It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Slap At Obama, GOP-Led House Moves To Block Steep Cuts To Greenhouse Gas Emissions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Run-on sentence ahead:

After we are drained dry by the elite globalists now meeting to figure out how they can best peddle the Climate Change Fear in order to line their Big Pockets with taxpayer money in order to finance their 'new-and-up-and-coming' companies poised to push out the old order of energy producers and take over with the "Solyndras" of the world which they most probably all have a stake in, decades down the road we will find out that what they have been pushing has done MORE HARM to our planet than anything that went before it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

Trying to work together with the rest of the world to save it for our children or children's children is stupid?

Considering most scientist who agree with th emajority of scientist dont even study climatology. Flawed models that have to be tweaked to get them to work to is suspicious.

If th ehead of th eweather channel who has been studying this issue for 20 plus years says its bunk,and his scientist he know say th esame im going to give pause to any global warming deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe it's a fraud because the local weather reporting station was moved from a farm about 6 miles out of town to the library courtyard. To make it easier to take the readings. The new station doesn't meet specs but is what they use.

This winter is going to be warm because of El Nino so wait till spring and it'll be the warmest winter in 10 years!!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Because halting Climate Change is a bad idea huh?

Yes, as I subscribe to the overwhelming evidence that it is a natural cycle, and that attempting to alter that cycle in any way to keep things at an arbitrarily determined 'natural balance' is a short-sighted goal driven by dreams of profit and power by those attempting to orchestrate the halting.

So which data isn't accurate?

We've done this dance before--showing suspected inaccurate data to those who locked in step with the AGW march to victory is always dismissed, so there's no point in it. There are plenty of threads in which you and I have both participated that have shown mountains of data concerning inaccurate (or even intentionally falsified) data from many countries. That is a subject that we don't need to rehash here.

No deniers is appropriate. At this point you aren't being open minded about it, you are just denying science. The evidence is incontrovertible. I notice you didn't refute a single bit of evidence I supplied at the bottom of my thread, instead you clipped that out from your quotes. I wonder why?

Ha...nice attempt at a gotcha moment, but I snipped it out of my quotes because refuting it with you on this thread when this dead horse has been beaten time and time again is pointless, and honestly, I have better things to do with my time than try to prove to you that it is more scientifically appropriate to assume that current climate change, while probably being minutely affected by human activity, is just another part of a larger cycle that is undeniably proven and recurring.

So, "denier" is not appropriate, as there is plenty of science and "incontrovertible" evidence that should make anyone who can employ appropriate critical-thinking skills question the "settled science," as those in lock-step with AGW claim it is.

It's not, whether or not you accept it. But like I said, I have better things to do with my time than try and convince you of anything...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
Is this how the republican members act all the time?

Not really contributing just name calling ..etc Not very effective debating skills if you ask me.

Besides propaganda can someone actually tell us why reducing greenhouse gas emissions is a bad thing?

Its not bad to reduce greenhouse gas,but it IS bad to blame it all on man. Past evidence and ice cores suggest this is normal climate movement. Government is trying to use peoples stupidity against them to make more money.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Past evidence and ice cores suggest this is normal climate movement

Not true. Ice core samples have shown a clear rise in co2 levels that directly correlate to the industrial revolution. Co2 levels were 40% lower before the revolution.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Fair enough. I might be jumping to conclusions. I'm not getting a lot of support in this thread and am trying to fend off partisan nonsense from many different angles...

Some of us are reading along, while muttering under our breath something about magnificent bastards

Plus, I'm on my phone. Slows me down :-)

These threads are usually thankless and hopeless endeavors - but this one really is making all your points for you. So - its not a wasted effort

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Past evidence and ice cores suggest this is normal climate movement

Not true. Ice core samples have shown a clear rise in co2 levels that directly correlate to the industrial revolution. Co2 levels were 40% lower before the revolution.

And in th epast they were even higher when th eearth was younger. therefore it CYCLES UP AND DOWN.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My Local Coal Plant has already shut down due to the last deal Obama struck, its nothing more then a relay station now, so we have to purchase our electric from a plant further away, at a premium, but recently THAT plant just fell to the same fate, it was also a coal plant.

All this president is doing is saving the energy industry money by closing all these plants, Consolidating, then charging the consumer more and more for the same power.

Every single thing the president has forced through has crippled the middle class and made the industry it involves more money, yet you guys seriously think Obama is anti 1%.

Either he's really that stupid, or he is in on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And in th epast they were even higher when th eearth was younger. therefore it CYCLES UP AND DOWN.

True, but those cycles can be matched to periods of elevated volcanic activity, etc. The core samples collected that show a sharp increase in co2 around the industrial revolution are not connected to such natural activity. Do you know what that means?

That means the increase is directly tied to the industrial revolution and not to any natural cycle.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Thanks!!!!! I am all for keeping our planet clean and safe, but sadly it is the governments of the world and our own nations profiteers that had created the world we have today, when it became the leader of the industrialized superpowers, because back then it was profits first clean air last.

And in this day and time it will be the same old same with another name as usual, sugar coated enough to keep people thinking that they care, very soon when the forest turn from woods to cement structure pinwheels all in the name of clear air.

What a joke, but is selling and people are buying into it.

BTW the work out was great.
got to keep the endorphin going.
edit on 2-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The left scream " The right is in the pocket of Big oil "

Yet they cannot see that "Their" guys are firmly in the pockets of those who stand to profit a windfall when all this stuff goes through.....cant wait for carbon credits!

Liberal left are in the pockets of cronies who arent interested in anything but stuffing their bank accounts under the "guise" of being green and helping the environment

Blind leading the blind

again if they cared so much, youd see those at the top making changes on how they conduct themselves , and their travels

All while telling the public what they need to be doing, they do NONE of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
Really what is the measured and projected sea level rise? Isn't it 1.5mm to 3mm per year? That is 30cm in 100 years. And storms and floods are not new and I was just reading some IPCC thing the other day saying there is little to no evidence of increased extreme weather events. So really is that all BS I'm not too sure.

The sea level has been rising on average about +2.6 mm and +2.9 mm per year ± 0.4 mm since 1993.

You are going to have to post that article about the IPCC not saying there is any evidence of increased extreme weather events, because I haven't seen such a thing. Not to mention I have plenty of links that say the opposite.

Is extreme weather caused by global warming?

There is growing empirical evidence that warming temperatures cause more intense hurricanes, heavier rainfalls and flooding, increased conditions for wildfires and dangerous heat waves.

Extreme Weather: Impacts of Climate Change

Here is a link from an IPCC climate change report from 2013:
Climate Change 2013

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

True, but those cycles can be matched to periods of elevated volcanic activity, etc. The core samples collected that show a sharp increase in co2 around the industrial revolution are not connected to such natural activity. Do you know what that means?

That means the increase is directly tied to the industrial revolution and not to any natural cycle.

Wasnt england experiencing a mini ice age then?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: Metallicus

Trying to work together with the rest of the world to save it for our children or children's children is stupid?

Considering most scientist who agree with th emajority of scientist dont even study climatology. Flawed models that have to be tweaked to get them to work to is suspicious.

If th ehead of th eweather channel who has been studying this issue for 20 plus years says its bunk,and his scientist he know say th esame im going to give pause to any global warming deal.

Planning on proving any of this?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Yes, as I subscribe to the overwhelming evidence that it is a natural cycle, and that attempting to alter that cycle in any way to keep things at an arbitrarily determined 'natural balance' is a short-sighted goal driven by dreams of profit and power by those attempting to orchestrate the halting.

Do you happen to know how that natural cycle even works? Or are you (as I suspect) just repeating the buzzphrase "natural cycles" over and over again.

We've done this dance before--showing suspected inaccurate data to those who locked in step with the AGW march to victory is always dismissed, so there's no point in it. There are plenty of threads in which you and I have both participated that have shown mountains of data concerning inaccurate (or even intentionally falsified) data from many countries. That is a subject that we don't need to rehash here.

No we haven't and no I don't. All I ever get is someone bringing up that tired debate about Climategate which has been proven to be a manufactured scandal and a falsehood. In any case, none of that is an excuse to dodge your duty to fulfill your burden of proof.

Ha...nice attempt at a gotcha moment, but I snipped it out of my quotes because refuting it with you on this thread when this dead horse has been beaten time and time again is pointless, and honestly, I have better things to do with my time than try to prove to you that it is more scientifically appropriate to assume that current climate change, while probably being minutely affected by human activity, is just another part of a larger cycle that is undeniably proven and recurring.

Then why did you even respond to me in the first place? I'm looking for a real debate not some dude's misinformed opinion on the internet.

So, "denier" is not appropriate, as there is plenty of science and "incontrovertible" evidence that should make anyone who can employ appropriate critical-thinking skills question the "settled science," as those in lock-step with AGW claim it is.

I haven't seen a single denier apply logical critical thinking to AGW. Ever. Heck here you are entering a thread, refusing to back anything you say up with links and then saying that its because we've done it before (we haven't). Par the course for a denier argument.

It's not, whether or not you accept it. But like I said, I have better things to do with my time than try and convince you of anything...

Naturally. Fly by posting only convinces me that you are wrong. Thanks.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Wasnt england experiencing a mini ice age then?

I don't know, but even if true it does not negate the fact that the actions of man increased co2 levels in the atmosphere. The effects of that are not within the scope of our discussion.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Thanks. I appreciate that I'm getting through to SOME people at least...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
The left scream " The right is in the pocket of Big oil "

Yet they cannot see that "Their" guys are firmly in the pockets of those who stand to profit a windfall when all this stuff goes through.....cant wait for carbon credits!

Liberal left are in the pockets of cronies who arent interested in anything but stuffing their bank accounts under the "guise" of being green and helping the environment

Got any proof of this? Because I can prove the statement that the right is in the pocket of big oil rather easily.

Work of prominent climate change denier was funded by energy industry

If it is so obvious, you shouldn't have any problem providing proof.

PS: You didn't answer my question from earlier in the thread. Are you denying that Global Warming is real? It's posts like this one that make me call you a denier despite you not making that clear in the thread, so please don't split hairs over that point anymore because you are clearly a denier.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah I do have proof

How hard all the leftist politicians are pushing it, silencing desent, advocating legal measures against those who don't agree.

Yup seems like they are in the picks of "Big Green Climate Change" to me

Don't tell me special interest groups aren't hard selling these politicians and lining their pockets

To think that big oil is but somehow "your guys" aren't is ludicrous and dishonest

edit on 12/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join