It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered in Jerusalem.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Marduk

There you go again, speaking about something you know nothing about, that's the irony

What's to know about a find that bolsters a faith in the face
of you saying it's crumbling? I know what i'm talking about do you?
Archeaology continues to confirm scripture and has never been to
it's discredit.

A find that does not in any way bolster scripture, unless you'd like to tell me how it took Moses 40 years to walk the 1000 miles to Israel (25 miles a year) with God leading the way and stopping mostly at towns that either didn't exist at the time or which had fallen into ruin.

You apparently, like most faithers are actually clueless to anything that doesn't fit your worldview, you are probably voting for Trump.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Well the OT is pretty clear about why they were forced to wander over 40 years.
But it's kind of hard to know what that reason is without reading it.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Because they were naughty, doesn't explain their ability to time travel...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Because Jules Verne and doctor who are Jewish?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Because Jules Verne and doctor who are Jewish?

Best answer I ever heard, thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

De nada,
Now where do you seem to think there is time travel happening in the ot?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

De nada,
Now where do you seem to think there is time travel happening in the ot?

check out the stations of the exodus
One of the stopping points of the Exodus was a town called Ezion-geber.

Numbers 33:
35 And they journeyed from Abronah, and pitched in Ezion-geber.
36 And they journeyed from Ezion-geber, and pitched in the wilderness of Zin--the same is Kadesh.

Archaeology has shown that this town was only occupied between the 8th - 6th C BCE and then again briefly in the 4th C

Now someone living later say during the 8th to 6th centuries would have known of the existence of Ezion-geber, but wouldn't have known its history, so from a fictional standpoint, its a good fit, but from a realistic approach, it isn't even slightly possible that the Israelites were ever there when they said they were.

However, they were enslaved by the Babylonians at the time that the Exodus was actually written. With access to the libraries, from which they could recreate whatever story they wanted. Lets say they wanted a story that kept their faith alive, that told of them being enslaved by a mighty civilisation (like Babylonia), from which they could eventually escape with Gods help (Like Babylonia), and return triumphant to Israel.

Its a load of old bollox really isn't it, propaganda fiction to establish a claim over a piece of land which their fictional God has promised them. Or Time travel, God hid them from the Egyptians by moving them forwards in time, so that they could stay at a town that didn't exist in their timeline for another 700 years and then back again, in time to get back to Israel, but God made a mistake on his temporal calculations and sent them back 39 years too late.

I'm waiting for it to come out at the cinema

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Please, you can't make a case with asinine assumptions.

A find that does not in any way bolster scripture, unless you'd like to tell me how it took Moses 40 years to walk the 1000 miles to Israel (25 miles a year) with God leading the way and stopping mostly at towns that either didn't exist at the time or which had fallen into ruin.

You apparently, like most faithers are actually clueless to anything that doesn't fit your worldview, you are probably voting for Trump.

Almost forgot

edit on Rpm10416v47201600000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

, are you trying to say that since there is no evidence currently that a brief pit stop was made at a small town that the pit stop did not happened?
I've stopped at several highway rest areas over the years but I doubt there will be any archaeological evidence in 4000 years

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

, are you trying to say that since there is no evidence currently that a brief pit stop was made at a small town that the pit stop did not happened?
I've stopped at several highway rest areas over the years but I doubt there will be any archaeological evidence in 4000 years

The evidence says that the pit stop didn't exist, at all, at the time of the Exodus, it has been excavated. It wasn't there.
How can you ignore that, oh yes, I forgot, you don't have a choice as a believer do you. Anything that doesn't support your belief can be discarded without it being rationalised because we wouldn't want a little thing called evidence to damage a middle eastern religion would we.

If I were you I'd stop here, you wouldn't want me to ask you how parts of the Bible appear in known fictional stories from cultures that existed before Judaism was even born would you...
edit on 4-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Bronze Age towns went through an evolution.
you don't just start digging and then there's foundations and everything.
Many small towns in those days were tribal conclaves.
most small towns consisted of tents and light mud brick houses, things that usually return completely back to the earth over the centuries.
To think we know exactly what was and wasn't there so many thousands of years ago is part of the conceited attitude of modern academia

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

How do you know that they are known fictional stories?
Most ancient legends are really just exaggerated tales of forefathers
Osiris and the Egyptian pantheon arel likely the biblical family of adam, there is even a seth.
every ancient Society also has a flood story.
I guess that's just a coincidence too.
almost every ancient religion talks about heavenly beings coming down in imparting wisdom.
I guess that's a coincidence too.
and then there are the ubiquitous pyramids and ziggurates of the ancient world.
Also stories of giants with multiple rows of teeth are to be found in almost every ancient culture.
Many things seem to point to an older world religion

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Laughable, if that's all you've got I can see why you can't allow evidence to sway your faith, because if you did, then you'd have to face reality and you just can't do that can you.

The only giant mentioned in the bible is Goliath, at 6'9, or didn't you know that either, he didn't have two rows of teeth, perhaps while you're squirming you could give me a biblical reference to a giant for a double row of teeth

and when you've failed that you could give me a reference to Giants reported in Indian burial mounds which allegedly had double rows of teeth at a time when molars were actually called "double tooth"

See not only do I know all about your faith system, I know how erroneous it is, I know all the crap that you think supports it and I know all the answers that show that it doesn't
You should probably go back to pretending that Michael Drosnin doesn't exist and that you've discovered something amazing in the Torah that isn't in fact a statistical certainty
lol

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Besides than the nefilim references, the Talmud mentions the four giants of hevron, and og king of bashan.
The ancient Greeks spoke of titans.
The norse of their own Giants.
Sumerians.
Hindu.
I could go on

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

YAAA!

Bronze Age towns went through an evolution.
you don't just start digging and then there's foundations and everything.
Many small towns in those days were tribal conclaves.
most small towns consisted of tents and light mud brick houses, things that usually return completely back to the earth over the centuries.
To think we know exactly what was and wasn't there so many thousands of years ago is part of the conceited attitude of modern academia

Spot on vs spot non!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Besides than the nefilim references, the Talmud mentions the four giants of hevron, and og king of bashan

The ancient Greeks spoke of titans.
The norse of their own Giants.
Sumerians.
Hindu.
I could go on

Yeah, you could go on, but you'd save yourself some embarrassment if you didn't.
For instance, the four Giants of Hebron, were of the tribe of Anakim, who :-
Deuteronomy 2:10-11
The Emim dwelt therein aforetime, a people great, and many, and tall like the Anakim

They are described as tall, not giant. So that ones gone
Og wasn't as big as his bed, which is described as large but its a bed, you'd think if Og himself was a giant the bible would say so, again, this is the flimsiest of evidence I have ever seen and I've seen it so many times now that it bores me.

The ancient Greeks were talking about mythology of a world that existed before humanity.
So were the Norse and the Hindu Kumbhakarna only appears in a known fictional story.
Lets not forget here that you are trying to support your claim for biblical giants and the Nephilim are only described as giants in the Septuagint and later, in the original Bible they are just called the Nephilim and there is nothing giant about them at all

unless you can produce some bones there you are taking stories as if they were evidence, are you a child ?

There are no Giants in Sumerian literature, there is no Sumerian word for giant. I'd love to see the flimsy evidence that you think supports that claim, is it perhaps another statue. Laughable, you don't seem to understand the slightest thing about the ancient world, but that's typical when you come to faith isn't it, the old logic isn't really there is it

Now we are way off topic, so I suggest that if you want to see your faith and its support utterly crushed that you open your own thread in the appropriate forum and stop hijacking this thread which isn't your soapbox..

originally posted by: [post=20222753]
Spot on vs spot non!

When you've finished patting your brother in faith on the back for spouting utter nonsense, perhaps you could tell me why neither of you knew that the town didn't exist until the 8th Century BCE when it appears in Exodus in the 15th C BCE
because pretending that the biblical scholars who excavated it got it wrong puts you in opposition with academics who share your belief....

Oh, you didn't know that, but then, you hardly know anything at all...
edit on 4-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Listen Marduk, I know better than to try and match my knowledge
with yours. There you have my admission. On the other hand, perhaps
that keeps me from coming off as the God of all knowledge. And therefore
making the same asinine assumption more than once. As I've complimented
your memory here recently. It seems to have failed you in this instance if
I'm not mistaken. Either way, I did know of those towns you say I didn't.
But I believe the same thing about that as Dashen has already described.
So there you have it. And the proof is on this site some where and I will
find it come hell or high water at your request. I think Barcs was involved.

Now that I think harder, I may have learned it from you!

edit on Rpm10416v53201600000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Listen Marduk, I know better than to try and match my knowledge
with yours. There you have my admission. On the other hand, perhaps
that keeps me from coming off as the God of all knowledge. And therefore
making the same asinine assumption more than once. As I've complimented
your memory here recently. It seems to have failed you in this instance if
I'm not mistaken. Either way, I did know of those towns you say I didn't.
But I believe the same thing about that as Dashen has already described.
So there you have it. And the proof is on this site some where and I will
find it come hell or high water at your request. I think Barcs was involved.

Now that I think harder, I may ghave learned it from you!

You have the same supporting evidence for the Bible as there is supporting the reality of Harry Potter
If you believe in the Bible, then without being a hypocrite, you also have to believe in the boy wizard
This is basic logic, Genesis, didn't happen, earlier cultures also have creation stories and theirs are all different
The Exodus didn't happen, none of the details match the reality and the Egyptians didn't keep a million Israelites as slaves

As those stories are well known to have been written centuries after the fact, then its quite obvious it is an attempt to create a cosmogony. But to claim that is a reality, is intellectually redundant and incredibly arrogant, because it ignores the claims of all the other religions, which are equally valid/invalid
The fact is, that the flood story of Noah, is derived from the flood stories of Mesopotamia, all you have to do is read them to see the truth of that. I could post extracts from Gilgamesh and when I've done that before, people couldn't tell the difference between that and Noah, but what's the point, you've already made your mind up

I'm not opposed to people who have faith, but what I am opposed to is people who try to defend that faith with bull poop in a thread which isn't at all about it.
Proselytising on an internet forum is about the worst thing you can do when there are people around who know better

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

well, abraham, who allegedly was sumerian wouldve known about the epic of gilgamesh.
Moses, being his great, great, great, great, great grandson wouldve know the family tradition as well

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm not opposed to people who have faith, but what I am opposed to is people who try to defend that faith with bull poop in a thread which isn't at all about it.
Proselytising on an internet forum is about the worst thing you can do when there are people around who know better

And I would correct you simply by saying people who think they know better.
I remain completely unconvinced by your false knowledge and I have a person
who never lied in his 33 years on earth as a go to. Match your knowledge with
him.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join