It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A resolution for the gender and sexual preference crisis!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Right. I try to maintain logical opinions on things, xx and xy seems pretty cut and dry and biologically logical to me, that being said I was raised Mormon, with parents about as far right conservative as they come. This is not an excuse for some of my mentalites, but I've definitely changed over time and even within this thread, I can say I'd vote for individual stalls before I would vote for labeled bathrooms.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Chinese and Japanese did it thousands of years ago: 男 XY for men and 女 XX for women. They still have issues so the idea doesn't run. It's been tried.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: queenofswords
BTW, at what age should a mother stop bringing her little boy into the ladies room? I have seen boys that looked to be nine or ten years old being ushered into the women's restroom, and thought she needed to cut the apron strings a bit.

Hell yeah!

Mine is 8. Still goes to ladies room with me and will continue.

His safety overrides anyone who feels uncomfortable.

LOL! If he is a normal kid, he will soon be bucking you in this, methinks!

Oh, he does!

I don't care.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MoshiachIusDei

I guess I don't know about public restrooms thousands of years ago.. Didn't know neanderthals had public buildings and such.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
A resolution for the gender and sexual preference crisis!

Lemme school ya; I will use any frikking bathroom that is unoccupied, when the need arises!
Such tiny neurotic minds...
Do you spend that much time in public bathrooms examining everyone else's sexual bits?
What are you, the crotch police? A pervert?
Just take care of your business!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I don't disagree with your intent, but it must be acknowledged that there are XXY and even XXXY individuals.

Still, no matter how much X, the Y is potent enough to override and promote male development. So X or Y would be enough.

My rule is about as simple.

No penis in the lady's room
No vagina in the men's room.

That solves the whole transgender mutilation issue. Of course if we had doctors who chose to 'do no harm' and stop promoting mental delusions with plastic surgery and/or hormone therapy we wouldn't have that issue either.

EDIT: Young kids get a pass, as was said there is a safety issue.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A "resolution" or a solution? Sounds like you're adding to the problem. Which is not a "resolution". A "resolution" is letting the mentally ill, dictate to society, what will/would be "normal". That's not a solution.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You are talking about a socially accepted norm that would be enforced by social pressures.
At the same time you are suggesting a chromosome-based test. A chromosome-based test is not possible without equipment and technology.
Moreover, your chromosome-based approach will require some persons with vaginas to use restrooms where most users have penes, and some persons with penes to use restrooms where most users have vaginas.

If you want a socially agreed and socially enforced delineation, the test should be more along the lines of visual appearance or at least of gross anatomy that is readily apparent without biological laboratory tests.

You are talking about a path of least resistance to sexual violence. I am not convinced that for a straigth rapist it is off less effort to masquerade as a woman than to wait in hiding along a jogging path.

Someone suggested only penes in a room intended for penis-carrying persons, only vaginas in a room intended for vagina-carrying persons. I dislike the hate-filled tone of their post, but at least their suggestion is more straightforward to enforce.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

One of my acquaintainces is almost 30 years old.
He refuses to go to any restroom or locker room in a public facility, even school, or restaurant, except when accompanied with two others.
His reason: "Everyone knows that public restrooms are terribly dangerous." I wonder where he learned this behaviour.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pirvonen

One of my acquaintainces is almost 30 years old.
He refuses to go to any restroom or locker room in a public facility, even school, or restaurant, except when accompanied with two others.
His reason: "Everyone knows that public restrooms are terribly dangerous." I wonder where he learned this behaviour.

Any isolated place can be dangerous - - like an elevator. Is your acquaintance afraid of elevators? How about stairwells?

Some people are just weird about public restrooms.

I tend to find them rather busy, with a lot of foot traffic. Not really that isolated.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I asked him. He says his mother only warned him about restrooms.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
For the record, I pretty much stop replying a thread once I come to my own conclusion on something. My original statement may not be favorable to all, and others suggestions such as private individual stalls or bathrooms address a lot more problems., in a more reasonable way than my original premise - at least that's the new opinion I've come to, therefore debating my original premise is pointless on my end due to a change of mind, essentially. Thank you everyone for your replies, though, I will come back should anyone post just to see what's happening, and what else might be added.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

You wouldn't be talking about me would you

First it's not a "Preference" it's "Orientation" something we are Born with, like our Gender-Identity...

let me tell you the problem with trying to regulate things based on XX and XY only

De La Chapelle syndrome

"Males" Born with Two X Chromosomes

Or what about "Swyer syndrome"

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I've addressed this as being an extreme minority of the population, should any of these people speak up I'd like to hear their voice. But as I just posted, I've come to a different conclusion anyways, that my original idea has more flaws than virtues. Thanks for coming by

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Of Course... Sex, Gender and Sexual-Orientation are not as cut and dry as people think

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Gender is like 99 percent cut and dry.

Sex is the same word, we've just gotten all political about it.

Sexual orientations is definitely not cut and dry though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sex is what is assigned to you at birth, Gender, or "Gender-Identity" is who your authentic self is, and knowing about the people who have been assigned "Male" and are born with a Uterus, or "Males" who are born with Two X Chromosomes i would say it is not even 99% cut and dry

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I mean that this applies to 99% of people - I've looked the numbers up and the chance of being inter-sex is 1 in thousands, some counts say. Sex-related chromosomal abnormalities are extremely rare. While I realize these people deserve rights, respect, a voice - Catering to these people specifically, even at the expense of others ( monetary or otherwise ) makes about as much sense as ensuring all restaurants are required to have utensils on each and every table, and all chairs that can be used by people with limb loss - Which is actually a higher percentage of people than intersex.

Source
source

Source for intersex

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why is everything a crisis now? How about I describe people how I choose, and if they're offended and I don't care to change my stance, we go our separate ways in peace.

I don't encounter any issues about this IRL. Online people throw hissy fits. In person I treat people like individuals and there's no issue.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It's not about "Catering" or "Special Rights" it's about Equality and not discriminating based on what is viewed as "Abnormal" it's about not treating people different just because they are again what some people see as "Different"

I understand the percentages are Low, but the fact is that Defining Sex by Chromosomes exist outside of just XX and XY, with these documented people it again is proof that X=This and Y=This is false

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join