It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Gaza Rocket Hits Base In Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Defying Mahmoud Abbas cries for a cease fire, Palestinian militia men have fired a rocket which landed within the confines of Nahal Oz army base in Israel wounding at least 12 Israeli soldiers. The new attack, which Palestinian fighters claim was to avenge the deaths of 7 Palestinian civilians in a strawberry farm in Gaza, has prompted Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to claim that he now has doubts for peace following Arafts death. Sharon also stated that he doubted that the Palestinians will achive anything should the violence continue.

www.reuters.co.uk
GAZA (Reuters) - Palestinian fighters have wounded 12 soldiers in a rocket attack on Israel, defying calls for a ceasefire from Mahmoud Abbas, the frontrunner to succeed Yasser Arafat in an election on Sunday.

Israeli soldiers have killed more than 20 Palestinians in Gaza in the past week, including seven youths aged 11-17 who died on Tuesday from a tank shell which Israel said was aimed at militants firing rockets on Israeli targets.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's a double edged sword when you think of these attacks. I can understand the Palestinians point of view. With Israelis killing more than 20 Palestinians in the last week, including 7 civilians in a strawberry field, the Palestinians want to avenge them with the only means by which they can.
I also understand Israels point of view. Having to worry every moment that a rocket attack, or a suicide bomber is in their presence, they must over-react to situations.

With the Gaza pullout so close to coming to fruition, which I truly believe will be a harbinger of peace to that region, it is ashame that a true cease fire from both sides cannot be achieved.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There will be no peace in Israel until 3-1/2 years of a false peace. Then literally HELL will break loose. Man has doomed himself for not following God and Christ's teachings.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Never Peace

There will be no peace in Israel until 3-1/2 years of a false peace. Then literally HELL will break loose. Man has doomed himself for not following God and Christ's teachings.

A little strong, but I do agree that I see no way that there will ever be peace in that part of the world. The hate and distrust has been present for so long there that it is nothing but plot, and counterplot.
Also being that most of the hatred is driven by religous beliefs makes it all the more worse. Religous persecution is the strongest that there is.
Very sad.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sad situation. No winners there.

The Israelis look bad, the Palestinians look bad.

The 'Bible Code' said Arafat would be murdered- by poison, I believe from his own people.(Bible Code II pg. 100, et al) Bush and Sharon are mentioned in the book over and over again. Poison can cause kidney failure, right?

Unless Sharon maintains peace he also will be assasinated, according to the book.
Arafat is mentioned in the book as dying many different ways, depending on different events. Arafat, as we all know, locked himself in his compound to avoid what? Murder by Hamas according to the book.

Very repetitive story in the book, over and over Sharon refused to meet with the author. Sharon is shown to be the true cause for continuing war in that area. Arafat believed but couldn't find the political courage to stop his own people from destruction. Fairly good read, a little doomsdayish for my taste

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
funny how a religious war between jews and muslims can somehow become bible code fodder. funnier still is the thought that this is all because they don't accept jesus christ as their personal savior.

There will never be peace in the middle east. If you give the palestinians what they want, they will ask for more. If you give them too much there will be unhappy israelis who will, most likely, make a stink. wars surrounding religious beliefs are never won.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The 'Bible Code' said Arafat would be murdered- by poison, I believe from his own people.(Bible Code II pg. 100, et al) Bush and Sharon are mentioned in the book over and over again. Poison can cause kidney failure, right?

Wow, I wasn't aware of the "Bible Code" That is interesting though isn't it? Yes, poison can cause kidney failure.

There will never be peace in the middle east. If you give the palestinians what they want, they will ask for more. If you give them too much there will be unhappy israelis who will, most likely, make a stink. wars surrounding religious beliefs are never won.

My point exactly. Not just sad, but rather scary as well due to the fact that if the doo-doo really does hit the fan, it will absolutely escalate to the rest of the world.

top topics

join