It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

99 Amazing Facts for People Who Like Amazing Facts

page: 1

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM

Just to take your mind off the argume....uh, lively debates we've been in lately. Sometimes we get a bit wrapped up in our opinions and need to back off and cool down.
So.....a bunch of weird facts that no one really cares about, but it'll take your mind off BLM for a few minutes.

For the rum fans -

53. There really was a Captain Morgan. He was a Welsh pirate who later became the lieutenant governor of Jamaica.

Always looking to make a buck -

68. For $45, the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing will sell you a 5-lb bag with $10,000 worth of shredded U.S. currency.

I never knew this! -

75. The unkempt Shaggy of Scooby-Doo fame has a rather proper real name—Norville Rogers.

This I knew quite well. X 3! -

79. A baby can cost new parents 750 hours of sleep in the first year.

And last, but not least, a little something for the Vegan who isn't quite there yet -

21. At Fatburger, you can order a "Hypocrite"—a veggie burger topped with crispy strips of bacon.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:43 AM
a reply to: DAVID64

Who doesn't love amazing facts? Great share - thanks David!

This thread is a gem

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM

I knew about the Shaggy thing, but did not know they keep bags of shredded cash laying around for sale... guess they had to get the silver notes out of circulation in favor of the reserve notes somehow. S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
a reply to: sycomix

I thought people buy it to recycle it and reprint a higher denomination on them but it seems the ones that buy it the most are for art projects

I had a small bag at some point a few years ago purchased at a museum

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:50 PM

Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue" was penned by beloved children's author Shel Silverstein.

I had no idea. Since I like Shel Silverstein, that makes it so much cooler.

When asked why he chose the name Piggly Wiggly, founder Clarence Saunders said, "So people will ask that very question."

That sounds like something I'd do lol.

new topics