It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A resolution for the gender and sexual preference crisis!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Would you be for that shared lobby having security cameras? I personally would. Both these ideas combined would reduce sexual crimes, even if by a small amount, I'd be for it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's a fine idea, but realistically, in high volume places, you would need many single-room bathrooms - to avoid massive lines. Apparently, this can get pretty expensive, so if everyone is okay with higher taxes and/or higher priced goods and services to pay for all these individual rooms, it's all good.

I think new facilities should be designed with rows of individual stalls in an open area - - - with open communal washing facilities opposite.

Wouldn't hurt to have a security guard/attendant in such places as malls where large groups of people mix.

Its ridiculous that a person, any person, can't safely pee when they need to.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

There are 12 states that currently have non-discrimination laws for transgender people using public accommodations. None of those states have reported a higher incident of heterosexual sex crimes in public restrooms after the laws were passed.

mediamatters.org...

You are just spewing the typical right-wing conservative talking points - fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I did solve the problem of pervs.

Look over, under, or anywhere in the stall, you get stabbed. Too harsh? Don't like it? Don't do it.

I have no patients for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thing is op now that you have jumped from just wanting to deny trans folk from using ladies bathrooms to sexual violence and such well what about tje sexual violence that would increase if you made attractive trans ladies use a male only bathroom.
Or do you only care about abuse towards people you understand.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm not big on the idea of camera's. There are way too many now and camera's in a restroom is way over the top for me.

I'd think most sexual crimes are committed by parents, friends and relatives who are trusted wrongly.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As long as we are being paranoid, what's to stop the perv from wearing a disguise or covering their face? They can then rape someone in the shared area if no one else happens to be around and they won't be identified by the camera.

Nope, I think we need individual, totally contained bathrooms - to be totally safe. But it's gonna cost ya. Maybe they should charge a fee to use the restroom. Put 50 cents in a slot to unlock the door. You only get a limited amount of time before the door automatically unlocks though, so if you are going to need more time, you have to put more money in the slot. That would help to pay for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Majorities, man.

What's more common? A grown male attracted to a teenage girl?

Or a grown male attracted to a trans female? Which is a very small percentage of the population anyways, not to mention they have the physical strength of a male/could defend themselves better than if a 30 yeard old MMA fighter was allowed into the bathroom with a teenage girl...

Again, I'm talking about the majority of situations.

Majority:

Males like females.
Males assault females.

Obvious conclusion?

Do not encourage these males to use the girls bathroom.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You're using extremes. Show me the statistics on how many people dress up in masks to gain access to others bathrooms, and how they are socially accepted into those bathrooms/even fought for by a political agenda...

I could find male/female rape statistics quite easily.

I'm denying these males easier access to the females. This isn't paranoia, it's logic.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So full of fear.
Im out obvious bait thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Why don't YOU show me the statistics that allowing transgender people to use the restroom most applicable to them causes a rise in sex crimes by heterosexual men going into women's restrooms?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

None exist yet obviously since such legislation is more in the debate phase rather than the law phase...

I could likely find statistics that criminals commit easy crimes more often, though.

It's human nature... Take the path of least resistance. If a guy wants to commit such a crime, a bathroom where he is now completely welcome would be a very easy place.

Are you suggesting not one hetero male would get this idea?

Answer that one question, honestly.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm pretty liberal...

Pro gay
Pro abortion
Pro Marijuana
Against discrimination of all genders, sexual orientations etc..

This has nothing to do with politics.

Xx on one door

Xy on the other.

Xx, xy cannot be debated, it's not an opinion, an orientation, a choice...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Thank you for the link. I'm all about statistics, which this seems to lack actual numbers, like pre and post legislation percentages, but they do give insight that perhaps my mentality is a bit overly cautious and what not.

As my signature says, I'm not just ignorant and stuck in my opinions. Your link does have me thinking my premise could be faulty, or exaggerated at least.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Hawaii, for example, passed the non-discrimination law for transgenders back in 2006. That's almost 10 years, and you can't find any statistics on sex crimes in public restrooms rising in the last 10 years? Didn't think so.

I'm amazed that you don't seem to care about restricting men from parking garages and jogging trails, since we know for a fact that rapes happen in those places. I'll bet if you looked, you would find more rapes happen in those places than in the public restrooms of the states that currently allow transgenders to use the restrooms of their choice. And yet, men are currently completely welcome in parking garages and jogging trails.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: queenofswords
BTW, at what age should a mother stop bringing her little boy into the ladies room? I have seen boys that looked to be nine or ten years old being ushered into the women's restroom, and thought she needed to cut the apron strings a bit.

Hell yeah!

Mine is 8. Still goes to ladies room with me and will continue.

His safety overrides anyone who feels uncomfortable.

LOL! If he is a normal kid, he will soon be bucking you in this, methinks!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I think bringing everyone's input and yours together, I can agree with some that individual stalls/rooms with locks would help all bathrooms, regardless of who can access them.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

But if you force a law-abiding transgender person to use the restroom where he/she feels unsafe (a transgender female having to use the men's room), you ARE discriminating against them for no other reason than they are transgender.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
M'ehh Gay's don't have issues with bathroom choice.

You can put whatever label on the door you want. It ain't gonna make any difference.

No labels, the female bathrooms are nicer so I want that as my choice too.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I think bringing everyone's input and yours together, I can agree with some that individual stalls/rooms with locks would help all bathrooms, regardless of who can access them.

Well it's a start!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join