It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered in Jerusalem.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The Old Testament pretty clearly says that there need not be any intercessor for a creation to seek out and communicate with their Creator.

Scxripture please.
Try to stay on topic.
edit on Rpm10516v10201600000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: Marduk

Thousands upon thousands of underwater villages from that time era would seem to disagree with you

But you can't link to anything credible that has any evidence of thousands and thousands of submerged villages can you
besides which, Ballard was hypothesising that the basin of the Black sea flooded through the Bosphorus, an idea he ripped off from Ryan and Pitman, who beat him to it by a decade
and besides that, you believe in a global flood, not localised flooding...

and here, can you tell me what these lines are from ?

When a seventh day arrived
I sent forth a dove and released it.
The dove went off, but came back to me;
no perch was visible so it circled back to me.

and

I sent forth a raven and released it.
The raven went off, and saw the waters slither back.
It eats, it scratches, it bobs, but does not circle back to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dashen on Christ

Dashen, are you a troll, or an OT believer just not a fan of Christ?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Why not both?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That thar be some gilgamesh, which was based on Atra-hasis which was based on a likely older character. eg, Noah.
Now heres some mo' science for your brains

Evidence for a Flood
Evidence for a Flood
Sediment layers suggest that 7,500 years ago Mediterranean water roared into the Black Sea

. Scholars have known for a long time that the Bible isn't the only place this story is found — in fact, the biblical story is similar to a much older Mesopotamian flood story in the epic of Gilgamesh. Scholars usually attribute things like the worldwide occurrence of flood stories to common human experiences and our love of repeating good stories, but recently scientists have started to uncover evidence that Noah's flood may have a basis in some rather astonishing events that took place around the Black Sea some 7,500 years ago.

Two geologists at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory have offered a new theory of what happened next. William Ryan and Walter Pitman, in Noah's Flood (Simon & Schuster), postulate that as time went on, the world warmed, the glaciers retreated and meltwater from the European glaciers began to flow north into the North Sea, depriving the Black Sea of its main source of replenishment. The level of the Black Sea began to drop, and most of the area around its northern boundary — the area adjacent to present-day Crimea and the Sea of Azov — became dry land. At this point, the level of the Black Sea was several hundred feet below that of the Mediterranean, and the two were separated by the barrier of the Bosporus, then dry land. This situation, with the world ocean rising while the Black Sea was falling, could not last forever. Eventually, like a bathtub overflowing, the Mediterranean had to pour through into the Black Sea basin.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That thar be some gilgamesh, which was based on Atra-hasis which was based on a likely older character. eg, Noah.
Now heres some mo' science for your brains

um, no, that's long debunked science, which is why its dated 2000.
If you had bothered to look outside your bubble you would have found this
en.wikipedia.org...

which claims that there wasn't a sudden flood at all
And as I said earlier, you are looking for a global flood to support your erroneous beliefs in Noah

I posted Gilgamesh, which predates the Biblical account by more than a thousand years
So Noah is a late in the day rip off and Gilgamesh was widely available to the Jews during the diaspora.
They were actually employed as librarians while in Babylonia, tasked to copy old texts onto new tablets, they even signed their work "Rabbi"
So its a fact, that the Global flood of Noah was copied from Gilgamesh, not the other way round
and its also a fact that Gilgamesh was copied from Atrahasis, which describes a riverine flood, not a global one, the story was simply exaggerated in the retelling

The storm and flood begin. Even the gods are afraid. In tablet III iv, lines 7-9 the words "river" and "riverbank" are used, which probably mean the Euphrates River, because Atrahasis is listed in WB-62 as a ruler of Shuruppak which was on the Euphrates River.

No, Noah, no global flood, no descendants of Noah populating the world, no Yahweh sending a flood, no decimation of mankind,
Its all story telling to make a non existent God look big.

edit on 5-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
Everybody lies, its part of the human condition

This sentence is a lie.

Harte

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Marduk
Everybody lies, its part of the human condition

This sentence is a lie.

Harte

ok the dead don't lie

except down

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The story of atra harsis was the translation of a 4000 year old dead language.
to think that there couldn't be a mistranslation is ridiculous.
Especially the logic of it because why would someone have to collect loads of animals or build a raft for a river flood. Just head for the hills or to the next dry town.
But how could someone conceivably keep any sort of animals on the raft without it flipping over?
Interestingly enough the Old Testament never uses the word ark. The word Teva Used is the same as the wordfor the basket that Moses was placed in
Moreover the Talmud states that it was not a flood of the entire globe but rather of the Mediterranean area

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Actually that's all they do.
unless they were buried standing up

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The story of atra harsis was the translation of a 4000 year old dead language.
to think that there couldn't be a mistranslation is ridiculous.
Especially the logic of it because why would someone have to collect loads of animals or build a raft for a river flood. Just head for the hills or to the next dry town.
But how could someone conceivably keep any sort of animals on the raft without it flipping over?
Interestingly enough the Old Testament never uses the word ark. The word Teva Used is the same as the wordfor the basket that Moses was placed in
Moreover the Talmud states that it was not a flood of the entire globe but rather of the Mediterranean area

You haven't read Atrahasis, you haven't read Gilgamesh
And it wasn't Moses in a basket, it was Sargon the Great, who's basket story predates Moses by 1000 years again, later ripped off by Judaism.

You really don't seem to know what you are talking about.
There weren't loads of animals in any Mesopotamian flood story
Your ignorance is amazing

Keep it coming, you're doing your faith a real disservice.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Then where did all the birds come from?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Then where did all the birds come from?

Nope, what birds ?

This is going to be nonsense isn't it

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What are Graham Hancock, and Randall Carlson always on about a comet impact that hit 12,800 years ago?

Do you know about any of that or are you just talking #?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

ok boss, obviously you are the one who should LEARN HOW TO READ.

Tablet III of the Atrahasis Epic contains the flood story. This is the part that was adapted in tablet XI of the Epic of Gilgamesh. Tablet III of Atrahasis tells how the god Enki warns the hero Atrahasis (“Extremely Wise”) of Shuruppak, speaking through a reed wall (suggestive of an oracle) to dismantle his house (perhaps to provide a construction site) and build a boat to escape the flood planned by the god Enlil to destroy humankind. The boat is to have a roof “like Apsu” (a subterranean, fresh water realm presided over by the god Enki), upper and lower decks, and to be sealed with bitumen. Atrahasis boards the boat with his family and animals and seals the door. The storm and flood begin. Even the gods are afraid. In tablet III iv, lines 7-9 the words "river" and "riverbank" are used, which probably mean the Euphrates River, because Atrahasis is listed in WB-62 as a ruler of Shuruppak which was on the Euphrates River.

After seven days the flood ends and Atrahasis offers sacrifices to the gods. Enlil is furious with Enki for violating his oath. But Enki denies violating his oath and argues: “I made sure life was preserved.” Enki and Enlil agree on other means for controlling the human population.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What are Graham Hancock, and Randall Carlson always on about a comet impact that hit 12,800 years ago?

Do you know about any of that or are you just talking #?

I know all about it
its nonsense, like everything that Hancock supports because he makes money from gullible people who buy his books

According to the researchers, the Younger Dryas impact event evidence "fails the critical chronological test of an isochronous event at the Younger Dryas onset, which, coupled with the many published concerns about the extraterrestrial origin of the purported impact markers, renders the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis unsupported. There is no reason or compelling evidence to accept the claim that a cosmic impact occurred about 12,800 years ago and caused the Younger Dryas

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

ok boss, obviously you are the one who should LEARN HOW TO READ.

ahhh with you, you are confusing Upnapishtim with Atrahasis, Upnapishtim is the flood hero in Gilgamesh, he sends out the birds, Atrahasis just takes food animals with him, not two of every kind.

See I knew this was going to be nonsense
We are done here
Let me know when you've actually read the texts that you're making claims for and start a new thread... But I'm not going to respond in this thread to you any longer, because you are an utter waste of my time.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: dashen

(
The Old Testament pretty clearly says that there need not be any intercessor for a creation to seek out and communicate with their Creator.
)

Scxripture please.
Try to stay on topic.

n Judaism, prayer is a totally private matter, between each individual and God. As the Bible says: "God is near to all who call unto Him" (Psalms 145:18). Further, the Ten Commandments state: "You shall have no other gods BEFORE ME," meaning that it is forbidden to set up a mediator between God and man. (see Maimonides - Laws of Idolatry ch. 1)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

the [snipped] is strong and unapologetic with you.
I respect that.

Tablet III of the Atrahasis Epic contains the flood story. This is the part that was adapted in tablet XI of the Epic of Gilgamesh. Tablet III of Atrahasis tells how ..... The boat is to have a roof “like Apsu” (a subterranean, fresh water realm presided over by the god Enki), upper and lower decks, and to be sealed with bitumen. Atrahasis boards the boat with his family and animals and seals the door. The storm and flood begin. Even the gods are afraid. In tablet III iv, lines 7-9 the words "river" and "riverbank" are used, which probably mean the Euphrates River, because Atrahasis is listed in WB-62 as a ruler of Shuruppak which was on the Euphrates River.

edit on 5-1-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

edit on 1.6.2016 by Kandinsky because: snipped ad-hom

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Scientific American seems to disagree with Wiki.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Sediments from six sites across North America—Murray Springs, Ariz.; Bull Creek, Okla.; Gainey, Mich.; Topper, S.C.; Lake Hind, Manitoba; and Chobot, Alberta—yielded such teensy diamonds, which only occur in sediment exposed to extreme temperatures and pressures, such as those from an explosion or impact, according to new research published today in Science.

Oh I don't know which source is more credible... Scientific American, or wiki?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join