It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ministry Of Defense Website Shows Evidence Of ISIS Oil & Turkey [With Sat Images & Video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You just blamed Assad, twice. I knew that would be the counter psyop "official position" as soon as I heard this come out from the Russians

Um, not sure how you managed to work that out from what I wrote. Clearly English is not your first language.

Not sure which one of my facts you think are part of some psyop gubbins, but please demonstrate what I said was inaccurate. However, what part of what I said is inaccurate? I said (if you recall) that it's been widely reported that ISIS smuggles oil to various counties and even the Syrian regime and not just to Turkey. They also sell oil to the millions of unfortunates that are under their control.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In this region no doubt ISIS oil is being smuggled into Turkey and into Iran, Assads Syria, Lebanon and who knows where via the Mediterranean. It is the same way weapons and ammo gets in. These routes are older than the nations they pass through. We see ISIS has mostly Russian weapons and ammo. Russia sells to a buyer and the resell to ISIS. ISIS sells to a buyer and the resell to a country. Smuggling is a way of life in the region.

The question one should ask Russia is, if they believe that the Turkish leadership is involved why do they not sanction Turkey. And I mean real sanctions and not the phony ones they put up for the plane shoot down. Or take the evidence before the Security Council. Then again who knows what the Turks would show on the Russians. Maybe its better they do nothing.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The bigger question has to beg, what did all those 8000 airstrikes (so far) in Syria do to interdict this flow of oil? How come the Russians have to get involved and show the footage of unimpeded flow of oil from oil field to thousands of tanker trucks to refineries and ports?

What, The Most intel gathering and mission capable nation has been bombing Isis for a year and somehow missed this?

mmm hmm…

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Stick to the topoic......

Russian Ministry Of Defense Website Shows Evidence Of ISIS Oil & Turkey [With Sat Images & Video]

Don't spoil the thread for those who wish to debate the topic.....and don't point fingers....You are responsible for your own posts.

An opposing viewpoint is NOT a valid reason to complain & It takes two to tango
*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics
Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The Russians come to the table with evidence of Turkey's complicity in smuggling isis oil and the best you and the others can do is say everyone else is doing it too. Please show evidence that Iran is smuggling isis oil, or keep your defamatory comments to yourself.

Every day that goes by the picture is coming more into focus, and the picture looks like Nato (US) holding hands with Isis. There is virtually no evidence that clears US, Turkey, etc of being in bed with Isis. Token strikes and words don't count.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Russians are posting this because Erdogan said he would step down if it was proved.

defence.pk...

Just one source of many out there quoting it. I don't want to keep posting about the same claim ad-nauseum.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I would think that the cost of $20 million it will cost Turkey is not fake sanctions really. And it will cost them more down the line. I doubt that the Turks really have anything on the Russians.At least for right now. I just think Erdogan is plain stupid and corrupt. He has jailed several people (his own) for bringing the corruption to light. They had it on film etc. I really wish the people would now make Erdogan step down and vacate his post. There were cries of voter fraud on a large scale this last election,I'm sure the people would like another go at him.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
I wonder what the terrorists make of this. We know most of them are being used as puppets to cover for this operation. Should they turn on their own who are carrying out all the atrocities in the name of religion.

It is them who we should be targeting with this info. They are the only ones who can sort this out. From inside.

For me it's also a concern about NATO and the U.S. I keep saying, if the Russians can archive and track this, then the U.S. KNEW about it. And if the U.S. knew about it, who else does.

What is confusing here?

Smuggling and war are inseparable..

And this is NOT NEWS..
OCT. 25

Most of the oil is bought by local traders and covers the domestic needs of rebel-held areas in northern Syria. But some low-quality crude has been smuggled to Turkey where prices of over $350 a barrel, three times the local rate, have nurtured a lucrative cross-border trade.

www.businessinsider.com...

Inside Isis Inc: The journey of a barrel of oil
ig.ft.com...

It goes through Turkey and Iraq and is sold on the black market. Both Russia and the US et al. don't want to bomb oil fields in Syria because it would be a huge price tag tacked onto rebuilding and it would kill and injure large swaths of civilians.

We can drone the convoys leaving Syria....but the idea that we should bomb Iraq or Turkey because smugglers cross their borders? Hell your car might be running on ISIS Syrian oil right now..the black market cares not where the oil comes from and that oil quickly gets intermixed with other supply lines.

Russia propaganda is silly. Not news and nothing mysterious here.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well rumours now go that Turkey has shut down the Bosporus It seems somehow this came from CNN , cant confirm that.

If that's true then Russian ships cant go back to and from Russia to Syria ..

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What proof of a horrible destruction of a country, Syria, by predator savages: ISIS, Turkey, US, NATO, and the Gulf States.

When the barbarians are defeated the world will have to Syria for what they did to that country. Some of our tax money will go to that of course, which may be a good cause but its another proof that this ISIS episode affects the whole world.

Now we know why the Western countries are so anxious to take in Syrians: guilt!

May God soon give them, those responsible for this done to Syria, all what they deserve

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Dardanelles Strait traffic real time monitoring

I don't know if this is the usual situation or not, but there is definitely a bottleneck

edit on 2-12-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: 0bserver1

Dardanelles Strait traffic real time monitoring

I don't know if this is the usual situation or not, but there is definitely a bottleneck

Closed for large tankers due to strong currents, nothing unusual.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: lightedhype

The big de is that Ergodan literally just said he would resign if proof is shown Turkey supports ISIS oil trade. Then the next day this. Add that to as you said months of this and... Wow Ergodan. Way to prove yourself a farce.

I don't think this proves that Turkey - i.e. the Turkish state - supports ISIS and the illegal smuggling of oil. This just proves what we already know, so hardly proof. More a vindication of previous assertions.

It doesn't.

Oil SMUGGLING.

Lots of things are smuggled in to countries all across the globe.

Smuggled meaning the state doesn't support the action.

ISIS makes their cash from a lot of different means.

From oil,human trafficking, and drug trafficking.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Turkey is NATO

Wrong they are just one of many nations that make up NATO, meaning they are a part NATO not NATO in whole.

whatever NATO wants Turkey to do, they will do

Care to provide anything to back this claim?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I seem to remember the last time they said they had evidence of something with sat. pics we got this...

Seems Russian satellites pick up things that aren't there.

I also remember the same people saying a plane was responsible( an SU 25) yet it can't reach that height...so I have a hard time believing anything coming from the Russian Ministry of Defence.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Turkey is NATO

Wrong they are just one of many nations that make up NATO, meaning they are a part NATO not NATO in whole.

You're hand is a part of you… is you in fact. And doesn't lift a fingerer unless you say so. NATO is a military alliance, as a military entity it has a command headquarters and a top down chain of command.

Turkey is NATO, whatever headquarters wants Turkeys does. Nice try at absolving Brussels of blame for Turkey just "carrying out orders".

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What saddens me is despite Russia putting out this evidence, it seems some people just can't accept the truth for what it is, and try to smear it with whatever anti-Russian rhetoric analogies that they can think up.

The Russian Military have basically proven Turkey's involvement with ISIS, until one shows me counter proof of this being all fabricated, I can't help but say Erdogan has received his "evidence" as requested.

It is only fitting that Erdogan sticks to his words, by resigning. Let's see how Erdogan responds to this move by Russians.

edit on 2-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're hand is a part of you… is you in fact. And doesn't lift a fingerer unless you say so. NATO is a military alliance, as a military entity it has a command headquarters and a top down chain of command.

Spoken like a true monarchist; we are all but organs subservient to the Crown. Russia is a member of BRICs, was it following China's orders when it entered Syrian airspace?

Turkey is NATO, whatever headquarters wants Turkeys does. Nice try at absolving Brussels of blame for Turkey just "carrying out orders".

There is no point explaining to you why you are wrong again. Just keep believing whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

No-one has ever denied that elements in Turkey have been trafficking with Daesh. The Russian Military has yet to prove that the Turkish government is involved. Call it "plausible deniability" if you will, but Russia's case against Erdogan would not stand up in a court of law. Even the Al Arabiya piece quoted in this thread attributed the dealings to "mafias."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join