scene, and house scene. House is listed as Farook's, but no statement that he was living there. Multiple addresses listed for them.

11. Police stating there were likely explosive devices handled by bomb squad. One in vehicle wasn't explosive.

12. Armed with .223 assault rifles each - DPMF Model 15 and S&W MMP 15 Model, two handguns as well. LAMA & S&W

13. State all three suspected explosive devices were together. Probable pipe bomb design.

17. When asked about other suspects, broad statement that all available resources are in play, and they will do all they can - no clear answer.

18. Statement that, at some point, the crime scene will be compressed, but nno idea when - maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Alright, that's what I caught from that. That red tie guy has to be FBI - he could be in the dictionary for that! All there look very serious.

No explanation as to why the initial witness reports of three shooters have changed. News isn't convinced, either. I think they have someone else loose, or at least, the other guy was actually involved.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
i know its not the topic of this post

So no then.....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So in other words they dont know much still.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
According to Swedish not so trustworthy Aftonbladet:

"According to Farooks co-worker Patrick Baccarri, the couple met on the internet. Earlier this year Farook travelled to Saudiarabia for about a month and when he returned, he was married and shortly after they had a baby"

I am no biology professor but... would it not take at least 9 month between the time he met her and the time they had a baby? They do not adress if he had travelled to her prior to the time they mention but either that or "shortly after" is 8 months unless he is not the father.
Edit: The child is 6 months so he/she could not have been made this year.. I guess they travelled together to Saudi or they met earlier.

(www.aftonbladet.se...)

(Sorry if this had already been mentioned but I dont wanna scroll back thru pages of people throwing sand at each other. There should be a sand box-thread or "my dad is stronger than your dad"-thread were kids can blow of some steam if they need)
edit on 3-12-2015 by Floke because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
welcome..

a reply to: crazyewok
correct. We know the shooters n their names and that they were killed in a shootout with police (21 officers were involved).Aside from that the investigation is ongoing.

a reply to: Floke

That info was also given at the press conference by law enforcement.

That post I quoted occurred around 10pm pst I believe. They said the next briefing would most likely be sometime thursday (in the US) although no time was given.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: WeAre0ne
I totally disagree. There's something extremely comforting & liberating about going to bed with your door unlocked and having total confidence that you'll be just fine... But each to there own, I guess.

You must live out in the country. Not in a city like Los Angeles. Otherwise you would be considered extremely unwise, retarded almost.

I live in Melbourne, a city of over 5 million people, just for the record.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

1. 14 dead, 17 wounded.

Well thanks for that. Holy cow.

Ummmmmmmmmm. WTF? I figured this would be a mess.

Tony, I don't blame ya man. My posts hardly reflected what I truly want to say. My new clear headed self is much more ATS etiquette conscious.

Anyway, based off that summary it sounds like it truly could be a couple of well prepared lunatics?

Can't forget about the Masonic hat guy though. Lets not forget about that. Afraid this is one where well never get full truth. If any.
edit on 3-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Floke

They have a kid? Oh man and do something like this?.
Its all gone to pot

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Im trying to get their brotha.. IM TRYING! lol like Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction. lol So this guy might have went oversees and caught the crazies huh... i dont wanna sound like a broken record but i think we hit a point where mental illness can be spread like a disease, and this whole thing is its manifestation.
edit on 3-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Just to get people up to speed the last press conference (the info i linked to) was around page 132 +/- in this thread. After that presser the thread died down and normal speculation etc picked up from there. I would imagine it will come back to topic this morning / afternoon CA time for updates.

The chase info starts around page 45 +/- and dies off around page 132. It has the "play by plays" from a bunch of us who were listening to scanner traffic from various agencies involved.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's always nice to have you here with us during these early morning events/tragedies Xcath, I always appreciate the updates and your voice of reason.

With that said, i should try to sleep soon.....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
These two suspects are NOT the only perps involved. The neighbors describe the weeks long preparations for this in The perps garage. lots of "arabic looking people" coming and going from and to the garage specifically at very odd hours. there were booby traps. there were at least three pipe bombs as well. these ancillary people undoubtedly helped with at least logistics and support.
edit on 3-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a link I ran into this morning, thought some would probably be interested in since cair is speaking up about this...

In a statement of behalf of CAIR, Ayloush said, “We condemn this horrific and revolting attack and offer our heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones of all those killed or injured.” “The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with our fellow Americans in repudiating any twisted mindset that would claim to justify such sickening acts of violence.”

cnsnews.com...

kind of reading different stories as to weather this guy was a health inspector, or a bookkeeper/accountant of some sort.

ya know, I'm not gonna comment as to weather or not I think there was a terrorist motive in all this or not, but am I off the rails to wonder just how much damage an environmental health inspector with terrorist ties could do just by misperforming their jobs....
then again, he could have been monitoring the radiation levels of the area and just snapped one day after being told that he should be lying about the readings or something who know.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I just DON'T get it. I thought there were THREE suspects. Now the word is it was some Muslim Bonnie & Clyde team, where "Bonnie" is some unknown female possibly Saudi?

I can't find ONE photo of her. And what happened to the third Perp??

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
355th mass shooting in the US this year alone. More than 1 a day??????.what is going on america? ??

I know Obama will take the flak for this for some stupid reason and be demonised for doing the RIGHT thing with new gun control measures.

Truly horrible case. Can't be shocked cos there will be another 2moro and the day after that but RIP all the victims.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Dude you have to understand in chaotic scenes like yesterday reports are wrong.
Let the facts come in first eh?.

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join