It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Power_Semi

Do some research as to where most of those incidents took place. Most have been gun free zones, where criminals who shouldnt have legally had guns, had them anyway.

Criminals find ways to get guns, it doesnt matter how many gun laws are passed.

Hes not from the USA, he really doesnt know whats going on here, he just thinks that European crazies cant get guns fro some reason bc of the laws, and thats already proven false, so i dont know what hes ranting about

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
I love the way some of you "brave" Americans with guns, talk smack about protecting your family. lmfao Meanwhile....back in reality...their passing laws to prevent you from using your source of "protection". Do you have a back-up plan?

dont need a backup, the crazies can always get guns and so can us sane people, the law cant stop it, its already been proven.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I hear ya, a know-it-all from a different land, different culture. Like his esteemed collegue said to him, I'll say to you. They'll never get it so there is no point.

edit on 3-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think chris tock said it best don't ban guns just charge a hundred bucks a bullet.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
I love the way some of you "brave" Americans with guns, talk smack about protecting your family. lmfao Meanwhile....back in reality...their passing laws to prevent you from using your source of "protection". Do you have a back-up plan?

They're... not their...

They can't pass laws to prevent us from using our protection. Sorry. See the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

No point arguing with them tbh different culture and some love guns so much they can not grasp what you are saying.
It isn't just the gun that is the problem it is society.
It's broken.

I know I just find it incredibly interesting that:

a) They live in constant fear of their lives;
b) they can't seem to correlate that they have more guns and more shootings like this, and that these 2 facts are linked;
c) They consequently kid themselves that more guns will solve the shooting problems;
d) They are afraid of everyone;

They live in a total bubble that is isolated from the rest of the world and fear that everyone is out to get them, that they are surrounded by "bad guys" and that they individually are the "good guys".

And if you take their guns away you're sentencing them to their fate at the mercy of "the bad guys".

I think Hollywood has a lot to answer for personally.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy.
I came to know of this very late today and have only recently begun reading the thread. I want to say thanks to all who participated to add info. Threads like these are very valuable research tools when attempting to construct a timeline on these incidents.

So this guy and his wife get mad at his fellow county employees and decide to use their terrorist weapons to settle a workplace issue? And film the whole thing?
Oh, and they were accompanied by a shape-shifting friend on their rampage.
Upon completion of their mission of settling a workplace issue, they got back into their SUV and drove home.

Eye witnesses reported three shooters but police, who didn't arrive until the shooters had gone, now say the witnesses were mistaken.

The shooters died in a gunfight with police. Case closed? Or did I miss something?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: tonycodes

originally posted by: tonycodes

originally posted by: wantsome
Seriously what the hell is wrong with people? Every single person that is able should be trained to use and carry a gun. That way these wacko's might think twice before trying to kill innocent people. These people aren't mentally ill they're psychopaths.

Everyone having a gun isn't going to make things better, it's going to make things worse.

I guess that what's happened here is that this guy has been pissed off about something at work, he's felt "victimised" (seems to be ingrained into our culture these days), and so when he's got really angry he's gone home, got his guns and his wife, and they've gone and shot his colleagues.

If he didn't have the guns it wouldn't have happened.

If he is a terrorist he isn't going to give a stuff if anyone else is armed or not, he wants to die and will still do it.

You are all living in a marketing bubble where the gun companies have brainwashed you into thinking your life is in danger and you need as many guns as possible to protect yourselves.

You think that you guns make you free, but they don't, they enslave you.

You live in a world where you fear your fellow countrymen, you friends and neighbours, foreigners, your own government, and you expect death and violence and crime and pain and terror is lurking around every corner.

It isn't - there are plenty of countries around the world where people can't buy an assault rifle with their groceries and we're just fine.

We don't have kids shooting up schools every few weeks, or incidents like this, and we haven't been rounded up and sent to concentration camps by our evil leaders either because we can't "defend" ourselves.

If you think it's normal to need an assault rifle to go about your daily business then you either live in Beirut or some other war zone, or you're an American.

It's a sad state of affairs that in one of, if not the most liberal, tolerant, and economically strong countries in the world that you feel if you don't all have guns to threaten each other then you're all going to die.

The CEO's of the gun companies are the ones who benefit, and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

WELL, im not mentally ill, so im happy to have a way to protect my family... how is that bad?

You don't need them - who precisely are you protecting yourself from?

That's what I mean - it's a boogeyman created by the gun companies to give you a reason to buy guns.

Again, some of us understand there's an uptick in crazies overseas, they wanna get here, they just hit my hood today... im rightfully prepped... the real deniers are people liek you who think 105 million radicals isnt a threat to your family

You're living in a fantasy. There's a problem in America with people getting guns and killing Americans.

You're answer - give more people more guns.

Despite the fact that in countries with less guns this doesn't happen.

In your mind then these people are going to arrive in America, but really they're a secret army, they're going to arm themselves to the teeth and then kill everyone so they can take over...

...but not on your watch, because you're a man and a patriot, and that's why you have guns - or rather you think the guns make you a man and a patriot.

And with your little peashooter and a handful of ammo you are going to single handedly stop an army of 105 million people - because you're a man, and a patriot, and an American.

And if a few thousand more Americans have to die needlessly in between, well that's just tough, because it's your right to have a gun so that you can feel like a man and a patriot, and dream that you're in the military and on a combat mission, or a cowboy beating off the Indians (in between beating yourself off over your guns), etc.

Boring, and idiotic but so ingrained into your psyche that you can't see the wood for the trees.

So he's supposed to just cower in a huddle with his family and be executed? It doesn't have to be 105 whoever, just a couple of idiots breaking and entering.

Those things do happen. A Man has a responsibility to protect his family under any circumstances. Not just give up because folks such as yourself are so opinionated.

Sorry to be off topic everybody, made it to page 30 of the thread, had to skip to the end and I'm still trying to catch up. This is instanity. I've seen too many nonsense posts like the one above, couldn't take it anymore.

This is exactly the marketing brainwashing I'm talking about.

WHY would he need to cower in a corner - no one is going to execute him or his family.

If you can't see this and this is the kind of fear you live with daily then there is a major issue with your entire society.

We don't have guns, a home invasion and being executed never even enters my head - why does it enter yours - you live in America, not Afghanistan

Well that would be the worst case scenario. I said under all circumstances. I don't live in fear, to blessed to be stressed, but am well aware of the evil in this world. No matter the scale or severity. Nothing wrong with being prepared. Whatever dude, not worth the energy.
edit on 3-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You will get "well you pussys are all disarmed" soon enough despite us able to have guns.
Different culture dude no point talking sense lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
-redacted- for my safety
edit on 3-12-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
The shooters died in a gunfight with police. Case closed? Or did I miss something?

Not quite...

Was this a case of just the shootings or is there other elements involved?
Were the guns legal?
If not who / where did they come from?
Did anyone know they were going to do this?
If yes why didnt they try to stop it?

While the shooters may be dead the crime may extend beyond them.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You will get "well you pussys are all disarmed" soon enough despite us able to have guns.
Different culture dude no point talking sense lol.

It's kind of ironic though isn't it.

They call us pussies for not having guns, and yet all of their marketing tells them they have to get a gun to be a man.

So their guns are like a substitute for a penis, because they feel emasculated without one.

So who is the man - the one who daren't step out of his house unless he's armed to the teeth, or the one who doesn't need a gun to feel even slightly manly, because he already knows he's a man?

For all their hoo-rah and bluff and bluster they're just a load of frightened little boys.

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join